Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2374 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a place to chat for all July / August 208 cycle buddies. When there are enough of you we can start thinking about what you want to be called. :)

Happy chatting and ^reiki^ ^fairydust^

C~x

·
Registered
532 Posts
^pompom^YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! ^pompom^

Thanks Caz :-*

Now, I just need some friends ;D

Bok xx

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Hi,

Can i join this!! Hoping to start my 2nd icsi in July!!! 

Love Lisa xx

·
Registered
532 Posts
^hello^ Lisa, glad you found it so quick!!  :)

I too am starting my 2nd ICSI in July. I am going to a clinic in Norway, due to only being entitled to 1 NHS cycle in Devon and saving money by going abroad. In our first cycle we only got 4 eggs and only 1 fertilised, so hoping for a more successful cycle this time ^fingerscrossed^

What about you hun, I see you had a Chem pg  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ that must've been horrible  ^hugme^

Bok xx

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Hi Bokbabe,

We are having tx here, where i am you get 3 cycles on the nhs if child free, so this is our second one.

Norway are supposed to be good for there stats!! Good luck!!!!

Last tx didnt work, i had a fibroid removed last month as they found it on the baseline scan and said if the cycle didnt work they would remove it as it was changing the shae of the uterus, so fingers crossed this is the one, they are also upping my drugs to get more eggs.

Lisa xx

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ooh, good news that your regime has been changed, I guess as they don't know how our bodies are going to react, the first time is a bit of a learning curb for everyone concerned!
^fingerscrossed^ it'll be both of our turn this time  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I guess the board will take a while to get going, as we are still a few months away from our tx, but I can't wait to get going and to share it with others, my cycle buddy board was a god send last time  :)

Take care hun, looking forward to getting to know you!

Bok xx

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hi Bok. Lisa and Caz (again!)
I'm hoping to do my second IVF in July after a failed attempt in Feb.  Good to see some friends, lets hope we're all 3rd time lucky  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Katharine xx

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi Katharine!

Welcome to the board  ^hugme^
It's pretty quiet at the mo, but I am sure it will pick up over the next few weeks!

^fingerscrossed^ it is a successful thread for all concerned! Think summertime is a good time, everybody's more relaxed and happy, the sun will be shining ( ^reiki^ ^reiki^) and it'll be easier to eat healthily  ;) Well....if I can stay away from the ice creams that is!!!  ::)

Bok xx

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hi Bok

Yes I thought that, we all feel better in the summer.  Alos I'm a teacher and at the start of the summer holidays I should be nice and relaxed and not worrying about time off school.  :)

I've had a lovely afternoon at my dad's allotment but now I have to do the ironing!
Bye for now
Katharine xx

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hello Bok, Katherine and Lisa

hoping to start second tx mid to end June - so can I join you or shoud I be on the June/July thread?????

Bestyx

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ooh, join us  :) :)

Wherever you feel more comfy hun, you could jump in and out of both threads till you make your mind up fully if you like, but your'e def welcome to stay here for as long as you please  ^hugme^

Seems to be all of our 2nd goes so far, so at least we now know what we're letting ourselves in for!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ it's our turn this time!!

Hey Katharine and Lisa, hope you're both well! Long weekend this weekend...bring it on!!  :) :)

Bok xx

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Hiya!

Well here I am Again  ;D 10th Attempt Larkles  ;D ;D we're on a donor egg cycle at Ceram in Marbella, just had "the" call from ruth to say they have a matched donor for us, so all systems go again-planning on being there 1st week of july-surely it Must work this time?

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you all

Larkles
xx

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hi there

Can I join too?? My 2nd IVF cycle.  Last one in Oct was amazing BFP but sadly abnormality discovered at nuchal scan for Edwards syndrome - had to have termination at 17 weeks - our beautiful daughter Sydney :'(.  Our clinic - Esperance in Eastbourne have said I can do another cycle with my own eggs - (I'm 42) as it was successful last time.  Gonna do short protocol with 450iu puregon - the full monty!!
To be honest I can't wait any longer - but we are going to have a holiday to relax first.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Love Betty xx

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome Larkles and Betty
Lets hope that this time is THE time for you both...for us all!  ^reiki^
Larkles I admire your tenacity, I don't know if Iwould have the strength to try that many times.
Betty I'm so sorry you lost your baby, let's hope you get your BFP again.
Hope everyone is well
Katharine xx

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Ladies
Can I join you, I'm starting my 2nd IVF in July... Feb one failed :(
Got great feedback from the hospital, good response and all follies had an egg...

Changing nothing about my treatment, which is good as I work with Organon (manufacturers of Puregon) and they will give me 3 cycles of drugs free...
feel really positive abut this cycle, so no more wine for me, just lots of acupuncture & Zita West vits....

I'm sorry to hear of failed treatments, but they say summer is a good time for conception so here's hoping eh ladies....

Looking forward to getting to know you all, and sharing our stories....

Luv
Ands
xxx

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hello Betty !!!! Glad to be your cycle bud again.

Got our prescription now - so role on next period- excited but really scared too! Ive ordered the Zita vits too!

Will start D/r approx 20 June - but most of the cycle will be July so hope you dont mind but I am sticking here.

How are you all feeling? Bestyx

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hi ladies

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine ^sunny^

Larkles - you are a special lady -10 cycles certainly requires a huge strength - amazing.

This is probably our last go with my own eggs - my first cycle at 41 was a BFP so cons said he would be happy to have another go - I was an average responder - so this time I will do short protocol with 450iu puregon.  I would be interested to know about donor eggs as this will probably be the next stage if are not successful. From what I understand there is a waiting list for eggs in the UK?? is that right - also how does it work - do you have to go to the clinic over there first to meet them so they can get a match?  how many visits do you need and what kind of cost is involved - hope I don't have to go down that route but may have to.

I'm just starting to slow the alcohol down to a minimum and up the vits and excercise - must put everything into this cycle - it's nerve wracking indeed.

Hugs to all
Betty xx

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hi Besty

How are you darling?  Lovely to see you on this thread - a familiar Berry buddy :)

Are you doing long protocol?? If you are I'm doing short so we'll definately overlap somewhere - how do you feel - I'm fed up of waiting now - i know it's nerve wracking but I just can't wait get going.  I wish you all the luck in the world for your BFP ^pray^

Speak soon
Betty x

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Hi Everyone

Beautiful sunshine makes all the difference!

Betty-waiting lists in uk for donor eggs is average 3+ years, we waited 3 for ours, then decided on Spain after one of my nurses mentioned it! she had a patient that had been sucessful that route and prices were half to that of UK. You chose which clinic you want to go to (not easy!) then u email then for an initial appointment-you can make a break with it and go for a week, a few days or some people even go in the morning then back in the evening. You have to have tests done before you go and take a copy of your clinic notes (some charge £10.00 others just charge photocopy price) you see the nurse & doctor and they discuss your treatment etc. You go home and wait...depending on a lot of different factors some only wait a few weeks, some up to a year but 6 months is the usual. My costs were £3,500 then u have to pay for your flights, accommodation etc so evens out, some clinics charge £10,000 for treatments-it all depends on you

Sorry to have waffled on a bit  ;D

Hi Betsy-don't mind having you here at all, the more the merrier

Hi Ands-lucky you getting 3 cycles free, sorry to hear of your bfn in Feb, as you say summer is a good time for conception

Hello also to Katherine, Boks and Lisa

Larkles

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hi Long Protocol for me - they are changing my dosage of Menupur ( I had OHSS last cycle and had to coast) aside from that no changes.

bit TMI I know but I had real probs with the pessaries last time - both areas to be honest - are there any alternatives that anyone has tried? I  have read about injections on one of the threads - I was convinced that I was not helping keep the embies in last time becaus I was so rubbish with the pessaries.

I can not wait now to be honest- just want to get started- bet I wont say that when I start the injections again. Besty xx

1 - 20 of 2374 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.