Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey everyone

I would also like to join this group. I just kicked off my second fresh IVF cycle today. My first one was in November and ended in a very early chemical pregnancy. We had 3 blasts to freeze which we were thrilled with, since we were expecting the worst with my AMH being < 1. We decided to save them for later and rather do another fresh cycle while I'm still as young as I'm ever going to be  :).

I'm on a short cycle so hoping the next 2 weeks fly by as I really hate injecting myself with the massive drug dosages I need. Are any of you on a short antagonist cycle?

Good Luck to us all!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi All
Gem I wrote a reply to you and thought I’d sent it but it vanished into cyberspace.  How did your mock transfer go?
Saltysea, very impressed that you’re putting yourself through another fresh cycle.  Hope these injection weeks pass quickly got you.
Xx

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi guys

Thought I’d drop by to see how things are going for everyone.

Saltysea - Welcome and I hope the injections are going smoothly.
Gemma - I Hope mock transfer went well. I think it’s good they do a practice run, although I’d not heard of it before.
Daisey - I don’t seem to get notifications either, your not alone!
Kelly- do they let you choose about how many to put back? That’s really interesting. I was originally looking at going straight to ivf (before deciding to do a medicated iui package first) and my clinic has a policy of only one embryo at a time.
Lady Catkins - I ended up having to tell work. I have a completely well managed lifelong medical condition that I’m able to
Live a normal life with, but when not well managed can be quite a big deal and result in hospital. Work know this as before it was diagnosed I collapsed and ended up in hospital a few times. Anyway I worried if I didn’t tell them why I was needing time off at short notice they’d think I was ill again, therefore told the management team once I knew it was happening. So far they’ve been great. I hope it continues.... it’s tough with all the appointments though. I’m offering to go in on my day off during half term to make up my hours.
Tinx/simz- I hope everything is going well, keep us posted.
Sorry if I missed anybody....

I finished my northisterone just before new year, AF came along and I had my baseline scan on Monday. My first monitoring scan was today and apparently things are developing as they should be follicle wise. This came as a surprise to me. My AMH is 85 so there was a concern of OHSS therefore my doses are really low, and I was fully prepared to see nothing today. Have been injecting gonal-f and Buserelin. Anyone else find the buserelin itchy as all hell? The gonal-f I hardly notice but I definitely notice buserelin going in. Anyway, next scan is Monday. They’re hoping I’ll be ready for treatment a week today. Fingers crossed....

Xx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi all

Thanks Daisy. Is having a frozen transfer a lot easier than doing a fresh cycle? How many scans and meds do you need? Since it worked for you last time, it's a really good sign that your chances are good.

Tickety-boo, I remember for me the Certrotide really caused an itchy blotch, but just locally and only for an hour or so while Gonal-F and Menopur didn't. Great that things are developing even with low doses - cheaper, less side effects for you and can definitely not be affecting the eggs negatively!

AFM, having some heavy headaches just like last time, but they go away with some paracetamol and drinking lots of water. I suppose some side effect is to be expected with this kind of dose - I'm on 450 units of Menopur a day! Last time they became much less and went away after a few days, so I'm hoping that is the case again and I'm glad I have a bit of a long weekend to relax at home and drink like a fish.

^bigbad^ xx

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Ladies,

I will be doing a long protocal this time. So far I have done two short / antagonist. A bit nervous about it, and how long it takes ! Anyone have any tips on what I should expect.

Also, another question please, been asked to choose between nasal spray and injection - any opinions please? I am thinking injections just because we are used them

Hope everyone is going well so far x

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi ladies.

All went well at the clinic. Mock transfer went well. I'm doing a short protocol so no down regulations for me. I'm still currently on Norethisterone. Need to stop taking it next Wednesday then wait for my period then start the stimm injections on day 2. So it's all going to happen very quickly. 

Daisy - how are you doing? Strange the message didn't send. Don't think this website is that great. Be easier all of us on a group chat of some sort.

Tickets-boo - how long did it take for you period to come after Norethisterone?

Hello to everyone else and welcome new ladies xxxx

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Gang
Funny How you can feel so excited about getting messages from a group of people you’ve never met and have only messaged a couple of times.
Tickety Boo- Hope scan Mon goes well.
Salty Sea really hope the headaches are easing.
Simz- did you go for injections or nasal spray?
Gem- pleased your scan went well :)
(How would we swap details to set up group- I wouldn’t want my phone number on this site)

Saltysea to answer your question about FEF
For me, mega easy so far.  Worlds away from all the injections, down regging, egg collection fresh transfer etc etc
So I’m doing a natural cycle. So I had to ring clinic on day 1 of my period. Then on day 8 they scanned my lining to check it was thickening nicely.  What SHOULD have happened was that I then tested for ovulation with urine sticks over next week and either had natural ovulation or had a trigger injection. What actually happened was that I had abnormally short cycle and I was about to ovulate at my scan so they did trigger injection there and then. So now I’ve got progesterone pessaries for 2 weeks and embryo transfer on Fri
So due to my crazy short cycle it will be only 15 days from ringing clinic to say my period had started to having embryo transfer- and only one injection
Just the trigger.
In a strange sort of way, although the fresh cycle process was a nightmare and so long, this I feel has just happened too quickly and I’m not ready. I haven’t even started eating more healthily (my diet isn’t awful but always room for improvement)
Loads of love to you all
Xxx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey everyone

I know exactly what you mean Daisy, it's so nice to see someone has updated and/or replied on the forum. Thank you so much for answering regarding the fresh transfer - it's so good to know it is much less of a hassle than a fresh transfer, in the case I need to go back for the frozen ones. I'm sure you will feel ready by Friday, especially if you squeeze in some salads and vegetables between now and then. I must admit, I really didn't worry about diet between the egg collection and embryo transfer last time, even had some alcohol too - I don't see how it can affect things if the egg isn't even inside you yet.

Gemma, nice to see someone else is on the short protocol. I'm really grateful I am, I like to get this bit over with as quick as possible

Simz, I only have experience with short protocol but I think it's great they are trying something else if it hasn't worked for you twice. I would probably pick nasal spray, there are enough injections and needles in this whole process, as is. But if they are giving you the choice, it probably really doesn't make a difference, pick the one that causes you less stress and worry.

AFM, my headaches departed after the first 2 days which has been fabulous news. Even managed a run yesterday and a gym class today which helps my psyche a lot. Had my second scan today and there are 5 follicles that all seem to be growing, which is great for me with my terrible AMH, so I'm feeling positive about surviving this cycle. My husband and I agreed we would do 3 cycles and then move on to ED if they don't work, so I am also just happy to tick the cycles of my list and if I end up pregnant somewhere in between, that's a bonus.

All the best for the coming week, ladies

·
Registered
111 Posts
SaltySea
Yeyyyyy to less headaches.
Hopefully you won’t need a FET.
I’m going with your theory. My embryo is safe in a freezer somewhere so I’m going to continue to eat normally and finish up my Christmas chocolates until it’s back inside me!
Xxxx

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hello all, I hope I can join you.  I'm scheduled to have fet on 31st January.  It's been a bit of a last minute decision to try again this month hence only joining now.

I am fortunate to have a 16 month DS from my last cycle.  I've 3 blasts on ice so hopefully we can have a 2nd miracle.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

X

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi ladies

How are we all??

Well this evening will be my last Norethisterone tablet. Thank god. Makes me bloated to hell and feel sick. Then just have to wait for period to come. Then I can start on my stimm injections on day 2.
Ekkk exciting
xxx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome Tarapt, sounds like you had  very good cycle last time so hope the frozen ones are as good quality as the living one :)

Glad things are progressing for you Gemma, once the stimms start, things really go quickly.

I had another scan yesterday which showed good growth and still have 4 follicles in the running. A little stressed, they are growing too fast and I will have to trigger before Sunday since I have 3 night shifts coming this weekend and it's almost impossible to find a replacement at short notice on weekends and I still need to fly to the clinic. So, holding thumbs, they grow but not too much - nope, I'm not asking for much at all :).

Btw, do all of you manage to organise scans on weekends or are some of your clinics closed? Surely a day later can't make that much difference?...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Gemma- I normally use provera to induce a period and that is always exactly 1 week after the last tablet for me. This cycle they switched me to northisterone and it was 4 days. It really caught me out!
Salty - my clinic is open for treatments at the weekend but they don’t seem to scan. They favour a Friday and then Monday approach...

Sorry it’s been a while since I posted, this week has been upsetting. Went for my scan Monday and my nice follicles had freaking shrunk. I was gutted. On Friday I had been prepared for a disappointing scan, expecting it even, but after such a promising start I’d felt more optimistic. Anyway they increased my dose of Gonal f and scanned me again Wednesday. The follicles shrunk further. There was nothing even worth measuring.

So my cycle was cancelled and I went back to work. This is my second cancelled cycle (last time because I had dodgy lining). It’s hard, all this effort and I’ve never even got to POAS.

Consultant has decided to increase my starting dose significantly next time, and to scan me earlier/monitor closely to try and protect from OHSS, or indeed the great follicle shrink occurring again. And I’m going to take northisterone again to bring on my period, so hopefully I’ll be starting again in a couple of weeks. I’ll start the northisterone Monday.

Today I’m not working so to hell with it, I’m having wine with my lunch.

Hope everyone else is pottering along nicely.
Xx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Awww, Tickety-boo, that is so frustrating. None of this is easy. Definitely, have that wine! For my first cycle there was also not much growth in the first week and then it improved a lot after increasing the dose. For this cycle we started off with the higher dose and the growth was good from the beginning, so I really do think it's a question of how much. And, if they are worried about OHSS in your case, then they are probably being extra conservative at the beginning. I'm sure next time will be much better, really!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks Salty. Your words are encouraging. The last 48 hours have been a bit of a rollercoaster. Wednesday I had the cancelled cycle. Thursday (shortly after posting here) my period came. I was baffled, I don’t have regular periods and the cancelled cycle had come off the back of northisterone. Also while I was bleeding, it was super light. I almost didn’t call the clinic because I thought it probably didn’t count, but then I figured what do I know so gave them a call. They booked me for a scan today. I obviously was expecting them to say the scan suggested we shouldn’t start straight away, but apparently my lining is thin and my ovaries look good to go. I start injections again tonight. They’re using ovaleap this time, which seems to be the same as Gonal-f but made by a different company. And the starting dose is much higher. The buserelin dose has stayed the same.

I feel a bit shell shocked. I thought I’d have a couple of weeks to rest/recover/do normal life/my job without constantly having to leave to go to scans. I had a migraine this morning as well which I think is just a hormonal/tiredness issue - my major triggers are not enough sleep or my period so obviously today was a perfect storm. I was almost looking forward to the break. But if my body wants to do this now then I’ve got to go with it. The last two cancelled cycles mean I think I just have to buckle up and get going.

·
Registered
248 Posts
How are we all ladies.

Well my period has arrived today. So I start my stimm injections tomorrow evening. Then my first scan is next Monday xx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Can I join this group too? We have been on a journey with secondary infertility since 2017 when I had an early miscarriage after conceiving naturally.  After a long deliberation on IVF or no ivf for a second child, we had first fresh ICSI cycle in Nov/Dec 2018 which failed followed by a FET in Mar 2019 which also failed sadly...

We are now waiting to start a short protocol ICSI treatment in Feb at Lister awaiting recommendation from Dr Ramsay for my other half as he thinks it most likely a male factor issue with us.

Not sure if there is anyone here with Lister but it will be good to be part of conversations around this in the coming weeks to stay sane through the treatment.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi ladies. Hope im ok to join. Im on day 3 of stimms on what will be my last ever try (something im finding hard to cope with). I have an amazing 3.5 year old girl.
Its all been a bit of a stress so far as my period came a week early and im egg sharing with no down regulation so its been a manic few days. Looking forward to diving on and do a bit of back reading of your journeys so far to catch up

·
Registered
248 Posts
Welcome TTC and bobin.

TTC - sorry to hear about your previous IVF cycles. I'm first cycle was unsuccessful, we had 2 frozen embryos left, FET transferred both and along came my little boy. He's now 2 and half. We had a ivf cycle a year ago aboard. Was a complete nightmare. Wouldn't go abroad again. This time we are having a fresh cycle at my original clinic where my little Finn was created. I've not heard Lister mentioned on this Group.

Bobbin. How your feeling on your stimms? I start my first one tonight at 8am!! This is our last shot as well so I know how you feel.

My updates - well today it day 2 of my period. I had to come home from work from the period pains. I normally suffer from bad period but this was on another level. Putting it down to the norethisterone tablet I was on to stop my period coming. I'm still in agony now. Taken some strong pain killers. Hoping it's better tomorrow.

Tonight is my first stimm injection. At 8pm. Ekkk.

Xxx

21 - 40 of 211 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.