Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

new home in preparation for those just about to join the 2ww who will test in August! ;D

Lots of love and luck to all!
Sue
xxxxxxxx

^cool^ ^spot^ ^cool^ ^spot^ ^cool^ ^spot^
^cool^ ^spot^ ^cool^ ^spot^ ^cool^ ^spot^
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Ready4Family IUI - 19 June Testing - 1st - ^Cuddle^

Saphy75 (Pam) IVF ET - 17 June Testing - 2nd - ^Cuddle^

Scoop ICSI ET - 18 June Testing - 2nd - ^reiki^

Soozle ICSI ET - 18 June Testing - 2nd - ^reiki^

Eve ET - 18 June Testing - 2nd - ^Cuddle^

Emile ICSI ET - 18 June Testing - 3rd - ^Cuddle^

Marzy IVF ET - 19 June Testing - 4th - ^Cuddle^

Minky (Caro) ICSI ET - 21 June Testing - 4th - ^reiki^

ZoeA ICSI ET - 21 June Testing - 5th -^reiki^

LindaJane ICSI ET - 21 June Testing - 5th - ^reiki^

Mini ICSI ET - Testing - 9th - ^reiki^

Linzibell IUI - 24 June Testing - 9th - ^Cuddle^

KP (Annette) ICSI ET - 24 June Testing - 9th - ^reiki^

Azailier IVF ET - 26 June Testing - 10th - ^Cuddle^

sarah102 ICSI ET - 26 June Testing - 10th - ^reiki^

Hollie IVF ET - 25 June Testing - 11th - ^reiki^

Sammy04 ICSI ET - 2nd July Testing - 15th - ^Cuddle^

Clare 65 GIFT ET - 28th June Testing - 15th

Treacle ICSI ET - 2nd July Testing - 16th - ^Cuddle^

MrsP ICSI&IVF ET - 10th July Testing - 20th

Jemma FET ICSI ET - 8th July Testing - 22nd

zoe w ICSI ET - 9th July Testing - 23rd

Tina K ICSI ET - 12th July Testing - 23rd

tinker ICSI ET - 8th July Testing - 24th

ceedubya IVF ET - 11th July Testing - 25th

Jo Taylor ICSI ET - 7th July Testing - 26th

Karen-C IUI - 12th July Testing - 26th

Laroussi IVF ET - 13th July Testing - 26th

snickers IUI - 13th July Testing - 27th

Ginger IVF ET - 15th July Testing - 29th

joe33 IVF ET - 16th July Testing - 30th

luisa FET ICSI ET - 16th July Testing - 30th

May all your dreams come true girls !!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Treacle,

So sorry to read your news,hun.Its really hard to take isn't it? Take care of yourself and DH ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^.
Wishing you all the best for your next go

Love Em

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nikki, I'm so sorry to hear your news. You and DH give yourselves some time and look after each other. We're all still here for you if the next few days are tough, will be thinking of you.

xxx Kate

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Nikki - I'm so sorry to read your news. Big hugs.
^Cuddle^

love
Caroline
xxxx

·
Registered
355 Posts
Here I am at last!!!

My 2ww started today so testing on 29th July. I had a single 5 cell embryo transferred at Barts this morning - I saw it on the screen - it was quite emotional.

I'm feeling normal, have AF pains already but that's the cyclogest. Not a lunatic yet but there's 14 days to go .....

Ginger xxx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Ginger,

Its nice to another 'one embryo' girlie on board!! I got so much grief off people for only having one put back - people couldn't understand that if I wanted a baby so badly that I could only try with one.

Sorry - I've just realised that you might have only had one to put back. If thats the case I'm really sorry and didn't mean to offend you.

I'm testing on 26th despite having ET on 7th July. For some reason my hospital has a lot longer waiting time - nightmare.

Jo xx

·
Registered
355 Posts
No offence at all Jo

I did only have one embryo to put back. I had 4 eggs retreived and 2 were fertilised. One didn't really advance beyond 1 cell and started to fragment.

I read about a USA clinic which recently replaced 12 embryos in an older lady!!!! The risk of multiples is too great - and I'd rather have a healthy singleton pregnancy than a risky multiple - that's my personal opinion and not intended to insult anyone.

Did you choose to have one put back?

Why on earth would people think they had the right to comment on your fertility treatment - it's beyond me how people think sometimes.

Good luck with your waiting - I hope the time goes quickly for you

Ginger xxx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi girls

Congratulations on all the positives

Really sorry to all the negatives i know how you all feel and nothing anyone says can make you feel better but it does get easier.

As for me, well it is now all over, i started bleeding on sunday. Had a scan and more bloods took on monday and the pregnancy sac had gone but the hormone results remained the same, probably because i had only just started bleeding. Going for repeat bloods tomorrow and they expect the levels to have decreased.

Don't know if we can take anymore treatment, this last time has been the hardest so near but so far. At least i can say i have seen a positive HPT.

Good luck to you all

love Jill

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello,

Yeah I chose to only put one back. There were a few reasons, one was the whole financial problems with two babies (sorry if this sound trivial but I know that we couldn’t afford it and I’d spend the whole 9 months worrying myself sick)

Two – I’m only 4ft 11in so I think that carrying twins could cause a few health problems for both me and the babes.

Three – Pre-eclampsia runs in my family and you tend to have smaller babies. My sister had her little boy in January and he was only 3 days early but because of Mandy have pre-eclampsia he was only 5lb. Twins are notoriously smaller than your average baby so I couldn’t run the risk of letting them be any tinier than they had to be.

I hope I don’t offend anyone saying all this – I know that there are some twins around at the moment.

Jo xx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well the result of our blood test today was negative. We can't really believe it as we really weren't expecting it to be honest. Everything went so well with our treatment, I had 25 eggs and shared half of them, had 9 fertilise and had 2 very healthy embryo's put back. AF hasn't arrived yet so still got that to look forward to but the clinic was very clear that its all over for us with the negative result.

We will try again - I have to wait for this AF and one more after that and then we can start another cycle - next time I certainly won't be getting my hopes up so high.

Thanks for all your support and for keeping me going during the last two weeks. My heart goes out to you Treacle, and anyone else who has had a bad result. Well done and congratulations to the positives and welcome and good luck to all the new 2ww'ers.

ta ta.....til next time

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi

Sammy - so sorry that the blood results showed a neg this time ^Cuddle^ take care of yourself and your dh.

Ginger - welcome aboard!

Clare - hope you are doing OK? ? ?

Love Sue
xxxxx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Treacle, Nikki & Sammy,

So sorry to hear about your -ve's.

Take care

Laine x

·
Registered
10 Posts
:)hi everyone , im new to all of this . im curently on 2ww due to test 24th but got horrible feeling :(af is looking for me. this is such a good place to sit it out , no one else can understand how it feels, any big hugs to all of you for bfps ^fairydust^
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
dh has low sperm count and poor motility - it seems his sperm are as chilled out as he is. just had first icsi, et was 8th july testing 24th july so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi

Can I join you? I am having my ET tomorrow - doing a FET and should test on July 30th - more excited than scared.

Hope everyone's dreams come true.

Love
Luisa

·
Registered
86 Posts
hi girls
i had et today.had 2 embies put in 1 had 2 cells and the other one had 4 cells.im just going to take it easy and take thing has they come.im scared stiff the eggs will fall out.silly i know.
sorry to all those who got bpn.its not fair that we have to go through all the injections and tablets ect and end up with nothing at the end.but i think with determination we will all suceed.
i test on the 30th july but i think i will test early on the 28th just to prepare myself.

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi girls

I'm another one emby girl, not through choice, as it turned out, but Jo, we also considered only having one put in. Mostly to do with family circumstances, money and energy mostly (DP is older than me and already has 3 grown up children but they never stop being a major commitment). Personally if I'd have been in my 20s and with no other commitments (and been fertile!) I'd have liked to have loads but life's not always like that and you can't help who you fall in love with, and so we made a practical decision to have just the one bundle of joy. If only. :'(

However when we found out about chances etc we decided to 'risk' twins, as it were.

I can totally understand why you made your decision and nobody has the right to criticise you - others who are blessed with fertility get to plan their families, why can't you? Only you know what is best for you. Tell the meanies to....you know what

^NahNah^ ^NahNah^ ^NahNah^

Anyway fate dealt me a hand and only one fertilised. The doc who did my ET was really positive (I guess he's paid to be!) he said he even advises women to go for one so you, me and Ginger got plenty to hope for.

^fairydust^

Testing 25th July, good luck everyone!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Sammy - really sorry you got a bad result today, hope you and DH take care of each other and get through the disappointment.

Jill - I've been following your posts, and wanted to say how absolutely gutted I am for you. To get so near and then for this to happen is just plain cruel. I hope you find the strength to try again, after you've had time to recover a bit. ^group^

Good luck to all of you,
love and luck
Caroline
xxxx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome fellow baby dusters Ginger, laroussi, Ceedubya & Luisa great to have some more company ^wave^

Hi also to Joe33 & Tinker welcome on board the 2 ww

Sammy - Sorry to hear your result, it's such a difficult time, but the strength that got you through this tx in the first place will get you through. Take care ^Cuddle^

Jill - Sorry about your news you really need some TLC during this horrid time, however don't give up ^Cuddle^ xx

Well tonight I have had some really AF like pains - Could AF be on it's way so soon? Only a week into it tomorrow. My boobs are also soooo painful, I wish knew what was going on...

Hope the rest of you are getting on okay.

Goodnight
Zoe xx

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi zoe w

Yep - Finally I made it. Due to test on 26th July.

Now I know this is probably all in my head but I am going crazy with all these 'early pregnancy' symptoms.

I was a smoker for one, and thought I'd have to struggle to give up during pregnancy. But ever since my ET the slightest smell of smoke has me rushing to the bathroom. I'm incredibly dizzy all the time and my boobs hurt like hell with permanently erect nipples.

Preggers perhaps? Going totally insane? Definitely!!!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
keep going girls ~ you will get there!

this time (4th) i forgot about everything, didn't religiously rest like they told me to and really thought from start it wasn't going to work, so perhaps thats the key?

i had a/f type pains 3/4 days after e/t and was convinced it was her coming, but so i am told now it was probably implantation pain which can be up to 10 days post e/t and as for boobies ~ well they have hurt since day one! LOL

good luck to you, we are all thinking about you x

Zoe x

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.