Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi there Fee  :)

I start my first cycle of ICSI next February. Have an appointment with the Nurse on the 18th Jan to be taught how to inject and then have to take the pill for 21 days on the next af and then I start to D/R.

To start with when I was told the date it seemed so far off but with Christmas and the New year I am sure the time will fly by.  I have now got my drugs all snuggled in my fridge at home.

I have also posted on the February / March cycle board, as not sure which month I come into really. 

Speak soon

Lettuce   

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lettuce

Great to have someone joining me here. I'm probably going to be end of January, so hopefully we'll be not far apart from each other's test days.
I'm having a frozen embryo transfer with our one remaining blastocyst embryo "Max".  Wanted to go before Christmas to get it all over with, but my clinic wanted me to wait. Actually this has ended up making me feel much more positive - and I'm hoping to get a BFP despite my clinic which obviously feel an old bird like me hasn't a cat in hell's chance - but this is our last go and I'm gonna do it this time.

Intrigued by your ticker - 1 week and 4 days until "OUR" birthday - do you and your dh have bdays on the same day?

Fee xxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Hi Fee and Lettuce  :)

I would love to join you! I am starting my 4th cycle in Jan. (around 10th I think!) No d/r this time so straight into stims!!

I am currently 'wishing' the time away!! Although I love Christmas I feeel like a right old scrooge as I just want it to be 2005!!  ;D

Good luck to you both  :)

Love, Rachel xx

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello :)

Nice that there are a few of us now.

Fee: Just me being dippy, the old ticker above was for our anniversary, so must of just got carried away. DH birthday is in March so he has his presents spread out abit.

Rachel: I now what you mean about wishing the time away, usually I love christmas and by now am annoying everyone singing xmas carols and the like but I just wan it to be over with and for it to be next year.

speak soon

Lettuce

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi girls

Rachel Lucy - Hi - welcome aboard. I'm sure I've cycled before with you when mmmbop and I both had to cancel last October???  Hope this cycle gets you your BFP.

Lettuce - wait till you're down regging - the brain cells really rot then ! ;D ;D

Have a good Saturday

Fee xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Fee, Lettuce & Rachel Lucy,

I would like to join you,  often pop on FF to have a look at what other people are saying I start DR , 27 Dec with EC anticipated 31 Jan if all goes well.  This will be our first ICSI.  As for rotting brain cells damn I can't blame the drugs yet  .... so what is my excuse !  :) Anyway Hi to you all x

Heather

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi there Fee, Lettuce, Rachel + Heather!

Could I join you please?? All being well I should be starting our FET in mid Jan! Rachel, will be good to cycle with you again! I totally agree, normally tinsel queen and very xmassy, but roll onnnnnnn 2005!!! ;) Wishing you all so much luck!

Well, I hope I'm not getting obsessed with posting Aspirin questions but after 2 failed attempts, I really want to try it this time. So I was just wondering if any of you girls are taking baby aspirin with your cycles? Sounds very promising!

Byr for now!
Kelly xx

·
Registered
145 Posts
It's me again .... first time ICSI so what's this about taking aspirin?  Also I have been shown how to use the needles ...but have clean forgotten hoping it comes naturally lol !

Is it anyone elses first time ?

H x

·
Registered
128 Posts
^hello^
             can i join your chat? I start my 1st cycle of ivf on 1st Jan n god its all so confusing. Ive been on this sight for few weeks now and the information and positivity is fabulous, ive been posting on the dec/jan thread but it would be great if someone was at the same stage as me coz i know il have loads of questions ::)
Anyways MERRY CHRISTMAS and it will soon be NEW YEAR ^banana^

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello can I join you all too.

I am starting my second attempt at ICSI in Jan/Feb. Have just started the BCP and start sniffing after christmas.

Last time I went through all of this (Feb 04) I didn't know about this site. It will be great to have some companions this time.

Susina XX

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello all  ;D

It is good to see we are growing in numbers.

Welcome to Heather 18, Di and Susina  ^hello^

Heather 18 and Di its my first time too, so I geuss we can hold each others had along this journey.

Merry Christmas

Lettuce ^stocking^

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi all,

I would love to join in too, if I may. SO glad you started a new one, Fee, because the other Jan/Feb one didn't seem the sort to barge into, as it has been going a year.

I have been happily stalking this site literally for years -eventhough I am in the US, this is always the site where I ended up (I have lived in the UK, so perhaps that's it). I have done many many cycles, and Fee - I too am an old bird although probably older than you, as I have just turned the dreaded 40. We have a beautiful daughter from our first IVF in 2000, and then cycle after cycle after cycle and nothin but a few miscarriages and heartaches. We're going for one last one, starting in late January, so hopefully actively being on this site will make the difference!!!

Heather, the baby aspirin thing (one a day) is supposed to loosen up the blood to help in implantation, but as always, check with your doc. Hasn't worked for me (three tries, I think), but I'm just one person. 

Counting down to January!
El

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Hi everyone

I'd like to join as well please! I am egg sharing and its also my first IVF.

The clinic called last Thursday and told me to start taking my pills on Friday (day 2) even though they hadn't found me a match at that point and to stop taking them on 13th Jan and start sniffing the same day. To say I was thrilled to actually get going was an understatement!

However, they called again yesterday to say that they had found me a recipent match and I was to stop taking the pills/start start sniffing on the 10th Jan instead.

She said that the recipient was "over the moon to have such a great start to the new year" and that she had been waiting for a very, very long time for a donor, longer than most apparently. That made me cry - I'm so soppy and so pleased that I have the privilege to try and help someone's dream come true.

Loads of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ to everyone.

Hi to Fee - I "know" you from the Lister thread  ^wave^

Love

Claire xx

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts

To all the new girls! Looking forward to getting to know you all better. Wow! We're growing already! To all the first timers, don't worry we'll all get through it together and I can guarantee there'll always be someone to answer your questions and reassure you. We'll all hold each others hands on the journey xx

Fee - Hi to you! I didn't cycle last year. I only started this Feb but I did cycle with Bops in May so maybe thats where you remember me from? Looking forward to gettin gto know you better. I bet you're getting excited about being reunited with Max! xx

Kelly - Lovely to be cycling with you again. ;) I bet you're a really busy bunny at the moment. Have you got lots of Christmaas gigs on the go? xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi girls I'm up for it too
Hi to Kelly and Rachel Lucy who I also cycled with in September/October.  Still posting on there in fact!  I'm a total tart, I post everywhere!  I've been waiting for someone to start a thread here I didn't feel like I could crash the rainbow crew... so thanks Fee!

I'm starting downregging around the 7th Jan if AF does her thing, for my third cycle (ICSI).  Can't wait.

Got my drugs delivered this morning - how exciting is that?!!  ;D ;D  OK not very, but it is if you've been sent stark raving mad by all this tx like I have.

love and luck to you all,
Claire xx 

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi
Gosh it's great to have a Jan/feb crew going!
I'll do a list, and get it posted so we can start adding dates.
Sorry no personals - but what a great New Year we're gonna have.
Fee xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
^daisy^
^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^
Just thought I would pop in to wish you all, all the luck in the world, and look forward to all those ^reiki^ in the new year.
and special hello's to fee and Rach,xxxx you know I have it all crossed for you,xx

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

good luck everyone

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi New Year girls,

May I join you as well please?

We are due to have our third ICSI cycle starting in early January. It will be a short cycle with no d/r. 

Feeling very nervous after so many failures. Considering seeing a hypnotist to relax and make me feel more positive.  Any suggestions or advice appreciated.

With love to all from,

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ceedubya (Claire) ICSI  d/r 7th Jan
Di IVF
Ellie IVF
Feistyblue (Claire) IVF egg share  d/r 10th Jan
Fee FET ( ^snowflake^) with clomid regulated cycle
Flopsy ICSI short cycle
Heather ICSI d/r 27/12 – EC 31st Jan
Kelly FET ( ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^  ^snowflake^  ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^)
Lettuce ICSI – Feb (appointment 18/1)
Rachel Lucy IVF
Susina ICSI

1 - 20 of 521 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.