Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I asked my GP (2 years ago) and she told me if we went private we would lose our chance of NHS funding, but all PCT's are probably different. Might be worth asking the NHS Clinic you'd be going to.
Good luck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hiya,

As far as I am aware the NHS IVF funding policy for Sussex (certainly East Sussex), states that if you have had any private IVF treatment you are not eligible for NHS funding. Sorry.

Good luck with your treatment

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi there,

I was advised in Sussex that you could have 1 cycle privately and it wouldn't affect your NHS funding if you weren't successful.

Good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's what the policy says for Sussex, Kent and Surrey:
Couples will not be funded if they have already had three previous cycles of IVF/ICSI (irrespective of how these were
funded).
This means that couples will be funded:
• For up to six cycles of initial IUI, as clinically indicated and at the discretion of the referring gynaecologist
• For two cycles of IVF or ICSI if no previous cycles have been funded by the NHS, or if they have already received one non-NHS funded cycle
• For one cycle of IVF or ICSI if the couple has already received one NHS funded cycle or two non-NHS funded
cycles
Overall, eligible couples will be funded for a maximum of 6 cycles of IUI and four embryo transfers (including no more
than two transfers from fresh cycles)

This means that you can have a total of three cycles, but only two NHS. So either two NHS, two private and one NHS, one private and two NHS. Hope this makes sense. One cycle includes one fresh and one frozen to a total of four transfer, so can be:
- two fresh only (if no frozen to transfer)
- one fresh, 3 frozen (very unlikely)
- one fresh, one frozen, one fresh, on frozen
- one fresh, two frozen, one fresh
- one fresh, one fresh, two frozen
etc... it can't be more than two fresh, and it can be more than 4 in total. Hope it makes sense.

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
jojo11 said:
Hi, does anybody know what happens if you are on the waiting list for ivf on the nhs and you decide to pay privately, do you lose your nhs ivf place?
i dont think so, unless you get bfp of course then you lose it

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like NHS funding is being removed if you are West Sussex. We recently contacted the PCT who said that all new treatments for IVF are being denied and they will only fund treatment that has already been started. Letters were sent to their contract clinics on Monday.

Don't know whether it affects East Sussex
:(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi ya I've been trying to get my re-tests for the boods done & was told today that they can't fund them I live in West Sussex  :(

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hi Cherry Town,
Im in West Sussex too and have been having my treatment at the Bridge Centre, I too was told I couldn't have re-tests to check the figures are growing so I went to the Agora Centre in Hove.  The only charged £41 and were absolutely great.  I'd recommend it for peace of mind.
x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.