Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Am new to this website but have found great comfort in reading some of your thoughts, comments and feelings.

I've just had my second go at IVF and am due to test Wed 20th July but have started to bleed this morning :'(.  Am trying to keep a brave face but it's difficult as I fear the worst. 

I've been with hubby for 7 years, been trying to conceive for 6, had 4 miscarriages and have got 1 failed IVF attempt behind me.  Was really wishing it might work this time.  Responded well to the drugs though, managed to get 18 eggs fertilised so have got 14 frosties.  Hopefully, there will be no need to use them.

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi Zig Zag

welcome to ff

sounds like you have had a rough time hun ^Cuddle^ the bleeding you are having, do you think it could be implantation bleeding ? wow 18 eggies and 14 frosties that is a brilliant responce, but as you say hopefully you wont need those frosties, i'll keep everything crossed for you

^fairydust^

pam xx

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hi Zig Zag,

I started to bleed on the second week of the 2ww, and told all my family that it hadn't worked, so was surprised on the Friday to get a positive test result.  So don't give up hope yet, the hospital said that I must of had some implantation bleeding and it stopped after 2 days. 

Unfortunately at the six week scan they couldn't find a heartbeat.  I found the 2ww for the six week scan more stressful than the 2ww and unfortunately my fears that something might be wrong was confirmed.

Anyway, hope this is of some help.

Shazznewman

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all,

My name is Marie-Catherine and I've been trying to have a baby for 5 years now. I have an immune problem (been on Heparin, Lovenox, Baby Apirin, had some IVIG Treatment done) as well as a thyroid issue.
Well, I had  my first IFV 8 days ago and I'm supposed to go for the blood test this coming Monday. I have to tell you (but of course you already know this), the 2 weeks of waiting are the worst and I really don't know what to think anymore : I did not have any bleeding so I'm worried that the implantation did not happen. Also I've been having some mild cramps but the nurse told me that it might be the results of my progesterone injections. Fortunately, the doctor was able to freeze 13 eggs but just like everyone who has done this before I really hope we won't be needing them!
I just wanted to say that it feels really reassuring and comforting to know that I'm not the only one going through these rough times.
Good luck to all the women who are trying and/or who are waiting for the positive outcome.
The important is to stay positive!
Best wishes to all of us!
Marie-Catherine

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
HI ZIGZAG

Just wanted to let you know that I know what you are going through, because I have been through it also.  Twice I have bled before my test date, so knew the answer.  Apparently it all depends on the colour of the blood as to whether it is a implantation bleed (brown) or a AF (red).

The other possibly sad thing is you have to continue with drugs as normal - just in case, and still do the test on Weds.

In view of your m/c and this possible failed IVF - maybe you should consider asking or pushing to take immune blood tests done.

Good luck, thinking of you at this difficult time - you will come through it.
Sue

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all,

Many thanks for your kind comments, it is really nice to have support as i'm the only one within my group of friends who has had trouble conceiving.  I don't think they realise the true extent of the emotional roller-coaster we have to go through. 

Thankfully, the bleeding only occurred Friday morning and have had nothing since - touch wood.

Will test as normal on Wednesday but can't help feeling so negative - will have to wait and see.  Will keep you posted.

Joanne

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great News.

Got a BFP this morning - haven't slept all night but done it at 4am as I couldn't wait any longer!  Am so pleased we have managed to get this far, another hurdle out the way!

The next nail biting 3 weeks until my first scan is another worry as all my miscarriages have occurred around 6 weeks - here's hoping and wishing.

Hubby said to try and not thinking about it too much but that's impossible as it's on your mind every second of the day (and night), as the ladies who have had treatment will know.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Congrats - that's excellent news, but as you know early days, so take it easy and rest as much as poss.  Don't do anything like carrying washing baskets, hoovering etc.  My clinic advised me to carry on as normal and no longer be regarded as "a special woman", so I did now torture myself that hoovering was too much.

If you do get a breakthrough bleed sit or lay down and put your legs up.

Fingers crossed that the 6 wks pass.  I agree it is impossible to forget about it.  I wanted to keep testing to be sure.  I think it is different for DH's as it is not them actually in the situation.

Take care and let him spoil you, make sure he does so he doesn't forget.

Sue

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS ZIGZAG​

Fantastic news hun, I agree with sue take things as easy as you can hun (if possible) try to relax as much as possible (hey!! it can't do any harm) hopefully the next 3 weeks will fly by.

good luck

pam xx

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Zig Zag, so glad that you got a positive result.  I know exactly what you mean about waiting for the scan, I found this the most difficult part of all the IVF waiting to see if everthing was ok.  Try not to worry, but I know you can't help it.

Hope all goes well for you.

Shazzernewman

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.