Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1241 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Evening all,

It is absolutely freezing up here  ^cold^  Apparently reached a record -13 in Inverness last night & doesn't feel like it's warmed up much since!!

Scottie, have decided this time round that I ain't letting any negative thoughts way me down, unless I really have too!  Poor you with the sick feeling, sometimes you wonder if it's better to actually be sick, but then at least you know it's for a very good reason  ^hugme^  Bring on the indigestion then  ;D  Sending you loads of  ^reiki^ for your scan tomorrow x

Munkehella, totally agree about 2nd week been worse, it just seems to go past much slower?!  When's your OTD?  Can't remember if you said before or not?

little a, what's the latest with you?  I really, really feel for you been stuck in London but am so hoping you managed to get a flight home  ^hugme^

Teach, wow only 20 days to go til maternity leave, that's fantastic  :) :)  Can't believe it's come round so quickly  ^hugme^

Birch, being thinking about you all day &  ^pray^ you don't have much longer to wait to get those all important results.  I know you won't believe it til you have that  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ xxx

Gill, just texted you as couldn't believe it when I read your post!  Like you, I've been sleeping really well & last night I had the exact same as you, other than the hunger pains!!  Thought it was maybe all over but has given me a huge lift reading your post.  I'm starting to feel nervous for you, so can only imagine how you must be feeling, but it's all going to be absolutely fantastic  ^hugme^ ^hugme^  I'd say that chocolate & sticky buns sounds ideal & if you're having them, then so am I  ;D 

AFM, just same as yesterday really.  Had acupuncture this afternoon & she said my pulse seems to be changing towards pregnancy but could still be too early to say.  However, I'm taking all positive thoughts & using them  :)

Love & hugs to all

S
xx

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi Ladies

Littlea - hope you managed to get home, stress you don't need eh!

Sparrow - Yip indigestion sounds good and also your acu sounds positive about it being a positive too.  I think it's looking like a good Crimbo for you!

Birch - hope you get a great result today.  Don't worry about being late, I got caught in the M8 one day and was 2 hours late for the appointment and GCRM were fine about it.  Can't wait to hear your news xx

Teach - thanks for the info re the sickness, I might try crackers and cheese cos I'm having a bit of a fetish for cheese at the moment x  Just need to get DH geared up like yours to be my man servant!  Wow really though where has the time gone, can't believe you are about to finish up work, Geez life is whizzing by but bet you can't wait x

Gill and Munkhella - hope you are bearing up in the 2ww - it is hard isn't it but again like Birch and Sparrow all sounds really good and positive vibes.  Team IVI are all routing for you xx

VW - Hope you are doing ok too VW and lucky you missing all this bloomin snow!  Bring on Spring - please!

Hi to anyone I've missed x

·
Registered
614 Posts
Little a hope you made it home.... don't worry about how stressed you got, your embies are safe inside and doing their own thing...
Birch leaf...crossing fingers for a great result today!
Teach...how super smooth its been for you?! And 20 days to go... thats fantastic!!!
Gill, munkehalla and sparrow...good to hear you are all keeping well.... the most together group I have known!!!
Scottie, you sound good too...good luck with the next scan...surely you must have let it slip to someone already you are preggers?!!!

Me, just waiting for af...which is taking forever...as it always does when you want it. Lots of false alarms but if I don't start soon will miss the pre-christmas opportunity...christmas itself is up in the air as I can't book flights home to family until I know if we are going ahead...the family are like 'are you coming or not' errrr well the thing is ...." nope too difficult to explain!!! what will be will be.

By the way the I managed to get the last sperm result tests and am busy on other boards trying to get it decifered...but even in my knowledgeless way can see its pretty rubbish. So really hoping that is the reason for all the failed attempts so far...

La di da
vx

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi VW - at least you are getting somewhere with the sperm results.  It's always disappointing finding the problem but, it does give you a steer where to go and there are options for you so I hope you get the answers you need x  It is so difficult isn't it when you are getting treatment and trying to organise things - especially at this time of year too, it really is complicated at times eh?  I hope you do manage to get all sorted out and get a chance to see your family at Christmas though as that would be nice.

Would you believe I have told only 1 person in the world and believe it or not that was a survey guy!!!  We are part of some census government survey thingy where we are interviewed each year on various bits n bobs n the guy comes out every year and would you believe one of the questions was are you pregnant at the moment! So I answered YES! he couldn't believe he was the first to find out but my dad was due in so we had to tell him not to say a word to anyone - it was weird as anything.  He quietly wished me well as I was showing him out as dad had came in.  Oh I tell a lie, I had to tell my boss (although swore him to secrecy) as I needed time off for scan after the bleed and he and his partner are going through IVF so he was very sympathetic.  So YIP I have told 2 people when I think about it but really want to tell the family.  All being well tomorro  ^pray^  we will probably let it slip at the weekend.  Big day tomorrow to get through though.  I'm super cautious as you can tell  ::)

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
bookmarking!

we just got a bill for 340 euros for DHs sperm that was frozen to make EG 2 years ago, didn't know they'd kept it and we don't want it!!!! 640 euros for an extra year for the embrios EEEK!

Kay xxx

·
Registered
650 Posts
Wow Spaykay that's quite a bit isn't it!  I thought they used all the sperm and didn't realise that some was still stored.  I guess we'll be the same then too.  Do they just send you a bill?

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
yup...I was a bit shocked but I guess we signed for it. I just thought it had all been used up too! Ring and check. We don't want that sperm as have 2 frosties and are then giving up. Gawd....we only froze it coz it was tested and her was going out of the country so couldn't leave any for the embrio making bit! (can't remember the official name!) Am quite peed off at the price TBH. Don't mind about the embies as we want them, but the sperm is no use to us :(

Kay xxx

·
Registered
614 Posts
Scottie thats mad and almost unbeleivable!!! Theres gonnnnnnnna be tears from the family at the weekend!!!
Spraykay, wow thats expensive!!! vx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good evening IVI ladies

Hope everyone is safe & well

Little a - hope you made it home safely & you are chilling now

Scottie - good luck tomorrow it will be so lovely to see your wee beanies on the scan. Wishing you well & many tears of joy x x

Gill & Sparrow - all sounding good!!!!!!!!

Vw - hope the boards are helping you find some answers honey. Your af will arrive - try & relax - I know easier said than done as been there on the af wait pre treatment. I'd contact the clinic if you are getting concerned

Birch - hope all is good honey been thinking of you today

AFM - the heartburn never stops really intense - a small price to pay if it all works. OTD is 6th dec yikes - nearly there - just hoping & praying lots......

Thinking of you all & wishing everyone mega baby dust

Lots of love
xoxoxo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi to all,

Have been lurking in background reading all your stories. So many to catch up on. Have not really posted due to nothing happening for DH and myself yet. Need to wait till Af arrives before I can start Yasmin (contraceptive pill) to start our journey. Was at GCRM yesterday to have session with Isobella from 12.30 till 2.00 my DH thought that was a very long time. She managed to get him to talk a little so good on her!!! It is lovely to hear of so many DE being fertilised and hearing heartbeats at scans etc. Gives me some encouragement and raised my own hope and feel a little optimistic cause never feel like that. DH thinks my glass is always half full nearly empty but his glass is overflowing! Sorry rambling on..... will continue to read with anticipation on everyone's journey.

x

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all,

Got the call at 5.45 pm yesterday evening. BFP with a beta of 375. (Not sure what exactly that means). I can't even remotely explain what it was like. I was completely emotional and overwhelmed. After never ever getting a positive in my life, it was a very special moment. I feel shocked but so happy. I know it is early days and I don't want to junp the gun, but I am going to allow myself a couple of days ecstacy!!

I feel this is a good sign for all of us on this tortuous wait these weeks. Sorry for no personals - I am out of the office today so just have blackberry.

Scottie - good luck today.

Xxxxx Birch Leaf

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well done & congratulations Birch!!!! I kept looking last night on the thread
Absolutely delighted for you & enjoy the start of your well deserved beautiful journey!!!!

Lots of love xxx

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congratulations Birch - a positive result for you!! the literature states that any number is a good number and yours is high. The crucial part is that it soars away over coming week or so and you are home and dry. Enjoy your result as this is the start of wondeful and fulfillling journey xxxx

·
Registered
614 Posts
Tess68, it sounds like you are taking one step at a time and thats great your DH went to the session too...its all going in the right direction for you!
Birchleaf, thats a great starting number!!! How exciting for you, really thrilled!!! Enjoy the moment!!! vx

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Birch - That's brilliant news, well done.

I am waiting for the evil AF to arrive which is now 3 days late (have done a pee stick and its negative).  Has anyone had a late period after a hysteroscopy? 

Have managed to convince my GP to do all my blood tests that IVI Valencia want except the syphillis one and she she looked very strangely at me when I requested this.  Will IVI be able to do this one separately?

H

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hello Birch,
I am a lurker from the IB thread. Just wanted to say congratulations!
Hope all you other girls get your BFPs too.
x

·
Registered
690 Posts
Birchleaf, I a soooooooo happy for you.  Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy  ^hugme^

girls, I jsut wanted to say that we finally walked through our front door a couple of hours ago and I'll be back later to do personals.

xxx

·
Registered
408 Posts
Weyyhey Birch. Well done! ENJOY!!  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Very Glad you are finally home Little A! What a journey!

ElcF

·
Registered
329 Posts
;D Birch Leaf - Huge Congratulations! That's wonderful news!  :)  XX

1 - 20 of 1241 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.