Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my story.. I hope it's ok

I started having mild contractions on wednesday night/thursday morning and got up to time them. 10 mins apart.I stayed up all night really excited. By 8 am i was back in bed sleeping off my all nighter. By 10am on thurs everything stopped...until friday night when they got painful. But looking back they were still very very mild! On Saturday morning, they were awful so we went into hospital, where i had the help of gas & air for 7 hours. Eventually the midwife offered to examine me to give me an idea of how long things would be. She couldn't even feel my cervix and suggested we went home! I was horrified, at the thought of having to go without the entinox! She had been offering me a strong pain killer, which I then accepted. This knocked me out for ages,and allowed me to get some much needed kip. Saturday afternoon was spent at home listening to the sound of the golf tournament on the telly, with my eyes tight shut grimacing every few minutes. I tried to get some sleep, but at 1am I was begging dh to get me back to the hospital. We were both leaving it and leaving it, not really thinking i was in full labour yet, but by the time i got there at 1.30am i was 8 cm  and feeling very close to pushing! They just managed to get the pool filled and me in and i was bearing down! Massive contractions really overpowering....But the baby wouldn't move. Earlier on in the weekend the baby had become un engaged and had turned round so it's back was facing my back, and a lot of the pushing was turning the baby round...After 1and a half hours in the pool i gave up and got onto dry land and delivered gabriel on my back, but it was ages before i managed to push him out...I was very close to begging for a ventouse, the doctor came in and had a look, and said he thought another 15 minutes would do it...I thought the baby was never ever going to appear....I am happy to say that he was born at 4.50 am and all was well. I hardly felt the stitches, but was aware my coccyx was wrecked (it still is).
The midwife allowed us to stay in the room for hours, whch was great. It allowed us time to snuggle in with gabriel, and later have a few photos. When i eventually moved into the ward, they told me to undress gabriel and lie skin to skin with him in bed. We stayed there for about 2 hours, so so happy!!!!

Love Joanna and Gabriel xxx

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
awwwwwwwww lovely story

enjoy your baby

Mini xx

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
wow congratulations lovely story
                    love baby wisper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.