Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wondering if anyone will do an IUI next week or so.  I'm on my second attempt with clomid.  Keeping up with my acupuncture too and just eating healthy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Pawre,

Yep - me! I'm on day 3 today and this will be my 3rd go of iui - other goes have all been natural cycles but this time i'm having stimulated cycle with Clomid and Menopur.  Am also doing healthy eating, vitamin thing - i'm more or less veggie but will now avoid soya too this time after all the stuff a few weeks ago about that! Have not tried acupuncture................

Good luck to us both  :)

Nixie x

·
Registered
127 Posts
hi pawre and nixie

i am on iui in july.  my third attempt.  i am currently on day 7.  am using injections with puregon and supercur.  i have my next scan on monday morning, 4th july.  another scan on wednesday 6th.  with basting most probably being friday 8th, after the lovely pregnyl injection!
i am trying everything i can think of this cycle - reflexology, accupunture, marilyn glenville vits, wheatgrass tablets and nutrition (no gluten, diary or sugar - i really don't get on with sugar and gluten).
so if this cycle is not successful, i am not sure what more i could try!!  perhaps trying less hard and more moderation!!!  but i've never been known for my moderation ;D ;D ;D

do you know when you might be basting?

good luck to both of you.  i wish you all the luck in the world.
crxxxx

·
Registered
127 Posts
whoops forgot to say i've also binned all my soya products since last months anti soya press.
eating and drinking lots of pineapple.
but no orange underwear as yet!!
yes, i think i am trying too hard!!!!!
good luck to you both.
crxxxxx

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi every one, im very new to this ,i have just been basted on tuesday
it is my first time of doing this i haven't had any hormone drugs so this is a natural attempt and i dont mind saying very nerve racking.

goodluck to every one hope it is a success for you all fingers crossed thinking of you all

mitsy o

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Hiya,

I am also having iui this month(will be my 1st),I am currently on 2nd month of clomid ,Im only day 2 at the mo but my cycle normally lasts 32-33 days.I spoke to the fertility nurse at the hospital today and she has booked me in for my first scan on day 14,and she said hopefully if I am at the right stage to have the basting on the fri,but I bet you any money that I wont be ready till the weekend when they are closed!!!!! ^eyes^.

Just want to say best of luck to all of you with this cycle-keep us up to date!!

I don't know about you lot but im really nervous???

Kelly x

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Everyone!

I'm so excited that someone replied to me :)  BTW, I'm on Day 3 now.  I hope I don't get any side effects with the clomid.  I didn't last month.  I'm taking 100mg dose for 5 days.  Is 5 days the norm?

CRX, you are taking wheatgrass.  Do you know about barley and spirulina?  IT is ok during ttc?  Before ttc, I was rotating these superfoods.  I noticed "it is best to avoid spirulina during pregnancy" so I'm thinking TTC too.... I read it on one of those energy bars (that had spirulina in it).

For soya products, does that include soya sauce?  Yes, I don't have tofu/soya either.

Oh does anyone know, if clomid and herbs mix?  especially red raspberry leaf tea  (although I'm not sure if it helped) since my lining seems to be on the thin side.  I also drink red clover herbal tea.

Lot of baby dust to us all!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Pawre

Just thought I would say to ask Holly about the teas you mentioned.  Post on the IUI 87 thread as I heard that Raspberry Leaf tea not a good idea.

Holly is a great source of info.

Take Care

Jane12

·
Registered
127 Posts
hi pawre

i would advise any soya products in whatever form from the info i have read.

as to barley, spirulina, unfortunately i can't help.  perhaps a web search might produce some information for you?  but it sounds as if it might not be the best thing to consume if contra-indicated in preg.

as jane12 says, holly c, is an expert on teas.  she won't mind if you PM her direct.  she is away this weekend i believe, hence she probably won't be able to respond until next week.  i too seem to recall that raspberry leaf wasn't advised during ttc.  i think another tea beginning with "r" is a good substitute, sorry cannot remember the correct name, but holly definitely knows.  i'm not a tea or coffee person, not a health thing, just prefer water really.

sorry my knowledge is only as good what directly affects me.  you could post a thread specifically re barley and spirulina and/or the tea.

good luck
crxxxx

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Hi,
Am now on my 4th iui.  Had bad news though, FSH gone up again to 14.3 so bit gutted as it was 9.4 last month & 16 month before!!

Am going to drink tons of fresh pineapple & loads of wheatgrass to try & reduce it!

Goodluck to everyone else!
Jess x

·
Registered
94 Posts
WHEN DO YOU HAVE YOUR ACCUPUNCTURE DURING THE IUI CYCLE?  THINKING OF TRYING IT....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi we are on our third attempt at IUI, the last one was October last year, we decided to have a break and have just started the rollercoaster this month, I am day 13 today and I am getting basted on THursday, I took Clomid for five days and have produced three good follicle's, I just have to inject tonight to ripen them, a bit scared again as I want it to work so much, been trying to be healthy but got taken into hospital last week, with a really nasty foot infection (celluitis) and was kept in for four days!!!!!!I checked with my gynae and they said we were fine to continue the treatmnet, my foot is all better, so I've got some time off from work and I've just been chilling ready to get pregnant! it's my birthday Sunday so we're going out all weekend, so that'll be great.
Anyway GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!baby dust to you all ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info about the teas. Baby dust to all!

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Hi Searly,

Iam one my 2nd month of clomid and I am going for my first scan the day before you!!!!!I will keep you posted-let us know how you go on!!

Dont know about you but I am getting really excited(and nervous)

Kelly x

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi!

I'm hopefully doing a July IUI too. Attempt no.4 with clomid so well used to the scans and the basting. I have a day 9 scan at the end of the week so hoping that there's something to see then as I have a shortish cycle.

Always trying to be healthy but the will power escapes me sometimes. Also, I got pregnant my first IUI cycle having had a bit of a binge on champagne at a friends house a few days after the IUI so I'm not sure whether complete abstinence is the key to success. It's all down to luck which makes it so hard when you're unlucky time after time.

Fingers and toes crossed for all!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi,

i've just got back from 1st scan (day 8 today) and have 2 follies looking ok with another 3 little ones hiding in the background.  I'm really pleased as it looks like the drugs have worked - my previous iui cycles have all been natural and although i've had follies they've always been small with the largest never more than 11-12mm.

Am managing the healthy thing quite well so far - am awash with herbal tea and water, but like you katie, do give in at times - have our anniversary, weekend away at festival and my big '40' birthday this month, so will just have to see how it goes!!

Good luck everyone,

Nixie x

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
hi girls just had some great news from the hospital i can start iui (no 4) tonight. i have to inject menopur so fingers crossed. i didnt think i would be allowed so very happy . so girls if you will have me i will be going through the same as youi hope all your treatments go well and look forward to reading about all your  ^BFP^ good luck and loads of  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ love sunny24 xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Hiya Sunny,

Thats fab news!!!Hope your 4th go is your last go!!!!!Keep us posted!!1The days are just dragging for me this week-My scan is next thurs and I want it to be next week already!!!!

Best of luck x
Kelly

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.