Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 330 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new thread for all you ladies having treatment in January/ February 2021

Please read the FAQ here: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=209838.0

^goodluck^

Happy Chatting ^gossip^

^fairydust^

[csv=]
Name , Treatment , Stimming , EC , ET , Test Date , Outcome

[/csv]

^hugme^ Honorary Members ^hugme^

If you want to be added please let me know :)

Sharry xx

^fairydust^

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’ll be the first to write ladies. I had 1 failed ivf cycle last February bfn. 1 fet in September early miscarriage. ☹ And I am now embarking on ivf 3rd cycle. It’s gna b a fresh one. Got all my dates yesterday, Scratch is due 5th jan, egg collection 25th jan. and injections in between. Let’s hope 2021 is a better year for us all!! good luck everyone look forward to cycling with you 🥰😘

·
Registered
177 Posts
After being bumped last month (thanks covid) hopefully it's this month - cycling abroad, cycle 5 differing approach for me this time, we're doing some freeze cycles, then down regging for a couple of months before doing transfers. I'll be starting stims the beginning of Jan, going for collection around the 20th, providing covid doesn't spanner it AGAIN!

AFM - Long fertility history, 12 pregnancies 4 births (ex husband) all except one needing some help, clomid etc. Child 1 4xm/c child 2, 2x m/c child 3, surprise 4. (6m/c at this point)

IVF - TTC this one for coming up 7 years or there abouts. 4 rounds of IVF - 1 BFN, 2 BFP - septic m/c at 8 weeks, 3 BFN (crappest round ever), 4 BFP - M/C at 7 weeks 5 days then sepsis 4 days later. Such a joy! (now up to 8m/c)

Adeno, Endo, PCOS, adhesions, possible fibroids - adeno so far advanced MRI had some high frequency spots of adenomyomas too.

Had PRP done in September, will see if it makes a difference in the next cycle - 44 this month. Hormone profile is still fine, would just like a bit more quality for a few extra blasts!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh god u have really been through it we are doing ivf for our first baby and have been trying naturally for 5 years before it. I have pcos and only one tube we make good quality embryos but they just aren’t sticking properly ☹ Looks like we are stimming around the same time. Here if u need a rant or chat or anything  xxx

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Emz and Blodyn (we were on the nov thread together).

I’m heading for my 8th round in the new year (7 fresh and 1 fet) but nearly half of these cycles have been cancelled due to poor response. I have low egg reserve and don’t make many eggs so have only managed 4 embryos in total.

My last fet was cancelled due to thin lining and the recommendation I should have a hysteroscopy for scarring (have a previous pregnancy which resulted in emergency section). So had that and it was all clear. So will start mid jan on estrogen tablets, patches and pessaries (I feel sorry for my OH my mood swings are terrible on estrogen!). I have also been told I will take baby aspirin to try and thicken up the lining.

Nice to have some people going through this at a similar time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
And in a triumph of optimism over experience.... here I go again! Can I join?  FET booked for W/c February 8th.

Hi emz, I don’t think we’ve cycled together before, but I could be wrong. Nice to meet you. Blodyn/mouse - nice (but obviously not nice because of the situation) to see/read you both again. I did follow the November/December group for a bit after I left and was sorry to hear about your cancelled cycles. I kept meaning to post and say so but a combination of illness, my own disappointment and frankly my very hectic job made forming sentences sort of difficult.

Background: started down this road in 2018. A lot of waiting on an nhs waiting list to have endometrial polyps removed- eventually done in September 2019. Diagnosed with pcos, hypothyroidism. Take metformin and thyroxine now. Initially tried medicated iui as my main problem is I just don’t ovulate, I don’t have natural cycles at all really and never have done. Even when I was slim/fit 18 year old I had a period maybe twice a year. First cycle cancelled because my lining was too thick. Second cancelled because I didn’t respond. Third went all the way, got pregnant February 2020 - ectopic. Ruptured at 8 weeks, lost my left tube. Lockdown etc. Started first ivf October 2020, clinic couldn’t get me in before then. They were unable to access my left ovary (they suspect due to scar tissue left behind from the ectopic) so were only able to get eggs from the right (I hate knowing the ones on the left were wasted). Anyway, developed severe OHSS and admitted to hospital 4 days post egg collection. Only an inpatient for a couple of days but I’ve been having to go in every week since discharge for bloods/weight/measurement and occasional scans. Finally discharged properly yesterday as everything back to normal. Embryos were frozen - never got to try a fresh transfer because I was too sick.

So now I’m getting ready for a frozen transfer in February. I’m told I have two top grade blasts. One hatching. I have migraine with aura so there was a concern about giving me too much exogenous oestrogen therefore they’re planning on transferring on a short cycle. I basically use northisterone to bring on a period in January then have a scan. Use suprecur/oestrogen (lower doses than would otherwise be needed because I didn’t down regulate before hand) and transfer about day 14. Assuming it thaws ok it will be a single embryo transfer. I’m told statistically that’s the best option in my age group.

Until then I guess the plan is to enjoy Christmas. Oh and probably move house - date for this yet to be confirmed but I’m hoping it’s before transfer.

Xx

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey guys!!

Recognise a few names from the previous threads. Hoping to cycle again in jan/feb. Have a review on the 21st about our last cycle which was a BFN.

Just don’t understand why our blooming embryos won’t stick :( x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone,
we've just been booked in to start on the 23rd or 24th of January - round one and trying to conceive our first! We're with ABC IVF and my other half had a TESE yesterday to extract sperm due to non-obstructive azoospermia so we'll be having ICSI. We got enough for 2 rounds so hoping he doesn't have to go through that again! Good luck to all :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi everyone,

I’ve been a lurker on here for years. Feels good to FINALLY be gearing up to go. I will be doing a frozen embryo transfer of donor embryos in Portugal. I’m scheduled to transfer 2 embryos on 29th January - around day 22 of meds. It’s my first transfer ever so it’s all nervous excitement at the moment. I’m anxious to just have it done as with COVID, there’s no telling from one day to the next what will happen. Right now, I have this horrid fear that flights will be canceled last minute.

I’m sorry to hear of those of you who’ve had long difficult journeys so far, may 2021 bring you joy at last. For those on round 1, I wish you all the best as well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am finally HOPEFULLY starting FET cycle when my period arrives very early Jan. I was last on boards in Nov/December 19 for a final fresh IVF for which I tested negative on Xmas day. I have 2 blasts frozen from this cycle. I did 3 freeze all cycles when I was 34/5 and have about 24 2pn embryos waiting to be defrosted and grown to see what I have to transfer. I am undecided as to whether we will use aneuploidy?? tests but have been told I can decide at the time.

I am very very nervous as I was going to to one more fresh cycle in Feb/March but covid put an end to this. So, I can't afford to keep going with my own eggs. I have decided if all my 2pns don't result in a pregnancy then I will save for donor egg. This has been a 15 year journey for me and my partner and many treatments etc so I hope hope hope this might be our time.

Since my last cycle a year ago, I have turned 40, started a new job in September,  and have struggled with some health issues that looked like MS. This was very stressful but it was ruled out with MRI and neurologist, but rheumatologist tests  are pointing to antiphosoplipid syndrome - APS (can look like MS but I also get frequent migraines which can be a symptom of APS). So, I have to take aspirin and heparin this cycle. I hope that all the meds don't make my migraines too unbearable.

I see a few familiar names from Nov/December - hello all :)

Hope everyone is planning something nice and relaxing for the Xmas period.

XXX B

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi everyone, can I join in too, booked in for fresh cycle w/c 8th Feb, first scan 26th Jan. This is our final try for a sibling for our daughters, we are so incredibly lucky, have been trying again for the last 3 years, 11th cycle and definitely the last. Last BFN was September. Drugs arriving on Wednesday, just Buserelin, Menopur, Ovitrelle and Cyclogest. Are many people going to be on Clexane? Also, are lots prescribed baby aspirin?

Scared and excited about jumping on the rollercoaster again, hope we can all support each other xx

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi, hope 2021 brings us all our heart desires. ❤❤❤
Hope I’m not too far down my cycle to join in on this months buddy support. But can anyone help as I could do with some. ❤

I’m back on the IVF train again, 6th or 7th time - but whose counting at this stage! 😩 I do have to count myself lucky as I know for many here on FF, Covid has scuppered so many plans. This cycle was delayed for over a year as a result. But Ive gone for it.
I did my FET 10 days ago, a whopping 4 frozen embryos transferred, I was surprised when the clinic suggested it, but it seemed to make sense given my age & record. so you’d think at least one should stick !

I had a HCG yesterday after ten days it was so low 0.1!  So it came back negative. But I haven’t had a period or anything.  🤔

Going back to clink tomorrow for another test.

Do you think the test could simply be too early? Has anyone had experience of a really low HCG such as this on first test, then went onto BFP?

I’m remaining optimistic until AF arrives but any advice would be welcome.  ❤

X

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tiger Smiles,
I’m so sorry to hear about everything you’ve been through - that’s a lot for someone to face. I personally haven’t heard of such a low HCG turning positive BUT where I have seen low rising HCG values, it’s been because there were two embryos transferred and one was a vanishing twin. Since you transferred 4, it might be that some/one implanted later, so might show up later. However, it can also be that hormones are just all over the place and so your period has delayed. I’d totally retest in a few days if period hasn’t come. Again, so sorry you’re going through this.

Dusky7, I am personally taking baby aspirin but it’s not prescribed. I’m just desperate to give it my best shot and none of my doctors have a clue about it. It’s definitely best to get it prescribed but it seems lots of people do take it even without it being prescribed and do well on it. Just talk to your doctor if you think it might help. I’m not on clexane. So sorry to hear this is your 11th cycle, keeping my fingers crossed that this is it for you.

No update on my end, just waiting to start meds for my FET on the 8th.

Good luck to us all!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi! Just dropping in to say hello as I’m now on the rollercoaster towards our final FET transfer of the last embryo we have in freezer. Our last ever cycle. I have a long history of recurrent miscarriage and one miracle daughter. This is IVF cycle number 7 for us. I’m also having Reproductive Immunology treatment so will be on a lot of different drugs, treatments and extensive vitamin protocol as we go through this cycle (kitchen sink!).

Wishing you all hope and positivity as you journey your cycles too x

·
Registered
93 Posts
WobblyTulip,

So sad to hear your journey but hopefully the kitchen sink approach makes this the little embryo that could.

Sending you all the baby dust!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Aisling,
Thanks for your post and your understanding as I have seen you’ve also been on a journey too.🤗

I am doing OK and hopeful for tomorrow, we just have to wait and see what happens I guess.🤞🏼

The strange thing is, I am so in tune with my body that I can feel when I ovulate - well the signs at least. So it feels like I have ovulated, which means I technically should have had my period so I just have to see what tomorrow brings.
How are you  getting on?

Dusky7, how are you? On the baby aspirin front, the clinic I am at has prescribed me one aspirin a day, since FET, in addition to vaginal oestrogen to help with the thickness of the lining if I am correct an also a daily clean injection to prevent blood clotting and also a daily Prolotex progesterone injection for the lining of the endometrium to help the embies stick. That is in addition to one 5mg folic acid tablet a day. Hope that helps. 💛

Hi Wobbly tulip and everyone else on here too x How are you getting on?When all your FET be?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Tiger Smiles - thanks for the welcome. Sorry to hear you’ve also been on a long journey of IVFs too iver the years. Will be thinking of you as you do your second HCG draw. I just started HRT today after being on an extended DR protocol. Hoping to get to transfer end Jan

Hi Aisling - thanks for your good wishes, yes it’s been an arduous journey over the years and heartbreaking to lose my babies, but I’m holding out hope for another miracle, and if it’s not to be then closure after so many treatments. How are you doing? Where are you in this cycle?

How’s everyone else getting on?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks sweetie!

Currently lying flat on my back after inserting yet another pessary!
We lived in hope ❤ let’s see what tomorrow brings xx

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just popping on to say hello to everyone. You’ve all been through so much and are super strong and amazing ladies.

I will be starting cycle no 8 my first fet when my period starts towards the end of jan. I will be on estrogen pessaries, tablets and patches as my lining didn’t thicken well at the last attempt. My poor partner is going to have a rough ride with my raging hormones!

Lots of luck and glad to be sharing this journey.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi everyone, how are you all?

How are you doing Tiger Smiles?

I have just emailed consultant asking if I can be prescribed Clexane and baby aspirin, I think I know what he will reply but got to try...

Baby dust to you all, let’s hope 2021 is our year 🤞 x

1 - 20 of 330 Posts