Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to anyone as frustrated as me! We have made the huge decision to go for ED in Spain. Ive early menopause and this is our only option. Its taken me a year to actually decide to go for it. Ive emailed a few clinics in Spain ..all the usual IM and a few of the IVI centres. Weve a house near Alicante and I know the area quite well..but more the shops and beaches! and it would be very handy for us to try the IVI in Alicante. I cant find any info on this site about it so I just thought Id ask anyone out there to see if theyve had any experince of it?? thanks x

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there

I have had very recent experience with this clinic! - and all good!

Made the decision in March to go to Alicante for ED (first ED after many failed treatments in UK and similar to you very frustrated!) and from the first appointment, through treatment they have been great.

They have 2 English speaking people (Lara and Maria Jose) in their International department who are your key people - they come to the consultations and deal with all your med plans, are at the end of the phone and even come to ET so that they can interpret if required!!!

Great modern facilities - and private rooms for rest after ET. All were very supportive and kind at ET as well which really helped the nerves (clearly didn't cure them!)

They have a rolling programme of donors and matched the characteristics required ( blue eyes) with minimal wait - first appointment in March , started meds at the beginning of next cycle, and completed ET  at end of May. The first donor had a poor response and therefore we could not progress but within 2 days they had found a new donor - not quite the same match on characteristics but I was happy to go ahead and have had a positive result first time with them and awaiting 6 week scan.

If there is one slight complaint it would be that they dont offer too much information or explanantion  on what is going on sometimes compared to my UK clinic - but that could be because I like to know all!!! They worked well with my clinic in London where I had scans and bloods, and sent prescriptions if required very promptly. Overall cost was about £7k which includes donor meds

Not been to Alicante before and loved it - in fact perfect place as it felt a bit like a holiday (a surreal one!!) - walking on beach before ET and having tapas afterwards.

Hope this is of help and if you need any more info just let me know

Hope all goes well for you

L x

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so very much for your reply..good luck to you ! All your info is very helpful...My consultant here said he would do all the relevant support with us and I'm quite like in that I want to know oo much too! Sometimes I think  the more ignorant you are the better though I can work like that! My consultant here is also checking out clinics for me but I'm really pleased that your experience has been such a good one..I'm going over at the end of June anyway so I'll hopefully make the appointment for around that time though I'v the Summer off work so I can go anytime..It;ll just be so handy when we can go back to our own bed after! Thanks again and I really hope everything works out for you x

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi Nina,

I have just had my fisrt appointment at IVI Alicante and have now started on my meds. I have to agree with LLL they are so very nice and the language was not a problem as there is someone with u (I had Maria Jose, who is a lovely approachable person and great English) There is a IVI cycle buddies board and all the ladies there are very friendly and I am sure can help with all ur questions.

Love Maz x

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Hi Nina, I know how you feel, it’s been a huge step for me and my DH too and its taken us two years of  soulsearching to get to this point. We had our first appt at IVI recently, and they were very very good, although it’s the IVIB that we’re attending.  The consultant at our local UK IVF clinic had suggested the IVI for DE for us, due to my age (and that was two years ago).  I  felt very comfortable and at ease at the consultation appointment, as they were so helpful and so professional.

Hope this helps a little.

Oranges x    :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts