Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,  I need to lose some weight, but I would also like to get fitter.  Is it ok to go jogging?  I do push myself and have a HR of up to 160 :eek:  I think I read somewhere that high aerobic activity may decrease chances of implantation etc.  So fsr no diagnosis, ovulating and about to start clomid

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Hi Crispy!

Most advise points to taking it easy in 2WW and avoiding high impact aerobic activity. When pregnant advised top heart rate is either 120 or 140 depending on who the advice is from. I used to be a real gym bunny and have cut right back especialy in teh many 2ww times. I did yoga, swimming and  lots of walking and kept my heart rate at reccommended levels but you gotta do what is right for you.

Listen to your body and do what feels right for you I would guess. There are plenty of ways to loose weight without going at it too hard, lots of BD!!

Good luck and fingers crossed Clomid works for you!

LOL Charlie xx

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Crispy,

If you are trying to loss weight I would not suggest jogging as a first up exercise if you have not done a bit before. You want to start walking first and build up to jogging. People tend to forget that pounding the pavement is just that, and all of your joints take the impact, particularly hips!!

As for losing weight - the best heart rate to work at in the 'fat burning' rate. Its been a while since I was training using heart rates but it generally falls between 120 - 140 depending on your age. A general rule of thumb is that you are slightly breathless when exercising, but still able to talk. You should sweat a lot of working out indoors.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
I've always been told jogging or more specfically pounding pavements is awful no matter what age or state you are in - total nightmare to the joints - if you must do this type of exercise (just for future ref) please get a very very very good pair of trainers at least.

·
Registered
123 Posts
oh poo

You have worried me now.  ive been swimming a couple of times a week for ages which seems to be ok but ive recently started going to the gym and getting quite sweaty which doesnt seem to be ok.  It makes me feel good but should i slow down?  I really like the cross trainer  but that makes my heart rate go up to about 170.  do i need to stop that?  The gym people all seem to be 24 or there abouts so i guess they havnt thought about this sort of thing when they are advising.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Dear Mrs C,

Whilst you shouldn't attempt any strenuous exercise after tment, and esp in 2ww, I think running at other times is OK. I started running in Feb (literally couldn't get to the end of my road then, now can run for 30 mins without stopping!!!) I would advise a gentle programme of run- walk-run until you get fitter, as it's very hard! If you check out www.raceforlife.co.uk they have a great 6 wk beginners programme that works really well.
I also go to the gym. I think it's a case of bring sensible. If you are interested in losing weight, running is the best way, in conjuction with a healthy diet. I would never put myself or my efforts in ttc at risk by overdoing it, but for me at the moment whilst waiting for an HSG appointment, sometimes running or gyming it is the only thing that keeps me sane!!!
Good luck.

xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.