Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

241 - 260 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
How’s everyone getting on?

4dp5t and starting to go a little nuts! I had really sore breasts for a few days post transfer but that’s now gone and was likely due to the progesterone.

I was due to have my second covid vaccine today and on the advice of the clinic I cancelled it. But feeling frustrated that this cycle probably hasn’t worked and then I have missed my vaccine too. Arghhh the 2ww sucks! I’m on leave this week too as I had so much to use up before the end of March and didn’t want to loose it but think I’m going to be driving myself crazy at home!

Sorry for the rant! Hope everyone else is doing ok.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi ladies

Hope you all had a lovely weekend?

Elouise - Welcome. Hope your transfer goes well today
Fifey - hope your doing okay. Thinking of you
Beth - welcome. How are you coping with the 2ww? have you managed to resist the urge to test early?
Tickety boo - how was your test for your OTD? still a strong positive i hope
Mouse - That's rubbish you've missed out on your vaccine but hopefully it turns out that you've done it for the right reason. Hope you manage to keep your self busy. Its even harder when you don't have work to keep you busy

Afm - Thank you so much for all your good luck messages. Going stir crazy already. Been feeling really tired and yucky over the weekend which of course filled me with hope even though theres no chance i could be feeling anything yet anyways. Googling every little niggle and symptom. Gosh it doesn't half mess with your head this 2ww.
Hope every one has a good day. Love and baby dust to you all xx

·
Registered
47 Posts
LeanneR- I'm in the same boat. Should be working but instead googling every forum about symptoms! Currently 6DP5DT, definitely not testing yet bc I would hate to get a negative and still have to continue with the medication for another few days just in case. I plan to test Friday which will be 10DPT. I already don't feel optimistic bc I had brown spotting a few days ago which happens with nearly all of my cycles. Ive been pregnant twice and can't recall it happening with either one :(. Still trying to stay hopeful though. I don't get strong pregnancy symptoms so I really won't know until a test tells me. With my son, I was 6 weeks pregnant and had NO CLUE. I even called up my fertility clinic and asked if they could give me something to start my period bc I was 10 days late and didn't want to delay my FET, he just asked me to take a pregnancy test. I thought he was crazy.

When do you plan on testing? Are you waiting for OTD?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Its hard not to google everything. Fingers crossed the spotting is from implantation. Keep positive. Im really going to try and hold out till OTD. I tested early on my last fet and was getting positives every day until 2 days before my otd. But i think im kidding myself saying ill manage to hold out  ;D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi

I Had my transfer today and I am now waiting to hear about 2 other emryos tomorrow. There was no one in the February two week wait so I thought I would post here. My test date is the 9th of March; I have had cramps and I can only think its the estrogen tablets plus a patch that is causing them as they were there before the transfer.

All the best to those on the two week wait

·
Registered
72 Posts
Evening everyone! How are you doing?

@Tickety-boo Thinking of you for OTD today, good luck! ^hugme^
@LeanneR @mouse80 glad transfers was ok! yeah 2ww sucks, try not to think about it!
@Eloise242 welcome and hope your ET went well
@Beth_29 welcome! How did you manage to find the gender of our embryo? ::)

AFM I'm gonna have a consultation with doctor tomorrow about FET and which option to take, natural vs medicated...got 2 frosties left! Period still didn't arrive since negative OTD of last Monday...progesterone messing around my body!

Sorry if I missed anyone, have a good evening x

·
Registered
47 Posts
@Eloise242 - Welcome!

@SuperMaria - I decided to do PGS testing on my Frosties (although Im not sure it was worth the £££ bc the 2 top rated embryos (out of 4) came back chromosomally normal), I knew they had the gender so I asked the clinic to send me the raw data so I could see if the report showed the gender chromosomes. I didn't have to work it out bc they listed the gender on the report- all embryos were male!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Beth_29 wow I didn't know this option was available! interesting

·
Registered
47 Posts
I believe it's illegal to select gender but I'm guessing they're allowed to share it, although I had to ask for the full report and email the lab directly so they don't normally give the info in the results. I never said I wanted the information to find out the gender either. I can understand why people may not want to know bc it's the only element of surprise in IVF (well besides getting a BFP!).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi all

Eloise - congratulations on your transfer and I hope you get good news about your other embryos.

Mouse - I’ve gone without my vaccine too. I was offered my first less than a month before treatment and I took the decision I would have it “whenever I’m next not pregnant” after transfer as my clinic advised I couldn’t have it within a month and I was not prepared to delay transfer. So I’m now hoping I don’t have it until some date in late October/early November. I think 4dp5dt was when I really started to go nuts myself.

Leanne/Beth - I think I spent the last 2 weeks permanently googling something. I got a “screen time” update saying my use had gone up 65%.

Maria - good luck for you consult

Hope everyone else is ok

Afm - first day back at work, I’m exhausted. I took my official test today it’s still positive. I’m a bit achey tonight in my pelvis and back but trying not to focus on it and hopefully it’s just a little muscular pain from the days exertions. I have a scan booked with the clinic for 7+1. I need to decide whether to call the epau for an earlier position scan. The problem is the midwife that completely mismanaged my ectopic (and literally made me feel like an idiot for even suggesting I should be having my beta checked) still works there. I won’t trust a word she says, so I’m not sure it’s the best plan to go there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi
Thanks Tickety-boo the embryologist rang and said that the two that were possible freezing candidates yesterday, didn’t progress so that was really disappointing, as I was really hoping for one to freeze.

Hope everyone is ok

Tickety could you see a different Midwife at Epau?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Supermaria - nice to hear from you. Hope your doing okay. HOpe you consultation went well today.
Beth - thats really interesting that you know your embryos gender.
Ticketyboo - I had an issue when i was pregnant with my daughter with a midwife at the epu that i made a formal complaint about and i was told i could request when making an appointment not to have her.
Eloise - sorry your embryos didnt progress. It only takes one though and I’ll keep my fingers crossed that this is a successful cycle for you  :)

AFM - so my message yesterday saying i wouldn't last till OTD was correct. A first response test some how managed to test my fmu today ^idiot^ It was positive. Faint but there without squinting. Hopefully I'll last a few days before that accidentally happens again and hopefully see it getting darker. Just hope its not a chemical again but im keeping positive. Now to get back to comparing my tests to others on dr google  ;D

Hope everyones doing okay xx

·
Registered
47 Posts
LeanneR- Congrats! That's amazing you already saw a positive so early on. My transfer was on the 16th so now I'm tempted to test but I promised my partner I wouldn't until Friday! :-[
Have you had any symptoms?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Beth don’t let me lead you astray. You’ve done so good. Hang off till Friday.  :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Leanne this is great news and hoping that line gets darker. I also caved today and tested on a frer and got a positive! Really shocked as I was not expecting it at all. Feeling anxious about whether it sticks! After 8 rounds of ivf I’m struggling to believe it can happen!

Beth do you think you will hold out to OTD?

Eloise I’m sorry you didn’t get better news about your embryos, I hope this one sticks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mouse80- That's amazing news!!! I bet it's sooo exciting to see a positive test after so many rounds. There seems to be so many positives on this forum group, it gives me hope! 

I'm holding off on testing until 10dp5dt. I figured it would be best for me to test Friday so I can grieve about it over the wknd in case it's a BFN. Honestly Im terrified of doing it and seeing a negative result.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Afternoon All,

Ive been abit AWOL lately, Ive been pretty busy with stuff.... hosptial appointments, returning to work, DD back at school... trying to take my mind off stuff!!!

Firstly, whispering congrats to Leanne and Mouse, that sounds so positive and I really hope things progress for you both! Will you both continue to test now? I know I prob would need to! Eeeeek exciting!

Maria, How did your consultation go today?

Beth and Eloise, how are you both doing??

Tickety, super pleased to hear that your test on your OTD was a BFP!!!! Amazing news!!!! I remember chatting to you a while back on one of the buddy groups and you explained the situation with your previous experiences, I can remember asking lots of questions... it's all just came back to me that you are the same person!

AFM ladies, well I actually had a really lovely weekend, after dementing myself on Thursday night and Friday! But I pulled on the positive pants and sucked it up.... I stopped googling and focused on me, ignoring all the negative thoughts and feelings! Because deep down I aint a negative person!
So I had my apppointment yesterday.... taken way after my scheduled time! First up a nurse scanned me, accompanied by the Sister, then a consultant arrived to scan me, followed by my actual consultant, who also wanted to scan me!!!
The nurse originally thought that it looked like it had gone down to 5mm, from 6.2mm on Friday! Then when the consultant checked, it defo had gone down to 5mm and they thought a bleed was imminent (still not arrived btw), however the top part of my lining was looking like 11mm!! Which after almost 5 weeks on injections, shouldnt be! They also informed me that I had a bicornuate uterus, which Ive never been told before, after 11 years of infertility/gynae investigations!
So the consultant carried out the biopsy, he was really lovely, let me feel the instrument he would use, just so i knew what was going on inside me etc! He asked if i was feeling ok with it, he would take 3 biopsies, which he did! It wasnt near as bad as i had envisaged!
He doesnt think its anything sinister, there are no other symptons or concerns to worry about! He thinks it could be an over active production of cells/infection etc.... He had said that he had looked back my notes and from what he saw ive always had thick linings, so it does indicate towards that!
He showed me all the cells he got afterwards and was very open and chatty, which defo helped me to feel better!
I will hear by phonecall in 2 weeks or so!

Currently, Ive stopped all medication and now awaiting AF once again.... last time I stopped buserelin it took around 4 weeks for it to return.

I really do feel good about the whole journey though, I have stocked up on more vitamins and folic acid, I will continue the no takeaways and alcohol and basically getting my body in good shape for what the future holds!  (Ok i did have a wee cheat on Friday night - with a pizza, I needed comfort food... oh and some wine on Thursday night)....

I am looking forward to what the Spring holds for me and my wee family!!! :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Mouse that’s amazing. Congratulations  :) have you had any symptoms?
Beth - I’ve had af like pains since transfer. Today I’ve had the same but more a kind of heavy feeling if that makes sense. I’ve also had one sore boob today. All are probably still symptoms front the pessaries.
Fifey - hope your doing ok. Sounds like you have the best attitude with all this. You’ll be fighting fit and ready to go again in no time
Lola - how are you doing?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wow lots of activity today!
Mouse, Ticketyboo and Leanne - congratulations on your BFPs - wonderful news! Praying for sticky beans for all 3 of you.

Eloise - sorry to hear about your embryos - hope this one is a sticky one for you x

Beth - well done on staying strong and not testing!

SuperMaria - how did your consult go? You decided a way forwards for your next cycle? Praying this will be the one for you

Fyfey - so glad to hear your positivity despite the challenges you’ve had with this cycle. I’m sure there will be a way forward for you. Good that they are checking everything for you too.

AFM: Been a bit of an anxious hot mess today. My nausea seems to have totally gone since the weekend so now I’m stressed that it’s another MMC. Boobs are sore sometimes and not at all others. I know the symptom spotting isn’t helpful but it’s triggering me as it’s what happened in previous miscarriages. I have a scan at 7+4 tomorrow at the recurrent miscarriage clinic so we will see what’s what tomorrow. I am trying so hard to repeat many times a day that i have a healthy growing baby on board unless told otherwise. Last night I also attended on zoom a local pregnancy after loss support group. Everyone was so lovely and it was good to hear some positive stories and see others further along in their journey.

241 - 260 of 330 Posts