Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
141 - 160 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
@PDream1980 - thank you, sorry to hear this cycle has been cancelled, I know how frustrating it is to delay things but you seem to have a plan ahead and getting more tough to this process. Have you done many rounds yet? I also have Endo which I think is the main cause of my fertility problems, although working out how to overcome it is not easy! I’m also considering donor egg before using up all my frosties as well for the best chance if this one doesn’t work…where are you thinking of going?

@RoseLondon - sorry your cycle has been cancelled too, but as you say hopefully your cycle won’t be messed up too much. I know how frustrating it is though. My current cycle was delayed by a few months as this clinic wanted to first create embryos with my frozen eggs and freeze them and only the start doing tests to prepare for FET and they wanted to screen for breast cancer which really delayed things as the clinic that did the mammogram advised me to get an ultrasound on the breast via the nhs, but they didn’t send the blooming images!!! Which meant nhs couldn’t discharge me and my fertility clinic refused to give the go ahead until the nhs breast clinic discharged me, which took a lot of phonecalls to try and get things moving…anyway we got there in the end but it was just another hurdle we didn’t need

@BridgetJones_uk, - thank you. Of course I’ll help as much as I can. I think you’re already doing quite a lot of the right things. Obviously no alcohol, caffeine. As I have Endo I’m on anti inflammatory diet too, so no gluten or dairy, no refined sugar, red meat only once a week, avoid BPA in plastic products much as you can, drink either filtered tap water or bottled water in glass bottles. Lots of veg, red, yellow, orange for the carotene and cruciferius veg (greens). My nutritionist said plate should be 50% veg, 30% protein and 20% complex carbs. Try eat organic where you can, but if something has a thick skin I.e. like a banana it’s probably less important. Supplements including probiotics, food that’s good for the gut like kefir. I can go on but you also don’t want to become too stressed about the whole thing either. After ET, the nurse told me this time no exercise other than walking, nutritionist advise is to eat warming food (like warm porridge, soup), keep back, tummy and feet warm. Although that probably won’t be a problem in this heat! And lots of fluid. No hot baths, sauna, swimming in chlorinated water etc… I can see you have your transfer coming up, all the very best of luck for that! X

@Ayian123 - best of luck with your upcoming transfer!

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone

AFM - day 2 of 2WW and mind is playing tricks on me already… my anxiety isn’t as bad as last time but it’s still a very difficult process to go through each time. I think the steroids do keep me up at night too Ugg

Reactions: Ayian123

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I’m 38 and starting my first IVF cycle this month. Egg collection will probably be end of Aug/start of Sep. I’ve been following this thread and it really shows how hard this process is and the toll it takes both physically and emotionally- you all have such strength. I am going through this solo so it’s really nice that there is a group that understands the ups and downs that each person will go through.
Best of luck to everyone at the different stages of their journey.

·
Registered
289 Posts
@PDream1980 - thank you, sorry to hear this cycle has been cancelled, I know how frustrating it is to delay things but you seem to have a plan ahead and getting more tough to this process. Have you done many rounds yet? I also have Endo which I think is the main cause of my fertility problems, although working out how to overcome it is not easy! I’m also considering donor egg before using up all my frosties as well for the best chance if this one doesn’t work…where are you thinking of going?

@RoseLondon - sorry your cycle has been cancelled too, but as you say hopefully your cycle won’t be messed up too much. I know how frustrating it is though. My current cycle was delayed by a few months as this clinic wanted to first create embryos with my frozen eggs and freeze them and only the start doing tests to prepare for FET and they wanted to screen for breast cancer which really delayed things as the clinic that did the mammogram advised me to get an ultrasound on the breast via the nhs, but they didn’t send the blooming images!!! Which meant nhs couldn’t discharge me and my fertility clinic refused to give the go ahead until the nhs breast clinic discharged me, which took a lot of phonecalls to try and get things moving…anyway we got there in the end but it was just another hurdle we didn’t need

@BridgetJones_uk, - thank you. Of course I’ll help as much as I can. I think you’re already doing quite a lot of the right things. Obviously no alcohol, caffeine. As I have Endo I’m on anti inflammatory diet too, so no gluten or dairy, no refined sugar, red meat only once a week, avoid BPA in plastic products much as you can, drink either filtered tap water or bottled water in glass bottles. Lots of veg, red, yellow, orange for the carotene and cruciferius veg (greens). My nutritionist said plate should be 50% veg, 30% protein and 20% complex carbs. Try eat organic where you can, but if something has a thick skin I.e. like a banana it’s probably less important. Supplements including probiotics, food that’s good for the gut like kefir. I can go on but you also don’t want to become too stressed about the whole thing either. After ET, the nurse told me this time no exercise other than walking, nutritionist advise is to eat warming food (like warm porridge, soup), keep back, tummy and feet warm. Although that probably won’t be a problem in this heat! And lots of fluid. No hot baths, sauna, swimming in chlorinated water etc… I can see you have your transfer coming up, all the very best of luck for that! X

@Ayian123 - best of luck with your upcoming transfer!

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone

AFM - day 2 of 2WW and mind is playing tricks on me already… my anxiety isn’t as bad as last time but it’s still a very difficult process to go through each time. I think the steroids do keep me up at night too Ugg

Hi @MSJ ….. well I am slightly torn as to where. My periods have gone irregular. Also I have three cysts. The reason for going to cyrpus was to have my own egg collected and a donor egg and having a tandem transfer, plus it’s anonymous. However what’s concerning me now is that I don’t want to go to the expense and the cycle be cancelled. I’ve now had three cancelled back to back in the uk. Travel will cost 2k alone for one visit for a de cycle and I think it’s highly unlikely I would line up my own natural cycle with a donor so either my embryo (if I even got one ) and the donor egg embryo would have to be frozen and then another trip for a transfer. So freezing and fet is 3k plus the 6k for the de cycle. So it’s totted up to 11k.

I think because I am not such an easy case with cysts and irregular periods I don’t know if it’s best to just use a donor in the uk but I prefer anonymity (I think ). Then I have a uk clinic to do the relevant scans etc so I’m not wasting a trip out there.

I suppose I could just suck up the cost and go for what is my perference as a tandem cycle but I think my chances now of producing an oe embryo is a long shot. For example this month I had an lh surge on day 7 so everything cancelled .

So are you going to do the same where you start with plan b even though you have some in the freezer . I think for me it’s preparing for plan b since we know how long things take and getting the decision making done .

Oh what to do …. As I’m paid up front for another 2 cycles here maybe I could
Use that benefit and if I’m having a normal month and things looking good I could then book to Go to cyrpus instead and not have an egg collection here . Mmmmm , mmmmmm . Then I’m not flying out blind . Mmmmm .

Hellllp ! X x anyone lol x

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello ladies - hope everyone is getting on as best they can! I flew back into London late last night for my scan this morning, thankfully it's all looking good and don't need another scan so i can return to my holiday tomorrow morning. Lining is at 8.3mm and good blood flow. Starting pessaries on Thursday and transfer booked in for Tuesday! eeeeeee so excited to finally be here. This will be my first frozen transfer from my first cycle, feeling cautiously positive.
One thing i'm a bit worried about is that they're going to use my best embryo that was frozen on day 3 (graded AA) and then culture it for two days before transferring. I just don't want to waste an embryo as i only have 4 on ice. But i guess if it doesn't make it through culturing it won't survive the transfer.
Any tips for pre/post transfer?
xx
@Auisn123 8.3 is great for your lining! You’ll have a better chance of success with a day 5 blasto, so try not to worry! I would go for a gentle walk after the transfer, don’t lift anything heavier than a couple of kilos in the 2ww, you could try taking a good quality fish oil, it helps with inflammation, and keep your feet warm. Have you booked in for acupuncture before and after the transfer? Good luck! Very exciting!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
@IzzyQ thanks so much for the tips! I haven’t considered acupuncture, I’m in a bit of a needle phobe so I think the stress would outweigh the benefits lol.
omg started the pessaries yesterday - so gross! X

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey @PDream1980 ! I’m at create clinic so they do mild meds. Started taking estrogen tablets 3x daily on day 2 of my period and then I started taking progesterone pessaries 3 x daily since Thursday and my transfer is on Tuesday. Also taking fertility vitamins daily x

·
Registered
289 Posts
Will there be any trigger shots or anything like that or just the tablets and pessaries ?

So much luck for Tuesday ! Are your afs regular ? Mine all of a sudden haven’t been . I have an embryo at create too . So I will be doing that at some point .

Have you had any side effects ? X

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nope, just rock up on Tuesday, just tablets and pessaries thankfully!
My periods are regular-ish - maybe 1 day either side. After egg collection it was about 4 days late. No discernible side effects so far, just a bit tired and boobs a bit tender.
what are you on? X

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don’t know yet . I like you have it quite mild. I am hoping that’s all I will need !

I wasn’t able to have a transfer as my periods have started to be irregular so I surged lh at day 7 with no mature follcile so that’s me out , again ! X

·
Registered
21 Posts
@PDream1980 that is such a hard decision. I have friends who have gone abroad due to donor anonminity and others that have stayed in the UK. The best decision will come to you and it will the best decision for then and there. There is nothing stopping you starting to find out more about both processes to help you decide. I don't have any experience but there are always people here willing to listen x

Thanks for the advice @MSJ. I'm not doing too well already this morning. Sat with my coffee my only vice as I have a ton to do before going to the clinic as it's transfer day. I used to get really excited about this, but less so as time goes on. Just hope the embryo defrosts OK.🤞🤞 and then sticks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
@RoseLondon and @PDream1980 sorry to hear your cycles have been cancelled. Mine has also been cancelled now due to rising progesterone levels. I’m sad but not massively surprised- feel like this round has been one issue after another. Good luck to everyone else, I feel like this thread is well overdue some positive news! 😊

·
Registered
289 Posts
Oh no I’m sorry @CamiB . We are very much die some positive news on here . There’s a lady who has been successful and disappeared , quite rightly , but I hope she updates.

Why did they cancel due to progesterone levels . I forget where everybody is , was it a transfer you were having ? X hugs as I remember my first canx and I cried my eyes out xx

·
Registered
10 Posts
it was meant to be a FET, I’m not completely sure but I think rising progesterone indicated that I had ovulated despite being on progynova, plus they’d spotted some fluid on my scans so decided it would be better to cancel. I’m extremely fortunate as I have a daughter from my last FET so it doesn’t hurt as much this time round and all being well they’ll switch me back to that protocol next time round in September/October time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
@DeeKel20 welcome to the thread and good for you going solo! All the very best of luck

@PDream1980 its a difficult decision isn’t it? Sounds like you have some options to mull over. Did you pay for 3 cycles upfront? What does your current clinic suggest regarding your cysts? I think it’s still cheaper doing DE abroad even with flights than UK?

I’m still undecided, but have already started thinking about DE, we have been thinking about Serum as I already had some tests done there and they seem to cover most things such as immunes etc I’m also a complicated case with endo. My gut feeling is that it’s implantation issues due to Endo as twice now soon as I had surgery I became pregnant naturally. IVF hasn’t worked so far. We’d always created blastocysts so although we didn’t get it genetically tested feel like embryo quality was the problem. I only have a few left in the freezer now, but can’t help thinking maybe it’ll just be a lot quicker and easier with DE, or maybe it’ll help to rule out if it is implantation issues using DE… and if so think about surrogacy as well… think will do a bit of research on this…

@BridgetJones_uk hope your transfer went ok today! It’s difficult to be good with everything, I think genetics probably has the biggest part to play in whether it is successful or not.

@CamiB sorry your cycle was cancelled

@Ayian123 how are you finding Create?

AFM - day 4 of my 2WW, today we went for a little shopping trip, I was on my feet for 1 hour and it completely wiped me out! I had to get DH to queue up to pay while I rested and when I got home I was so exhausted I fell asleep! And been resting all evening. Gosh this cycle the meds really do seem to be taking it’s toll on my body! Anyone else feel really tired from the meds? I’m hoping I haven’t over done it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
@DeeKel20 welcome.

@CamiB sorry it was cancelled. Hope you feel okay. I cried so much the first time we were cancelled.

@MSJ thanks and good luck.

AFM - transfer went okay. I was really dehydrated as it was so hot despite drinking a fountain of water but still got good views. They were really happy with the blastocyst. This one is a day 5 3AB. But we have failed FET with a lovely looking 5AB and my daughter is a 5AA so I really don't hold much on their encouragement anymore.
Still waiting for my progesterone levels to come back. I've had some spotting and it still all feels a bit sore but not as bad as last time so hoping it will settle down.

Have a good weekend. X

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey msg. I am create for own egg 3 cycles . I suppose it’s a little budget and if you’re not a straight forward case I would steer to serum . Since it’s budget expect Ryan air and not virgin atlantic . What you see advertised is not what you pay with create either .

I have decided on serum for de and I may , just may try once with own egg and ovary rejuvenation but not sure whether I do that it go straight to donor egg . I have had good feedback from people about them and my own experience has been excellent so far . The opposite of create .

I feel happy I know what I’m doing . It just feels a bit weird going for de first before oe in the freezer but I want two children and there’s no hope in hell I will produce two myself . I would be very lucky producing one . Plus the miscarriage rates high with my oe so what I don’t want is having own egg transfer and a a miscarriage after a few months and the heartbreak that would bring and then the recovery time . I think if I already had a child then the pain would be less . I know it’s very pragmatic but that’s how I have got . So that little embryo I have if I don’t produce anymore will have to sit there for a little while yet I think x x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

I know the official and logical Answer to this is to be calm And I know I shouldn’t have done early tests, but I did and I’m hoping for any stories (positive or negative) from another with similar experiences.

I had some light spotting, brown in colour and only visible when wiping days 1 and 2dp5dt. I posted on here and calmed down after the responses. The spotting stopped on 2dp5dt.

I have been testing using FRER tests and had positives since 6dp5dt and each day the positive has got darker.

this mornings test looked the same as yesterdays, which I realise can mean absolutely nothing because the hgc levels generally double every 48 hours. However, today I’ve had heavier flow (more than “spotting” when wiping, but less than a normal period for me) and the colour seems to be changing from a pale brown/pink colour to what is definitely more of a red hue. There seems to be small clots and I’ve had some cramping.

my treatment is with nhs so no beta test is offered, just a hpt on day 14. I’m considering paying for private blood tests as I just want to know what’s happening either way, but it’s Saturday afternoon here and private clinics won’t open until Monday.

please share any honest stories of your experiences. Thank you!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey hope hurts ! I was on a thread and a lady had the same and all was fine. It seems common for cramping and bleeding. As if there hasn’t been enough to stress about !

I think you won’t know either way which is horrible but I would try and look to the positive of implantation .xx

141 - 160 of 198 Posts