Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. i had my first ivf cycle back in october 2006, unfortunatley it was cancelled as i only produced 1 and a half of an egg!! my doctor said we should cancel as they usually do egg retriveal at my clinic when its 3 or more eggs.
anyway iam now ready for my next ivf cyle, but iam scared incase i dont produce any eggs again, is there something i can take or do, to improve egg quality.
my husband suggested ED. but i dont think iam ready for that just yet!!
i have an endometrioma cyst on my left ovary, which is 3cm but we control it.
i lost my other ovary due to a 10cm cyst 2 years ago.
could the cyst i have now effect egg quality.
sorry for so many questions.
thanking you.. xxxx jackie,xxxx

[tr][td]

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
oh i don't know much but didnt want to just read and run.  I took the marilyn glenville fertility plus for women vitamins which i bought online - PM me if you want link, they are £30 but have everything in you need for optimum fertility and i am convinced they helped.  in her book she recons she can improve fertility and get couples pregnant with just the vits so they have got to be worth a go. (they are similar to zita west though incase you are already on those). 

I also had reflexology for 9 months which i think helped too but i have seen others start accupuncture right before their cycles and get way more eggs than in previous cycles so i would defo reccomend that given the timescale.  You need to maybe have one or two now then before and after EC or ET i am not sure but the accupuncturist will tell you or do a post on it and see what others have had.

Eat lots of protien, drink milk, put a hot water bottle on your tummy, eat brazil nuts (x 6 per day) drink pineapple juice must be fresh not from concentrate - those are all the usual reccomendations.

I hope you get more eggs this time hun.    ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Regarding the cyst i know some others have had theirs aspirated by their clinic just before they start cycling?  but anyway i am sure your clinic will advise you about that. 

^hugme^

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Jackbaby,

at my baseline scan they discovered an endometrioma on my right ovary approx 22 mls, the clinic were happy to precede and said it wouldn't affect anything.  When I had EC, they aspirated the endometrioma and said it may or may not grow back, but would not intefere with pregnancy.

3 cm is still considered small by the clinics, although not to us!!  If your clinic is not concerned then try to put it to the back of your mind.  It didn't affect anything on my cycle and I've just produced better egg quality than on my last cycle with no endometrioma.

Good luck with everything x

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Jackbaby

I took a combination of Folic Acid along with Coenzyme Q10, Zinc and Selenium which I started about 4 months prior to treatment.  During treatment I increased my protein intake and had the whey to go protein shake with milk.  I drank lots of milk and water and also pineapple juice.  During the ^2WW^ I also ate quite a few brazil nuts.

I kept my tummy warm with a wheatbag to encourage the follicles to grow.

I had a cyst that developed whilst down regging and the clinic decided to aspirate it so that I continue with the treatment.

All the best

x x x x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts