Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have copied my birth story with Jack from when I posted it whilst I was pg with Ben, and it was in reply to another post at the time, so may seem a little disjointed.

OMG! Can't believe it's almost 5 years now since I had this amazing experience. Where does the time go?

Jayne said:
I always thought Jack would be early, but he was 5 days late. He came shortly after the onset of pre-eclampsia, so no need for induction. I did spend the last 3 -4 weeks in hospital though with high bp, that ultimately led to the pre-eclampsia.

I didn't have any pre-labour twinges, but they did show up on the monitor the day before during routine checks.

I was examined after 12 hours of contractions (every 2 mins from the word go up until the point of delivery) and was 6 cm. I then went to the loo and had a show, and my waters broke about an hour or so later, so probably at 7 cm.

I had no idea labour was about to start. I didn't feel any different and felt no pre-labour pains, like back ache or period pains. My bump did go incredibly low the day before - and I mean really low, but that was it. The first thing I felt was the crampy feeling I associate with diarrhoea, and to be honest I thought that I just needed the toilet, but I couldn't go and it wasn't until a couple of hours had passed it dawned on me this may be labour. DUH or what. Â I was 5 days late!!!

At 6 cm, just after my show, I had an epidural, lay down and my waters broke.

Epidural was fab. Not the nicest thing to have put in, but worth it. I had a low dose and wasn't totally numb (definitely recommended) - I'd say half sensation was there. I still had all the pressure and was aware of contractions, but pain was minimal. I still needed gas & air though for the pressure, which is so intense, right up until delivery.

I LOVE GAS & AIR!

My first contraction was at about 1.15 am and I started pushing at 7.45 'ish pm. Had a ventouse delivery as Jack's heartbeat dropped dramatically and it was a case of needing him out there and then, and Jack was born at 8.16 pm on 26 Oct 2000 weighing 8lb 1 oz :)

I had a teeny tear and minimal stitching. Never massaged my perineum in my life!!!

The whole thing was long and hard, but an incredibly positive experience, and if I have the same labour this time I won't be disappointed. Would be nice to do it in less than 18 hours though!!!

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just revisiting my birth stories :) It seems like only yesterday my scrummy boys were born, yet I had forgotten some of the detail in these posts. This site really does hold some special journeys and precious memories :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.