Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there, I logged into this site a couple of months ago and you ladies were wonderfully helpful. My question then was whether or not to do a lap here in Australia or to do it on arrival in the UK, well based on your replies I ended up doing it here. As a result of the lap we have discovered major problems with my tubes and it has been suggested that IVF is the only option. My question is, what are the waiting lists for IVF like in the UK? am I better off letting my husband going to the UK and for me to stay behind and do treatment here (bringing him back for when he's needed) or to brave the waiting lists? Money is not an issue so we will be going private. Any responses both positive and negative will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello there - welcome back to FF!

I think that if you are paying privately you should get an appointment almost straight away - depending on the clinic. I am with a non-profit making clinic attached to a University Hospital - paying privately - and waited about 6 weeks for a first appointment. However, I think it can actually be a lot quicker than this in some 'profit making' clinics. I guess you could always do a bit of research on the internet in preparation and contact a few?

I wish you every success whichever clinic you decide on - and let us all know how you get on!

Alison xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts