Stockportsun 28 Jan
sussexgirl
LouKIZ 2 Feb

Loads of luck everyone.......hope theres lots of 2005 BFPs ^daisy^

Lizzy xxxx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just popped in to say good luck for everyone testing - let's hope the start to this New Year is a good one for everyone.

^fairydust^  ^fairydust^

Lots of love and babydust,
Hannah xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Can I join you,
I am now on my 2ww after my first cycle of Clomid.
I am dreading the waiting but we have all got to go through it.
Congratulations to all the BFP and sorry to the ones with BFN, hopefully this new year will be ours.
Good luck to everyone.
Happy New Year
Lisa ;D

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hi all,

Just to keep you updated, I tested negative on both 29th and 30th, but there was still no sign of AF and my premenstrual symptoms that had been so strong had disappeared after boxing day. Another woman was going through the same thing and her clinic advised her to test every three days until AF arrived or she got a positive, so I decided to do the same. I tested again this morning and it was another BFN. I'm now at least four days late for my period. In some ways I feel I have to assume this is a definite BFN now, but part of me can't help but think it might just still turn into a BFP.

One of my friends emailed me last night to tell me about one of the women he knows who kept testing negative until twelve days after her period was due. I guess I just have to keep waiting, testing and hoping. It's my birthday on saturday so maybe I'll get a birthday suprise of a BFP. I can live in hope.

Sending best wishes to everyone,

Gina.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Good luck Gina
Its true i know of others who have not tested +++ till 2 weeks after period due.  So fingers crossed for you both!

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Just wanted to pop by and wish you ladies a happy new year.  I hope it's good to you and brings you the BFP you so deserve.

Love

Jayne x  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks tons for the good luck wishes. :)

Another little update from this end - I'm still waiting. No sign of AF, no symptoms of anything and we're due to test, again, tomorrow morning by which time I'll be a week late for AF. I'm hoping against hope it might turn into a BFP.

I'm back at work today so must try not to let myself get too distracted by this. I thought we'd know by now. Hopefully we'll know soon.

Best wishes to everyone,

Gina.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I know i'm testing way too early, but i used Acon ultra early test twice this morning and got a very faint  ^reiki^

I'm trying not to get too excited as i now it is far too early, but i can't help thinking that a line is a line  :-\

Helen xx

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Good Luck Gina!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi Helen

I too used the Acon tests, and got faint lines, i also used first response ones too, and the line was a little darker, i know this may sund really strange, but if you take the acon tests apart (i.e taking the lid off) you can see the line better.

i would say you've done it congratulations, i worried that it may still be, hcg trigger in system so tested everyday, cos i bought 40 of them  ;D

take care of yourself
love
bitbit
xxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Gina,

I read today that some people test negative for a couple of weeks after af is due until they get a  ^reiki^ - here's hoping for you!

^fairydust^

^noAF2^

Luv Helen x

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
hehe bitbit, i've got about 21 tests left so i'll be busy in the next few days.

Congrats on your BFP and hope all goes well for the scan ;D

Luv Helen x

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hi all,

^congrats^ Helen - sounds good to me. Let us know how those lines fare over the next few days won't you. :)

And thanks for the info about not testing positive until 2+ weeks late. Can you remember where you read it? I've now been told by a number of women that this has happened to them or to friends of theirs, but I've been unable to find any medical info or definite studies. I want to try and find out why this happens, in case it is happening to me. I'm guessing that it means the HCG levels are too low to be detected but do low HCG levels in early pregnancy indicate anything else, like more likelihood of ectopic pregnancies for example. I'm probably worrying over nothing but I'd like to find out more if I can.

Thanks for the good luck wishes Wisbabe. :)

Gina.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi Gina

I am lucky to have dd who is nearly 5 years old, i missed my period and tested and it was neg, i kept getting neg until i was what i thought was 8 weeks pregnant, everyone kept telling me it was stress and i wasnt pregnant it was just the stress delaying my period, i eventually went to my doctors who then told me was actually 12 weeks pregnant, so low hcg obviously doesnt mean eptopic pregnancy, i just obviously had really low hcg.

good luck and take care
love
bitbit
xxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for that Bitbit. In some ways that's really heartening. In others, the prospect of having to wait another six weeks for a definite answer is horrendous. I really hope we get an answer before then.

We tested again this morning, at a week after AF was due and it was yet another BFN. In the night I'd dreamt we got a BFP too, but by the time I woke up and headed for the loo I was pretty sure we were going to get another BFN. Maybe I really don't think I can be pregnant. I don't know. I'm hoping and hoping but at this point in time am feeling as though it has to be my body playing up again. I have no pregnancy symptoms at all, apart from larger breasts, but that could just be a result of the christmas pig outs. They're not tender, well only a tiny bit if I give them a squeeze, but I don't think that counts.

I called the doctor this morning and was told to wait until next week when AF will be 2 weeks late and if she's still not here and still no BFP they'll do a blood test. Part of me wonders at the usefulness of this. If there's not enough HCG in the system for a urine test, then isn't there a good chance there might not be enough for a blood test? I know they're a bit more sensitive, but not by much. I don't know.

I'm struggling to cope with it a bit now. My concentration is shot and I'm being next to useless at work. We're going on holiday to Athens for a week on the 15th which will be lovely but if we still don't have an answer by then I hope I can let go enough to enjoy myself. It should be a distraction at least.

Sending best wishes to everyone else, and apologies for rambling. I'm being a bit like a stuck record at the moment.

Gina.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Hope you're feeling a bit better Gina,

You're not rambling at all, we all understand your frustration, most of us have probably been through it at some point.

If it's any consolation i didn't have any symptoms with my little girl, i had a few days of queasiness around the time AF was due (but i was on a training course with an alcoholic and she was giving off fumes, so no wonder). Apart from that nothing, i was starting to wonder if i really was preggers. I spent 4 years ttc her and every month i thought i had this symptom and that, the month i didn't think i had any was the month i was (and i tested 3 days after AF was due which was unheard of for me, i usually do 9dpo  ^evil^ )

Keep your chin up  ^hugme^

I'll pm you a couple of websites i found (although they're not really very helpful) and when i get a minute i'll have a look through some of the medical journals on uni website.

Luv Helen xx

ps Hope everyone else is ok too! i'm supposed to be revising for exams but can't muster up the energy (or enthusiasm)  :-\ ??? :eek: :mad:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Thanks Helen, that's really good of you. :) It's very much appreciated.

Sending many best wishes your way and I hope the girl from your uni is found safe and well.

Gina.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hi girls,

How is everyone doing today?

Well, as time goes on I'm gradually feeling more and more inclined to think I might actually be pregnant after all. For the last week or so I've had niggly pains around where I think my ovaries are - kind of like ovulation pain, a bit like a stitch. I read on another thread here yeaterday evening that lots of women experience this in early pregnancy.

I also started to feel very nauseuos this morning as I drove to work. I almost had to pull over it came on that strong, and I rarely experience nausea at all. It's still with me, although not as bad as it was. I hope it goes away in the next hour or so or I might be doing without lunch. I could of course have picked up one of the many bugs that is doing the rounds, so I'll try not to pin too much hope onto it until it's clear it's not going to develop into anything else, but I can't help but think it might be a sign. If I am pregnanct I'd be 5 weeks + 1 today.

I've found a study that seems to indicate that the first response early pregnancy tests are the most accurate and sensitive. I've been using the standard Acon ones so I think I might pick up some first responses to use between now and Monday when I'm off to the docs for that blood test.

Thanks for tolerating my endless rambling folks. Sending the best of wishes to all of you.

Gina.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.