Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
101 - 120 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
@IzzyQ im really sorry! I had a tested embryo fail last month after multiple surgeries too! It’s really sad. I had 9 embryos tested made when I was 31 33 and 34 and only 3 were normal one from when I was 34. That’s a big part of why I’d consider DE because I could use my own eggs pay 20k and get one embryo that may or may not work or pay a bit more or go abroad and do DE and have a better chance. I don’t have low amh so it’s frustrating. I really hope one of my left over normal embryos work . This tranfer is a hatching day 6 made from when I was 31 so I’m really hoping

Focus on your kids that’s what I did. I had to take a month off so we could make sure I don’t have polyps. I’m just waiting for my period. Anyways I was sad but I’m greatful for my 2 year old she helped for sure

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had an embryo transfer yesterday. Second transfer in my first round of ivf. Last time I had spotting around days 8, 9 and 10 and started bleeding properly on day 11. After my transfer yesterday afternoon (exactly 24 hours ago), I felt fine but this afternoon ive had some shooting pains and have now passed what looks like a blood/jelly. Has anyone else ever had this? I hope I’m wrong but my crazy obsessive brain is telling me that was my embryo 😩 any advice would be appreciated xx

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks ladies! Yes, it's so frustrating, i'm basically flying in on Monday night, scanning on Tuesday, then flying back to France Wednesday morning. Unfortunately we're staying in the middle of nowhere in the south of France so wouldn't be able to scan there :( Oh well, it will be worth it hopefully.
@PDream1980 omg i'm so excited, i was so disappointed when we had to switch from a fresh transfer, so it now feels like we're back on track again. I have to admit, it was lovely to have a little break, even enjoyed a couple wines ;)
😄…. Exciting . My af had arrrived . Whoooppppppp . Here we go again , choo choo ! Back on the train . Well in roughly two and a half
Weeks , all
Being well I will have a transfer and be on my tww 😬.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had an embryo transfer yesterday. Second transfer in my first round of ivf. Last time I had spotting around days 8, 9 and 10 and started bleeding properly on day 11. After my transfer yesterday afternoon (exactly 24 hours ago), I felt fine but this afternoon ive had some shooting pains and have now passed what looks like a blood/jelly. Has anyone else ever had this? I hope I’m wrong but my crazy obsessive brain is telling me that was my embryo 😩 any advice would be appreciated xx
I would say the jelly was the lumbricant they use maybe ? And the blood is implantation which can cause sharp pains . I think this all sounds positive 😊

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi all, I see lots has been going on, and finally I can join back in because finally AF is here. After 59 days, and one dose of Provera (!)
I am doing a natural modified cycle this time so will have my baseline scan on Friday then fingers crossed all ready to go again.
I have to say was feeling very down during the wait for af, was starting to think maybe my last cycle was my one shot, and that it was all over for me already. At least now I can start to hope again, even though I know given my very low AMH and the fact I was a poor responder last time, it’s still a long shot. It’s still better than nothing. And I really wanted to have 3 goes at OE before I start thinking about other options.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yay @RoseLondon , we are cycling at the same time. I have day 2 scan Tommorow. I think mild is more suitable for low egg reserves. I am in that boat too. Will you be having a transfer done this month all Being well ?
what is your drug protocol for the mild ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
@IzzyQ and @#babybrady sorry to hear your disappointing news. Take care of yourselves and good luck with your next steps.

@RoseLondon great news your period finally arrived! Must have been so frustrating having that long wait. Fingers crossed the treatment goes smoothly.

Not much to report here, changed protocol due to my last period coming early and then started on progynova on Friday when my latest one arrived. Have a scan on Monday to see how my lining is looking then potentially transfer the week after. We have a problem if it isn’t as have flights booked for holiday the week after that as we stupidly assumed we’d have finished treatment by then 😩. Just having to cross our fingers that everything looks good to go!

·
Registered
21 Posts
@Hopehurts I had bleeding day 2 of my FET to day 4. I called the clinic and they thought it was trauma related to the procedure of popping it back (it did smart a bit and ai ahve fibroids distorting the canel). The transfer wasn't successful but I don't think it was because of that. I didn't have it with my first FET.
Best of luck x

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi all . I’m going hell for leather this month . I’ve got weekly accupuncture booked , meekly Thai massage . Holland and Barrats shop in my house , probiotics . Started back at the gym to help Increase my lining . Scan in the morning , day 2 .

hopefully in two weeks egg collection and if no eggsand my lining good to then havethe frostie transferred . I can’t believe the effect clomid had on my lining . It reduced it by more than half . I hope it recovers as it was way too thin for a transfer x

·
Registered
46 Posts
@IzzyQ and @#babybrady sorry to hear your news.

Well I had my scan, I was a bit worried this period only seemed like fairly normal and that it wouldn’t have been enough to get rid of my super thick lining, but apparently it’s thinned out nicely.
As I am doing a natural modified cycle it’s no meds for me yet, going back Monday for a day 6 scan then I should be starting on a little bit of Gonal f to encourage my few little follicles along.

·
Registered
21 Posts
@RoseLondon that sound encouraging.

Scan day 9 today (in-between train strikes otherwise there is no way to get to the clinic for day 8 and day 10!) and it's all go! Follicle 21mm and lining 8mm so just triggered and transfer on the 5th! All a bit quick but nice to actually get the cycle moving.

·
Registered
126 Posts
@IzzyQ im really sorry! I had a tested embryo fail last month after multiple surgeries too! It’s really sad. I had 9 embryos tested made when I was 31 33 and 34 and only 3 were normal one from when I was 34. That’s a big part of why I’d consider DE because I could use my own eggs pay 20k and get one embryo that may or may not work or pay a bit more or go abroad and do DE and have a better chance. I don’t have low amh so it’s frustrating. I really hope one of my left over normal embryos work . This tranfer is a hatching day 6 made from when I was 31 so I’m really hoping

Focus on your kids that’s what I did. I had to take a month off so we could make sure I don’t have polyps. I’m just waiting for my period. Anyways I was sad but I’m greatful for my 2 year old she helped for sure
Thanks @Melissa87, it’s just very sad because it’s our last embryo and i can’t help thinking of it as a little life even though I know it wasn’t, yet.
I’m gutted it’s the end of the road for my own egg babies. Had a tough day today. AF arrived this morning and so it feels like a miscarriage though I know it’s not as it never was really a pregnancy. Also a psychiatrist confirmed today that my son has ADHD so I am feeling am like a bit of a genetic failure all around! I burst into tears when we got home, unsurprisingly!

I had a chat with my consultant yesterday and he told me that in his whole career (and he’s not young!) he hasn’t had one over-45 year old have a baby with their own eggs, and he’s had some women try again and again. He strongly advised from a financial and physical/mental health point of view to move to DE. He works with Shady Grove in the US for DE IVF, which I didn’t know. They do a shared risk scheme, so you pay an amount up front that’s the cost of probably 2 cycles but they give you a money back guarantee. If you don’t get pregnant in 6 cycles, or choose to stop, you get all your money back. He believes it’s the best solution as it gives you excellent, tailored treatment, it’s in their interest to get you pregnant, and all their donors are under 25. Also you get to choose the sex which is tempting when I’d like a girl! I’m going to talk to both them and IVF Spain in any case and compare costs and procedures.

Reactions: Mercury363

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would say it’s either an implantation or a little bit of the plug in your cervix that might have been dislodged by the procedure, or they knocked the sides of your uterus and dislodged a tiny bit of endometrium. I would try not to worry. Your embryo won’t fall out (I remember it said exactly this on the info sheet on transfer day a few weeks ago). Stay strong, you’ve got almost 2 weeks of crazy brain left to deal with!

Reactions: Hopehurts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi all, I see lots has been going on, and finally I can join back in because finally AF is here. After 59 days, and one dose of Provera (!)
I am doing a natural modified cycle this time so will have my baseline scan on Friday then fingers crossed all ready to go again.
I have to say was feeling very down during the wait for af, was starting to think maybe my last cycle was my one shot, and that it was all over for me already. At least now I can start to hope again, even though I know given my very low AMH and the fact I was a poor responder last time, it’s still a long shot. It’s still better than nothing. And I really wanted to have 3 goes at OE before I start thinking about other options.
Hurray @RoseLondon! So happy for you, now you can begin again! Good luck!

101 - 120 of 198 Posts