Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have my scond appt in September (my first consultation was last september where i was told i needed to lose weight to get my BMI below 30 - my appt in april needed to be cancelled sadly and the next available one was in sept......) Anyway, my weight is down, so what will be the next step in Sept? What will happen at this consultation? I was originally with Mr Mustafa but my 2nd appt has been booked with Mr Taylor - does this matter and what is he like?

xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
you are ready for tx now you have lost the weight right ? you may put a tx plan in place at this next appointment + run through everything, dont worry it will be fine, as for Mr T i like him, he is straight to the point, some people may find that harsh but hey i would rather now the facts outright than be pussy footed round IYGWIM besides he can be gentle  ;)

goodluck

xxx

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I agree - I liked Mr T, he is straight to the point but in a gentle way, never met Mr M so can't compare.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
i have seen mr m twice 1 time when mr t was away + last at my review after failed cycle + he is equally as nice but not as blunt, they are both excellent at what they do  :)

xxx

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
IF it is for a TX plan you will prob just go through test results as you will need all bloods + SA done again (if the last one is over yr old) however if you haven't already don't worry they will be in touch

have you been to a pre conceptual care clinic appointment yet ? + have you attended the information day ? these are both a necessity before starting TX

as for starting TX it all depends on if you have done the above + then you will be given a contact no. for a lady who will then sort the dates out with you then you wait for appointment with the nurses to discuss drugs + dates

xxx

·
Registered
915 Posts
HI Beth

Our Cleg has given you good advice already!!!

I started at James Cook two years ago and always had Mr T for consultations as Cleg said he is very straight to the point but he's really nice too we never had any problem with him Mr M is nice too he has done all but one of my EC/ET's

Good Luck with your appointment ^reiki^

Jools xxx

·
Registered
30 Posts
HI,

we were at James cook for our IVF. We had both Mt Taylor, (who is now more or less retired) and Mr Mustapha. Both were lovely and both were really clear and helpful. In fact the whole process is made really clear and simple for you at Kames Cook. They talk you through each step, they explain everything and they are always available to see you or talk if you are worried.

We had a BFP on our fist cycle too! I am 13 weeks and 4 days now, so maybe I am a little biased! :)

Redjodie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts