Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thread for anyone undergoing treatment in January or February 2022.

goodluck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi :) It looks like I am alone here but I thought I’d get started in case anyone else is waiting in the wings. I am located in Canada but am traveling to Greece for a FET in two weeks. I am VERY anxious about traveling right now (and leaving my 16 month old behind) but I have already invested four months (and $$$) into this cycle and am turning 45 in March so I am just forging ahead. Anyone else cycling right now?

Reactions: gamrguk77

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! You are not alone 🤗 I am currently starting my second cycle of IUI this month having gonal f injections daily to stimulate my ovaries, on CD 6 today with a scan and bloods on CD 10. Hoping I will be ready for the IUI end of next week 🤞🏼🤞🏼.

I can’t even imagine how stressed and anxious you must be having to travel for treatment in the current climate! Bless you. Sending you good wishes and a safe journey ✈

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi! Best of luck to you! Hope all goes smoothly…for both of us :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi @singlemamatobe @Sharry @Emz7986

I am also in my first IVF cycle now!
I am very nearly 40 and have endometriosis (previously treated but looks like it’s returned i less than 2 years) and been TTC #3 for 4 years.

Currently in the down reg stage but has been prolonged as one ovary is freestyling and the other looks like it has endo on again :(. Being re-scanned this week to see if we can hopefully progress to stims?!

Trying to remain zen but not easy! Hoping we are all lucky and it works this round?! x

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just here to vent that I am scheduled to travel overseas for my FET in 5 days and I have just tested positive for Covid. I don’t know what this means yet but it is so frustrating and I know I am not the only one who has had fertility treatments impacted by this monster. 😞

·
Registered
2 Posts
@singlemamatobe oh no!! So sorry to hear you have covid! I can’t even begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now! Will you have to cancel your FET? I hope your symptoms are not too bad, sending you lots of love and keeping my fingers crossed that it won’t affect your treatment x

hi @wotsit987 how is everything going? Did you have your scan? Hoping you got good news 🤞🏼🤞🏼

so just an update on my situation - I had a 18.5 follicle in my Left ovary on CD 10 and my bloods were good too showing raised oestrogen levels and a raised LH - this never usually happens! So had my trigger shot Tuesday and the IUI weds. Currently in a 3WW now - due to my trigger containing HCG 🙈🙈. I’m quite sore from the IUI still but hoping this is normal 😬😬

good luck ladies xx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh no @singlemamatobe that is so frustrating! In the UK it stops the cycle if you test positive at the egg collection phase. Really hope you are not feeling too poorly and don't have to put everything on hold. I'm terrified of this happening too but you cant isolate forever eh? Really hope you find a way forward.

@Emz7986 that is great news to get so many follicles!!! wow! Fingers crossed it does the trick. 3WW is tough though! hope you have lots of plans so that it flies by!

I had another scan and bloods that showed by oestrogen had come down a bit but still not enough to start stims so have to go back again this week for yet more bloods and a scan and hoping this time is the one! Coming up to nearly 4 weeks of down reg now! They can still see endo on one side but said they should be able to get around it. Nothing is ever straight forward is it!?? Worried that due to age and endo that my EC levels will probably be low anyway.... but didn't think i have so much trouble even getting to that stage!!

Keep finding myself googling IVF at 40 but the numbers are not encouraging.... keep trying to focus on the fact that in real life i know a few people it has worked for. Such a long process isn't it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all, I've mover here from the nov/dec thread as my treatment has spilled over into this year.

Sorry to hear you've been affected by covid, it such a difficult scenario to manage! I wish there was more recognition and protocols around that, we've managed by basically self isolating /having our own lock down which is pretty depressing if I'm honest. But I am nearly 42 and had various obstacles that delayed our first cycle so really want to be able to get through the next bit uninterrupted.

We've been doing ivf with pgta (having the embryos biopsied). Had one cycle with none usable, one stimulation cycle where I ovulated before the egg collection (cancelled in the theatre while I was sedated 😒 This is rare, please don't let this scenario worry you!). Last one was much better, more fertilised eggs as we did ICSI - and we have one usable embryo after the pgta and will retest two that had no results. Obviously would have liked more we could transfer, but given my age we aren't planning for more than one child (of we are that lucky) and one good one is good. Feeling much more nervous about this stage of the process, it feels much more real and less clinical.

My period is due in the next week so doing the FET process in January and February.

Good luck everyone and hope the process goes as smoothly as possible.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hello Everyone - I am starting FET this week, day 1 tomorrow. I have done a few embryo freezes (donor sperm) in my mid 30s and am sort of going it alone now as my 14 year relationship broke down a year ago. I was devastated but feel ready now to be carrying on. I am quite nervous to finally be able to be in a position to transfer. I am 41 now and have moved 500 miles from where I lived the last 20 years, and new job etc so hope very much to find support and to be able to support others in this group.

I am based in Scotland now but will travel to London for transfer (I have 27 day 2 embryos frozen and 2 day 5 blasts). They will thaw all 27 and transfer the best two blasts.

I have thyroid issues and PCOS and am being treated as positive for antiphospholipid syndrome so may not be straightforward. I also tend to get endometrial polyps so I am extra apprehensive (especially given my age too).

I am in a new relationship and my new partner is very excited.

Hope to hear from you all as the days go by :)

B XX

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to fertility friends and hopefully starting stimms next week but it'll depend on my FSH levels. This is my first time doing IVF. I just turned 40, lucky to have one child conceived naturally who is now 2, and had two miscarriages before her. We've been trying for a sibling for a year (whereas those earlier pregnancies happened after a couple of months each time), and my FSH has gone up from 10 to almost 16 over the past six months. Yikes! Hoping that DHEA, acupuncture, CoQ10, healthier diet etc plus the oestrogen priming protocol will help bring my levels so we can begin. The plan is to do two back-to-back ICSI cycles and then PGS-testing any embryos that hopefully result. (PGS or PGT-A - I think they're the same thing!) Trying to stay calm before next week since I understand stress can affect FSH but of course that is stressful in itself!

@singlemamatobe good luck to you! So great you are doing this. We just travelled abroad and found it smoother than it has been at other times since the pandemic began. Hope you get some Greek sunshine too.

@Brighton24 I'm sorry about the end of your long relationship, but good for you for forging ahead and that's great your partner is excited. Best of luck!

@Zeddie It sounds like I'm trying to do something similar to you. Did you do anything differently before your most recent cycle to get a better result? Good luck!

@wotsit987 I think lots of people have success with IVF at 40! But maybe it just takes a bit longer... I'm not very good at being patient so this is going to be tough for me...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi everyone, I’m expecting to do a natural FET in Feb. I have a 20-month old son conceived via IMSI who was born in the first lockdown. Before we had him I had 5 cycles (fresh and frozen) including a miscarriage, a freeze-all and a cancelled cycle due to poor response so I feel like an old hand. I’m not really expecting this cycle to work it feels like a bit of a freebie so prepping myself mentally to do a fresh cycle in March if it doesn’t. Feels a bit strange going back into this process but also very different second time around, I’m a lot more relaxed than I was last time. Wishing you all the very best of luck xx

·
Registered
269 Posts
Good evening Everyone,

Hope today has been alright?

@singlemamatobe how are you feeling and has your clinic been able to advise?
@Emz7986 I am hoping you are having less pain since the IUI - It shouldn't really hurt but can cause cramping which I would assume will have resolved by now? What is your official test date and are you taking progesterone as well?
@wotsit987 that sounds like you are having to really test your patience!! Fingers crossed you are very very close to moving onto the next stage. I don't have endometriosis but have a few friends who struggle with it. Do hope you can report back to say it's all good to go soon!
@Zeddie looks like you and are are doing FET fairly similar timing. I am starting my letrozole which I take for 5 days tomorrow and then I will trigger when follicle/lining ready. I am guessing that will be about 14 days away. I am definitely feeling more nervous now that actually making it to transfer stage is more imminent.
@Lola425 Sounds like you've had a tricky time trying to conceive this one and hope very much that you get a good number from these cycles. I know what you mean about trying to minimise stress levels! Thanks for kind words re my relationship ending. It really has been a rough ride but I am at least now not swimming in stress hormones. It is hard to be in a new relationship and a big ask but I am also okay to do this alone and so there is no true pressure from me on the new person who thinks it is all wonderful anyway. We shall see. I am really very nervous.
@missl73 hello! Is this embryo from the same batch as your son?

Hope you all have a nice evening - I have not long moved into my new flat and there is a whole room full of boxes calling but so is my wee dog and a cuddle on the sofa!

Not much to report here other than I will start my stimulation drug tomorrow. My clinic seem to start on day 2 now regardless of whether baseline scan has been performed. I will have my first scan on Saturday which is day 3.

I am worried also because I have not told work about this. I have only been in position since October so I worry I will be judged if it works. I have spent much of my life delaying treatment for fear of how it would impact on work and what people would say but I feel I have run out of time. I have to be in post a year (NHS) before I qualify for maternity pay so, I want to just start trying. So, not only am I thinking about what ifs, I also will need to call in sick for scans and transfer day and keeping fingers so tightly crossed for a weekend appointment!!!!

Okay, have a happy evening everyone :) B

1 - 13 of 13 Posts