Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls

I know you can't make my mind up for me, but I was just wondering what you would all do!

I've had 8 failed cycles (5 fresh cycles and 1 FET with my eggs, plus 2 donor egg cycles) all of which have been a BFN without even a whiff of a pregnancy  :'( I've been prescribed heparin (prothrombin gene mutation), aspirin, prednisolone (25mg for high NK cells) and progesterone in oil. I've recently been to see Dr Armstrong at the Portland to ask about IVIG and he agreed that I have a good case to try it due to my failures with just pred.

My next cycle is a FET and I'm wondering whether to try the IVIG this time but I'm unsure due to weighing up the cost of it plus the lower success rates with FET. Obviously I want to give each cycle the best chance but we've spent so much money so far and I really don't know whether it is better to keep the IVIG for when we do a fresh cycle?

I've not taken fish oils on previous cycles but I started them a couple of weeks ago so they will have been in my system just over a month when I have the FET. I've heard good things about them but I just don't know whether it will be enough.

I have 4 - Grade 1, 8 cell embies - which will be defrosted plus donated frozen embryos as a back-up so should have 4 good quality embryos to put back.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to make the decision, what you would do, etc!

Many thanks
Dee xx

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Hi Dee -

Can you get your NK cells tested prior to see the levels before making the decision?

Do keep up the fish oils. They can help alot. Maybe they will have lowered your NK cells to a good level.

Wishing you the very best -

Mayve

·
Registered
960 Posts
Dee - I had IVIG after my BFP on my FET.. I was told just to test early as my consultant didn't want me to pay for ivig before transfer incase I had none defrost. I was also taking fish oils, 25mg pred and 20mg Clexane... as you will see below it worked for me.. Good luck and let us know how you get on...

Lexi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts