Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi me and my husband who are both 26 had been trying for 4yrs before i was diagnosed with pcos and scar tissue, i was put on chlomid for 6mnths which didnt work, i was then told the only oprion was ivf but we wouldb unable to have it funded by nhs as i have  a son of 9 from a previous relationship, but to wait till april as goverment guidlines would be changing. we did this only to be told there is no funding in the hampshire and isle of wight area!! so now im at so hurt and angry as we can not afford to go private i really do not know wot to do. does anyone have any advice please? thanx lana x

·
Registered
432 Posts
lana

Don;t know if this helps, but have you tried like an appeal process with the PCT - Primary Care Trust of your region. I too investigated trying to get NHS funding in Berkshire however me and my DH didn't meet the criteria, however I was informed that if I wanted I could request that my case be considered by the PCT committee who have the authority to overide the standard criteria. As it was I couldn't afford to wait for that so we have actually gone private. Best of luck janna

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek: thank you janna that does really help, as we just feel like we r at a dead end, every question asked or comment made just gets pushed aside and left as if we r nobodies but now i know wot to do it really does help, i mean anything is worth a try!! thanx lana

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have rang the pct this morning and they agree there isd no funding for nhs in my area but like you said i could go to the comitee. but they did say that the opnly way it would be relooked at was if it was the fault of the NHS!!! so looks like there really is no other way but to go privat. i honestly dont know how im going to afford it, me and my husband have even began arguing now over it, as we r both at our wits ends, i honestley do not know wot to do i so want another bay but it could mean the end of my marriage because of all the pressures!!!please ^help^ me, love lana xx

·
Registered
375 Posts
Lana,

Just a suggestion that you might like to consider,  have you looked into egg share.  We are currently going through all the preliminary tests to see if we can do it.

It means you share the eggs you produce 50/50 with another lady who cant produce her own,  but you get your IVF either free of very reduced.  At my place you just pay for your initial consultation.

Katie x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi katy, thanx, yes we have considered it, we looked into it through care, but i do not fit the criteria because of the pcos and i also hyave sickle cell trait :'(, im not sure if everywhere has the same criteria though, who are you with please? love lana x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.