Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
121 - 140 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
well just got the call.... BFN - now just waiting on AF to start round 2 of IUI....
Oh no, I’m so sorry ☹, it’s awful news to receive. All the luck in the world for round 2!

·
Registered
126 Posts
@IzzyQ and @#babybrady sorry to hear that.

@RoseLondon and @PDream1980 fingers crossed and you can get started.

@CamiB I think we are cycling similar times. I have a scan tomorrow maybe then Monday/wednesday with transfer week of 8th!

I've started the steriods and am totally buzzy with awful reflux despite the PPI. Slept so badly last night. Hope this passes soon. Scan tomorrow
Ugh the steroids are awful. What does see you on? I’d set yourself an alarm to take them as early as you can face in the morning (ie 6 or 7am) then go back to sleep before they kick in, unless that’s when your up anyway. I found taking magnesium before bed helped too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Also was asked that awful question today at work....why don't you have more. ......(internally I scream...I'm trying....) :rolleyes:
It’s such an insensitive and thoughtless question!! I would always say ‘We’d love to but we haven’t yet been blessed with a second’ which says it all without being too rude back to them! Or you could list all the drugs and procedures you’ve done so far, in excruciating detail, that will shut them up!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh that is alot @IzzyQ, amd a lot to think about and I hope having a diagnosis for your son helps. I know what you mean about the genetic thing. Our daughter was diagnosed with a rare disease. Even though she's our only one I knew she wasn't the same as other babies and I was labelled as an anxious IVF mum. The experience of getting her diagnosis has really affected me. It's likely to be sporadic so there is not much to prevent it.

Don't worry about work I'm well versed but it doesn't get easier. I tend to say I'd love three but life doesn't always have that plan.

Steriod in between 5 and 6 as that is when im up so I have no hope!. However it has calmed the flare of my autoimmune condition and I feel like a new person on them. My doc has wanted to up my immunosuppression for ages but as it's long term it would be cyclosporin and I've said no, but maybe it's something else to consider if these frosties don't stick.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks @Melissa87, it’s just very sad because it’s our last embryo and i can’t help thinking of it as a little life even though I know it wasn’t, yet.
I’m gutted it’s the end of the road for my own egg babies. Had a tough day today. AF arrived this morning and so it feels like a miscarriage though I know it’s not as it never was really a pregnancy. Also a psychiatrist confirmed today that my son has ADHD so I am feeling am like a bit of a genetic failure all around! I burst into tears when we got home, unsurprisingly!

I had a chat with my consultant yesterday and he told me that in his whole career (and he’s not young!) he hasn’t had one over-45 year old have a baby with their own eggs, and he’s had some women try again and again. He strongly advised from a financial and physical/mental health point of view to move to DE. He works with Shady Grove in the US for DE IVF, which I didn’t know. They do a shared risk scheme, so you pay an amount up front that’s the cost of probably 2 cycles but they give you a money back guarantee. If you don’t get pregnant in 6 cycles, or choose to stop, you get all your money back. He believes it’s the best solution as it gives you excellent, tailored treatment, it’s in their interest to get you pregnant, and all their donors are under 25. Also you get to choose the sex which is tempting when I’d like a girl! I’m going to talk to both them and IVF Spain in any case and compare costs and procedures.
Hi Izzy . I think we will get there . Emotionally so hard though . Im 44 and don’t have a hold yet and planning to move to donor egg . For me I just waited too long to start trying . Like many i didn’t understand your eggs aged and so fertility gets less and less as you get older . I’ve been trying for a year and in that 3 rounds of ivf and this is my fourth cycle I am on now as 2 have been cancelled . To save the emotionally burden a little bit I am just doing natural ivf now. I am only going to do the next two months to see it through with my own eggs and then I will be looking overseas , I thought of ivf spain too for donor egg . I refuse to miss out of motherhood like so many women do because of bad relationships or financial issues or job instability or even personally just not ready .
Please do share your next steps with donor eggs . I am not too far off approaching them to organise an appointment for de . After I’ve done this cycle then I will be selecting a clinic . Much love to you as I know the griefy bit you are in now but once we accept that our only
Option is de then I think we might start to move on and get a little bit exited 😊😘x

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi Izzy . I think we will get there . Emotionally so hard though . Im 44 and don’t have a hold yet and planning to move to donor egg . For me I just waited too long to start trying . Like many i didn’t understand your eggs aged and so fertility gets less and less as you get older . I’ve been trying for a year and in that 3 rounds of ivf and this is my fourth cycle I am on now as 2 have been cancelled . To save the emotionally burden a little bit I am just doing natural ivf now. I am only going to do the next two months to see it through with my own eggs and then I will be looking overseas , I thought of ivf spain too for donor egg . I refuse to miss out of motherhood like so many women do because of bad relationships or financial issues or job instability or even personally just not ready .
Please do share your next steps with donor eggs . I am not too far off approaching them to organise an appointment for de . After I’ve done this cycle then I will be selecting a clinic . Much love to you as I know the griefy bit you are in now but once we accept that our only
Option is de then I think we might start to move on and get a little bit exited 😊😘x
*child not hold

·
Registered
235 Posts
@BridgetJones_uk i get that too and my daughter at just under 3 sometimes asks for a baby. It’s so hard. I’ve even had people ask is she your only . And I always say yes but I hope not for ever. I don’t know. I have told people who’ve asked when I am going to have a second about ivf and it does shut them up. I don’t really know what the right thing to do is

·
Registered
46 Posts
@PDream1980 where are you at so far? I had my scan yesterday on CD6 and this month things are moving much faster, one of my follicles was already at 15mm and I hadn’t taken any meds yet this month, so I started on some Gonal f and an antagonist last night (fyremadel this time instead of certrotide, not sure why, but it still gave me a red rash so I assume it’s a different name for the same thing.)
this cycle seems like it is progressing way faster than my first one. My body clearly really didn’t approve of the high dose stims before. I am back in on Wednesday to check progress. Fingers crossed for a better outcome this time, were 4 follicles visible so I am really hoping for 3 mature eggs.

·
Registered
289 Posts
@PDream1980 where are you at so far? I had my scan yesterday on CD6 and this month things are moving much faster, one of my follicles was already at 15mm and I hadn’t taken any meds yet this month, so I started on some Gonal f and an antagonist last night (fyremadel this time instead of certrotide, not sure why, but it still gave me a red rash so I assume it’s a different name for the same thing.)
this cycle seems like it is progressing way faster than my first one. My body clearly really didn’t approve of the high dose stims before. I am back in on Wednesday to check progress. Fingers crossed for a better outcome this time, were 4 follicles visible so I am really hoping for 3 mature eggs.
That’s good news ! Yes blasting ovaries with lower eggs reserves I think can work for some but for the most it’s better a mild push ! I am on the exact same cycle day as you , day 7 today ! Mine not so good news . I had three cysts on day two scan and only 1 , possibly 2 follicles . I have my next scan on Thursday . I have a new female doctor who I like who also does the egg collections so she said she will have to puncture all cysts on egg collection as she wouldn’t know which one had the egg as they are varying 10mm to 15mm on day 2 .
Since my results keep getting worse I am looking into donor egg already , which I’m coming to terms with and a small part of me is getting excited about it . I think because I haven’t done great so far the de will
Give more hope and better success rate . My lining was far too thin so not drugs for me now to thicken it up . Clomid really reduced the lining for me . What’s your lining thickness and E2 ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello ladies - hope everyone is getting on as best they can! I flew back into London late last night for my scan this morning, thankfully it's all looking good and don't need another scan so i can return to my holiday tomorrow morning. Lining is at 8.3mm and good blood flow. Starting pessaries on Thursday and transfer booked in for Tuesday! eeeeeee so excited to finally be here. This will be my first frozen transfer from my first cycle, feeling cautiously positive.
One thing i'm a bit worried about is that they're going to use my best embryo that was frozen on day 3 (graded AA) and then culture it for two days before transferring. I just don't want to waste an embryo as i only have 4 on ice. But i guess if it doesn't make it through culturing it won't survive the transfer.
Any tips for pre/post transfer?
xx

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yay ! Oooo exciting times coming for you !

x

Hello ladies - hope everyone is getting on as best they can! I flew back into London late last night for my scan this morning, thankfully it's all looking good and don't need another scan so i can return to my holiday tomorrow morning. Lining is at 8.3mm and good blood flow. Starting pessaries on Thursday and transfer booked in for Tuesday! eeeeeee so excited to finally be here. This will be my first frozen transfer from my first cycle, feeling cautiously positive.
One thing i'm a bit worried about is that they're going to use my best embryo that was frozen on day 3 (graded AA) and then culture it for two days before transferring. I just don't want to waste an embryo as i only have 4 on ice. But i guess if it doesn't make it through culturing it won't survive the transfer.
Any tips for pre/post transfer?
xx

·
Registered
289 Posts
Stress stress stress . I had some egg white mucus today and it’s only cycle day 7 . I’ve taken a lh test and it’s a strong positive . I’m doing a natural cycle . Emailed the clinic but comms are general quite poor so prob miss this round again as my next scan booked it Thursday . I’m hoping they will get back to me .
i didn’t expect it to be strong so I left it on the side and didn’t even look and forgot and then went back to the loo and saw it ! Oh what will be will be !

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure about my lining, she didn’t tell me, just that it was thickening up which was good. My oestradiol was 450, which I think is ok considering I hadnt started any stims yet. Fingers crossed tomorrow they will be able to tell me the lining thickness etc.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well I had a dash to the clinic for a scan . Doesn’t look like there’s a mature follcile. My lining is 8.4 so yay ! So they are going to have a talk and see if I should have the transfer for the one in the freezer or just cancel again this month. They think the surge may be to do with the cysts.

as I’m coming to terms more with de it bothers me less and less .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Can I join you? I had a frozen transfer yesterday, it’s my 5th transfer, 2nd FET, I’m hoping 5th time lucky!!! I had my 3rd surgery for endometriosis in Nov 21 where they found severe inflammation, after first two surgeries I became pregnant naturally straight away, but sadly miscarried both times. This time thought we’d do a more controlled process with meds, 1st FET didn’t work, we then went back to thaw eggs I had on ice from my late 30’s and transferred one blastocyst 4b+b- This clinic doesn’t seem to do blood tests in preparation for the FET, last clinic did a lot of blood tests including during the 2ww, it’s made me more relaxed this time round without having to do so much testing but I’m also hoping everything is OK!

I’ll catch up with everyone’s stories soon and do personals next post x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Ladies hope you are well and welcome @MSJ. Please can I have some advice please, I think its too late but what can you doing to help things. To make it feel like a positive action. I'm currently on vitamins, no alcohol anti inflammatory diet?! Limited caffeine (one aday)exercise limited due to joint pain any thing else after ET you can do??
Thanks x

·
Registered
46 Posts
Some disappointing news for me, went for my scan today and my two lead follicles have both collapsed. Either I ovulated already or more likely (as it’s only CD8) the dr says they weren’t actually eggs in there but they were just cysts. So they have cancelled this cycle, and will look to try again next month. As I only stimmed for 2 days and didn’t take any progesterone or anything else, am hoping this means my period will come on schedule and not be messed up this time.
Just means yet more delay, and with my age not being on my side, thats not a good thing. I honestly didn’t realise going into this how hard it was going to be, and how many setbacks there can be.

·
Registered
46 Posts
@BridgetJones_uk i am no way an expert but if you are going all out then I think they do suggest a more wholefood diet is best, try and cut out on refined sugars and eat more complex carbs instead.
sadly for me sugar is my treat, so I am finding it very hard to actually do that myself! I have probably put on about 7lbs since I started all this.:(

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey @MSJ welcome aboard x

I’ve been cancelled . They said no point doing a transfer as it would be slim
Chance of success due to my hormones and surging too early . I have cysts and endo . They want to do. Ca125 test which I know is a cancer test and I know I score high on that due to endo . It could be looking like I’m out altogether if they decide they don’t want to treat . I’m already looking to go abroad now for de . It’s dragging on and on . Decided I am
Going for de now even though I have this one on the freezer here from oe . I’ve def toughened up as I’m not upset at all . X

121 - 140 of 197 Posts