Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Fab, I got in here first!!!

Jenbob - LOL (sorry). Hope it didnt hurt. I think having twins makes you a bit  ^idiot^. A few weeks ago I was out shopping and when I got back to the car I got into the back seat, put my seatbelt on and sat there for a good few seconds before I realised I was on my own and therefore had to drive the thing. I had to get out of the car and get into the drivers seat in front of a supermarket car park full of people. Very embarrassing. I have also tried to open the front door a few times with the remote control for the car.  I have got a door bouncer which Phoebe loves but Scarlet just kind of hangs there and waits for me to bounce her. I will give it another go though and see how we get on. 

I bumped into a girl today in Waitrose who came up to see the girls cos she was 3 months pregnant with twins herself, also via IVF. Is it just me or do you all find yourselves constantly talking to mothers/grandmothers/siblings of twins who just come up and chat?? It's great - like being in a club - but sometimes I just want to shop.

Off for a large glass of vino now whilst DH reads a story to the girls. I expect that Scarlet is already snoring her head off  ;D

Flakey x

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
PS. Fone - meant to say that my twins came at 35 weeks and were referred to as feeders and growers. A bit small and couldnt suck but didnt need any special care beyond tube feeding. They were in hospital for 10 days and both weighed 4lbs 9oz (Scarlet) and 41lbs 13oz (Phoebe). Good luck.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi girls,

Blimey, where did June go? I cant believe my boys are 4 weeks old today. We had them weighed today and they are still putting on weight nicely. Jake had put on 13 ounces taking him to 7lb 14 and Kayden had put on 8 ounces making him 6lb 14. They are now out of their prem clothes and into their big boys newborn clothes  ;D

Jen - i have been a bit clumsy lately too, must be a twin thing! Hope you are ok now.

Fone - although my boys were born at 37 weeks i had a few false alarms from 29 weeks. Have you been offered the injection to mature their lungs? If they were to arrive now i am sure they would be fine but they would have to be tube fed and be in scbu so try to cook them a bit longer  :)

Trudy - hope you are feeling better now. My dh needs reminding to pull his weight every so often too. He is good with the feeds but i seem to be the one doing the housework every day, it would be nice if he could wash up once in a while-bloody men!!! Mind you, he is back to work Sunday so i had best be nice to him  ;D

Right, i had best bung all the bottles in the sterilisers before eastenders.

Love to all,

L xx

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi girls

Just wondering if you want just the mummies on this list or the bump girls as well. I have posted the full list but if anyone thinks of something better jsut let me know.

Megan

·
Registered
371 Posts
Twin Mummies

Gwen - Liam & Patrick 19/03/92 ^blueted^ ^blueted^
Cuthbert (Jules) - Daniel & Charlotte 22/3/02 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^
Sal - Barney & Jack 19/10/03 ^blueted^ ^blueted^
CJ - Charlie & Finley 1/1/0/04 ^blueted^ ^blueted^
Flakey - Phoebe & Scarlet 15/10/04 ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^
Gihickman (Gina) Daniel & Catriona 3/12/04 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^
Shelly - Lucas & Freya ^blueted^ ^pinkted^
Janshe (Jan) - Harvey & Toby 10/11/04 ^blueted^ ^blueted^
Tweety Pie (Susan) - Louise & James 26/12/04 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^
Mcmak (Kathryn) - Rebecca & Sophie 28/12/04 ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^
Olley Onion (Katie) - George & Grace 04/01/05 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^
JenBob (Jen) - Sophie & Lewis 29/01/05 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^
Kyra - Molly & Rose 20/2/05 ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^
Kiera - Allanah & Gabriella 04/03/05 ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^
Mimtusk (Kate) - Thea & TJ 04/03/05 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^
Sarah 102 - Martha & **** ? 08/03/05 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^
KT (Kerry) - Matthew & James â€" 22/3/05 ^blueted^ ^blueted^
NicJ (Nic) - Megan & Abbie 22/03/05 ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^
FionaIM - Ewan & Erin 02/04/05 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^
Morgan - Robin & Oliver 08/04/05 ^blueted^ ^blueted^
Janis18 (Jane) - Katherine & Anna 21/04/05 ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^
NicNack - Isobel & Max 25/04/05 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^
Lara - Alexander & Harris 05/05/05 ^blueted^ ^blueted^
Queen of Sheba - Oliver 15/05/05 & Megan 16/05/05 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^
AlicC (Ali) - Ellis & Ruby 24/05/05 ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^
Tequila (Leanne) - Kayden & Jake ^blueted^ ^blueted^
Trudy - Olivia & Benjamin 08/06/05 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^
Lorraine - Emma & Matthew 08/06/05 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^

2 Boys = 8
2 Girls = 7
1 of Each = 13

Twin Bumpers

Westies - EDD 12/07/05 2 Suprises!!
Hannx (Hannah) - EDD 26/07/05 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^
Fizzy - EDD 09/08/05 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^

Shelley121 - EDD 15/08/05 2 Suprises!!
Fone -EDD 21/08/05 ^blueted^ ^pinkted^

Joana (Jo) - EDD 07/10/05 2 Suprises!!

Auggie - EDD 09/10/05 2 Suprises!!
Jasper (Char) - EDD 14/10/05 ^blueted^ ^blueted^

KatyA (Katy) - EDD 18/10/05 2 Surprises!!

Sal1136 (Sal) - EDD 19/10/05 2 Surprises!!

Squew (Sue) - EDD 26/10/05 2 Surprises!!

Dinoswife (Orla) - EDD 28/10/05 - 2 Surprises !!

Buzz EDD 15/11/05 - ^blueted^ & 1 Surprise !!

AussieMeg (Megan) EDD 18/11/05 - 2 Surprises!!

Lilypie (Helen) EDD 2/12/05 - 2 Surprises!!

Longbaygirl (Joy) - EDD 2/12/05 2 Surprises !!

Andy99 - EDD 5/12/05 2 Surprises !!

Bex - EDD 10/12/05 2 Surprises !!

DebbieA (Debbie) - EDD 14/12/05 - 2 Surprises!!

Lisa-anne (Lisa) - 17/12/05 - 2 Surprises!!

Sheila - EDD 01/01/06 - 2 Surprises!!

Country Girl - EDD 10/01/06 - 2 Surprises!!

Karry (Karen) - EDD 10/01/06 - 2 Surprises!!

Caro70 (Caroline) EDD 17/01/06 - 2 Surprises!!

Tracey J - EDD 15/01/06 - 2 Surprises!!

Jellyhead (Jayne) - EDD 04/02/06 - 2 Surprises!!

EDD??
Zippy - ^blueted^ ^pinkted^

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I've been missed off again  :'( :'( :'(

Please add me to the list KT (Kerry) - Matthew and James - 22/3/05

Hope everyone is well?

Fone I have sent you an IM

Just saying hello have to go as we're off out with the boys.

love
Kerry

PS Jen - thanks for the email - love the pics will try to send you some tonight

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi
Gosh, no sooner than I discover there is a June thread, we are in July already, will try and catch up as soon as poss, but I have a nightmare trying to  find time for myself at the mo!

DH is doing more than his fair share so its not him, but there is sooo much to do. Matthew is mega colicy and we are going to see a cranial osteopath on Friday and we are pinning all of our hopes on that as he is just screaming all time and we are gettin 3-4 hours sleep per night tops/

Hope everyone else is getting on better than me!
Lorraine

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
gosh it's very quiet on here! I haven't been able to access the forum for a while though so I'm presuming it's the same for everyone?

hope you and your babies are all well!! Megan and Abbie are good and have just gone down for the night. Had a very quiet weekend of not doing an awful lot! got a busy few days coming up and got the christening a week on Sunday so have lots to organise and need to sort my tip of a house out for the guests we have to stay that weekend!

Hi Trudy - sounds like Olivia might be going through a growth spurt? It should only last a few days or so if that's what it is. Or if it's just in the evening it might be that she is crying with overtiredness rather than hunger?
We still can't go out without being accosted by a million people all wanting to have a look at the girls! Sometimes it's nice but sometimes i just want to get on and i am fed up of being told double trouble. so annoying!!!
hope your other half's ankle improves soon so he can help out a bit more!

Lorraine - poor you and Matthew. bless him. Hope your appt on Friday goes well and that you get some sleep this week. xx

Kerry - aah poor you being missed again! I spotted that too as your boys have the same birthday as my girls. how are Matthew and James doing? have you had them weighed recently? Let me know when you are in London by the way and we can try and meet up? will you be driving down as you might drive past me if you come down the A1M!

Leanne- Jake and Kayden sound as if they are doing well! the time does go so quickly doesn't it? i just can't believe my girls are 15 weeks tomorrow. so scary! i can't remember my life without them now!! i guess we just have to remember to savour every moment!

Flakey - I am very forgetful at the moment too. so annoying! i have to write lists all the time just to remind myself to do silly things! am always losing my keys aswell!! my DH goes nuts at me!! ;D

Jane - how is the move going? I am presuming that's why we haven't heard from you in a while. hope you, Anna and Katherine are ok.

Kirsty - how are you and the boys?

hope everyone else is ok and hope to see lots of posts from you all soon!! it's too quiet!!

right got to go and do some photo editing of all the photos I took in June! am trying to get photos developed once a month now but i took about 200 photos last month! hmmm! ::)

love nicxx

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi Girls
Trying to get back into posting more regularly, I really miss  being in the loop and keeping up with everyones news.
Leanne - Sounds like your two are doing well and putting on good weight. My two are being weighed on Wednesday, last time Matthew had put on 1 pound and Emma 13 oz.

Trudy - poor you having to do all the feeds you must be exhausted. Do you feed them both together or one after the other? Surely Ian could do a feed if you bring one of the babies to him? You must keep you strength up! My friends husband fell down the stairs when her twins were 4 days old, he broke both ankles, she used the advantage that he couldn't disappear when it was feeding/changing times!!!!!

We tried Matthew and Emma with Gripe water today (2 days early as it is supposed to be from 1 month). Seemed to work quite well.

Where is Jane?? Not seen her post for a while?
Take care all ad speak to you soon.
Lorraine

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi Ladies!

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

We went to a rotary BBQ (my FIL is in the local rotary) and played pass the baby!! We felt really proud and Sophie and Lewis were the centre of attention. I must say though that we had enough by mid-afternoon and just wanted to hold our babies with no interuptions for a while...but it wasn't going to happen.
Anyway, other than that I tried them with some pureed pear and rice tonight, which seemed to be like. We're off to see a cranial osteopath too on friday (for lewis), so fingers crossed for that.

Oh and is anyone else watching GMTV this week?...they have a twins and multiples week, I watched it today between flicking over to Big Brother on channel 4.

Nic - Im doing the same as you with the photos, but just put the photos on a disc and take them to one of those kodak kiosk things and choose my favourite ones to put in an album. Already it's lovely looking back on the early days. Can't believe you've sorted the christening already, you must be very organised. How many people are you inviting??

Trudy - I agree with Nic, it sounds like Olivia may be having a growth spurt so hang in there! Sounds like you are doing really well and I fed mine on demand till they were about 8 weeks. Your hard work will be paid off when you get her weighed. Maybe you could put one of the cots next to your DH so he can help with the nighttime feeds...I bet he's loving it at the moment! Or you could try faking an injury of your own  ;D

Flakey - Glad to hear Im not the only one!! I told my DH about your car-park moment ;D and he said that's the kind of thing I would do. Your not alone when it comes to not being able to shop in peace, it is lovely, but not when your in a hurry or when they ask stupid questions.

Kerry - glad you got the e-mail, I wasn't sure I'd typed your address properly...would love to see some photos of james and mathew, but I  know your stuck for time so no hurry.

Lorraine - we too are taking lewis to see a cranial osteopath on friday, so you will have to let us know how it goes. I am willing to try anything to help our little man with his reflux and I think it was shelly that mentioned about a cranial osteopath...I'd never heard of one before. I know everyone is telling you, but, it will get a bit easier...hang in there flower xxx  ^daisy^

Leanne - glad to hear your boys are growing nicely. x

Susan - Hope you and Louise and james are all well. x

Hi katie, kathryn, shelly, jane, morgan, and anyone I missed hope your all o.k.
Night all
Jen xx

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hey girls
Glad the server is back up - missed this place and haven't been able to post for days.

Trudy - poor Olivia, does sound like a growth spurt so I hope it passes soon for you.

Jen- let us know how the cranial ost goes, I'm really interested to hear.

ok, bobs has woken so must be quick but wanted some advice.
Robin has been starting to really scream at his 7pm feed time.  Usually if he's screaming because he's hungry, he goes quiet as soon as he gets the bottle in his mouth but now he is still scfreaming and won't take the bottle at all, just has a proper hissy fit, never been this bad before ever.  It's been taking over an hour to feed him the last few evenings and he is wearing himself out.  do you think it is just colic?  they are 12 weeks now so should be getting over that I thought.  It only seems to be at this time.  I wondered if he didn't like the Apat;mil 2 but he takes it fine at his 11pm feed.  you think he is just overtired / hungry /colicky?

got to go, hi to everyone, sorry no personals this time
xxx kirsty

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi girls,

Hope everyone is well. I feel a bit grotty today, like i am coming down with flu or something  :mad: Rob took today off work and let me have the morning in bed which was nice.

Kayden and Jake have been a little erratic with their feeds over the past few days so Rob and i are going to be quite strict over the next few days and try to get them back into a 4 hourly routine. Poor Rob is finding the night feeds a struggle when he has to be up for work as they have been 3 hourly lately, he falls asleep whilst feeding them  ;D

Morgan - good to hear from you, sorry i cant help with your colicky problem we have been quite lucky so far although we are suffering with 2 sicky babies  ::)

Jen - i keep meaning to watch gmtv but its not happened yet. I wake up with plans to do this that and the other and before i know it, its bedtime!!!

Lorraine - sounds as though your two are doing well and putting weight on nicely. funny to think they can put a whole pound on in one week, we must be doing something right!!

Nic - you sound like my dh snapping away with your camera!! We use www.photobox.co.uk for our pics as printing them out on our printer was costing a fortune and trying to get to a shop to have them done just wasnt happening. I think they cost about 12p per pic and they always arrive within 2 days of sending them. where do you get yours done?

Trudy - you poor thing doing all the feeds. When does Ian go back to work? I know what you mean about exercising, i cannot wait until i am given the all clear at my 6 week check so i can start running again. I have been tempted to start again this week but i guess i should be sensible. I too have the flabby belly  :mad: My tummy seems to be as flat as it was pre pregnancy but i have loads of saggy skin, and i cant lose the weight off my thighs. I think i could fit into my pre pregnancy trousers if i could get the damn things past my thighs!!!! Oh well, i start slimfast tomorrow  :)

Right, i had better get some dinner on. I have put a few pics of the boys in the gallery if you fancy a nose  :)

Love to all,

L xx

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi
Just a quickey - Another place to get your photos done is bonus print.co.uk. you can download their softwear and do it all online, they are 12p and then go down to 9p once you order so many, we got 250 done the other week (got 5 copies of each for all of the family) and it only cost us £25.00 and we got them downloaded onto disc too!
Take care
Lorraine

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I've not been able to get on the site properly for a day or so - glad things are back to normal again.

What a vile and miserable day it's been here  :mad: - I wanted a walk but it really has been teeming rain so I gave it a miss.  We went for lunch today with my Nana and Grandad which was nice.  The pub that we normally go to is quiet but today it was busy and although we managed to get a seat in non-smoking, we were bordering the smoking section and someone nearby was smoking a cigar!!!!  It bloody stunk and poor Grace was coughing - I have such a problem with smoking and I'm worse than ever now I have the babies  :mad: :mad: :mad:  Anyway I had a lovely cajun chicken ciabatta  :p :p :p :p and profiteroles for afters... mmm

Trudy - I too have a bit of a saggy tum too.  I have lost most of my weight but my tummy is definately not the toned six pack of old  ;D ;D  I keep saying I'll start some sit ups but to be honest I can't be arsed!  When the babies go to bed it's like "exercise or drink wine" and there's just no contest... Oh well.  I found hungry baby milk good for Grace - she wasn't drinking enough at one point and it did seem to pad her out a bit and help her sleep.

Nic - You are very organised with the Christening indeed!  I have bought Grace's dress but not sorted any of the details out yet such as a church  ;D ^idiot^ ;D  We are hoping for October time but I really must get my finger out.  Dh is off next week for a couple of days so we may sort something out then..

Jen - Glad you had a nice time at the BBQ.  Did you get them both a new outfit?  I'm always so proud of my two too!!  Will IM you soon xx

Kirsty - Sounds like a nightmare!  My two have a 'dark hour' about 6pm until we get them in the bath at 7pm. They are generally vile and winge horribly.  It may just be they are overtired.  George was colicy but that was all the time not just on one feed.  Sorry I can't really help - I hope it sorts itself out soon.

Leanne - Hope you're feeling better soon.  I have started with a sore throat and I'm far to busy to be ill so it had better go!!!!

Right the MIL has just arrived unannounced  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ - the babies are in bed though so tough luck on that front  ;D ;D ;D

I have put some recent piccies of the bubs in the gallery.  They are getting sooo big.

Love,

Katie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Hi everyone
Sorry I haven’t got on in a while but my mum’s been here – it’s been great having the help but it’s also nice to have the boys back just for me during the day – if you know what I mean!!!
Thanks for putting me on the list
Lorraine – hope the cranial osteopath goes well – let us know how you get on.

Trudy – sorry not sure what to suggest with Olivia – we have found hungry baby milk worked with our 2 but they are a bit older. Could it just be a growth spurt?? Hope you sort it out soon.

Nic – How are my boys girlfriends doing?? We had them weighed today. James is 11lb 7oz and Matthew is 10lb 13oz. They have both moved onto the next centile thingy and the HV is dead pleased with them – we’ve been discussing weaning today – sounds like fun. When are you planning on weaning Abbie and Megan?
We are coming down to London at the end of August/beginning of September. We do go down the A1 but turn off onto the M11 as my parents live in north east London. Would love to meet up with you, the girls and your dh if you are around?

Jenbob – how are Sophie and Lewis? Would also like to hear about Lewis and the cranial osteopath if you can. Thanks for the email hun, will reply properly soon.

Kirsty – James has been exactly the same as your Robin – fine for all his feeds and then at the 6pm one he would cry and really struggle to latch on (it’s part of the reason why I stopped b/f). He still does it now with his bottle but it isn’t so bad. I think with James it is overtiredness as we try to keep them awake between 5 and 6 so they go down well after the bath and 6pm feed. He is getting a bit better now though. Hope robin and you get it sorted soon.

Leanne – hope you get your babes back into the routine you want. I think I’ve got ours sorted and then something/someone will crop up and it all goes to pot again!!

Katie – fabulous pics. They are so big and gorgeous.

Gwen – hope Patrick is ok? I have PCO so know how you feel. Hope you get things sorted at the GP.

Jane – how’s moving going? I assume that’s why we haven’t heard from you. Love to you and the girls.

Everyone else – sending you lots of love

Kerry

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
hi girls... it's been quiet on here today!

Kerry - wow Matthew and James are doing well!! not sure how much Abbie and Megan weigh as they were last weighed 10 days ago but they are probably about the same as your two or a bit less so your boys are growing nicely!  :)
would be lovely to see you.. i will send you an IM re where we live as it is not too far from the A14 where you would turn off so it might be an option for you to pop in en route! :)
Have been thinking about weaning and have ordered my Annabel Karmel book from Amazon! I am thinking about the second week in August when they will be about 20/21 weeks old as my DH is off work this week so will be around to help out/take photos/film it all!!

Gwen - sorry to hear you have AF pains. what a bummer. am not looking forward to getting those again. What a way to spend your anniversary! :( poor you and poor Patrick! i'm sure he is milking that cast eh?!! :)

Katie - I know what you mean about smoking in pubs - it is gross! I can't wait til they ban it!! had a look at your photos in the gallery - they are lovely. Grace and George are beautiful!
To be honest, i don't know how i have managed to organise the christening in such a short space of time!! My mum has helped me though. :) I really wanted it in August but the vicar is on holiday (how inconsiderate!! :) so had to go with July or September and we wanted a warm day (although by the looks of the weather at the moment it will probably be cold and miserable!!)

Leanne- sounds like Kayden and Jake may be going through a growth spurt which may explain why they are feeding more often? just a thought.
i get my photos done at Boots - it's 10p a photo if you have more than 50 and i edit them on my photo software and save them on a CD and just take that into Boots. and you get Advantage card points (Boots have just started a new baby club aswell if anyone's interested. I filled in the application form today)

Kirsty - i would guess that Robin is just overtired at his 7pm feed to be honest. If Abbie is overtired at her 6pm feed she gets really upset and is hard to feed so I try not to leave it late as I know she wants to get to sleep!! could you try bringing that feed forward a bit and putting him down earlier? it's horrible when they get really distressed isn't it?

Jen - I am not organised - just MAD! :p god knows why i am doing this christening. i thought it would be a lovely idea to do it when they were still babies but it's so much work and i am constantly thinking of things that i have to do!! got to go shopping tomorrow in Peterborough to try and get myself an outfit. I hate it when there is pressure to buy something as i know i won't find anything!! aagghh!! :mad: ::) we have about 75 adults and 20 odd children/babies coming. FUN!!!
Only seen GMTV on Monday this week - has it been any good on other days?
Good luck on Friday at the oestopath.

The girls went for a photo session today which went really well. bless them - they didn't cry once!! Got some really good photos and I know I am going to want them all but we can't as they are quite expensive. :( Abbie peed on me aswell which was quite amusing!! ;D

well it's just started peeing it down again here. Where has the summer gone? very depressing.
right got to go and give myself a mini pedicure. my feet are a state!

hope everyone is well
love nicxxx

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Trudy I got mine at Boots but they are called B-free - I think they are the same though
love
Kerry

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Yippppeeeeeee, for the past two nights Kayden and Jake have slept for 5 hours!!!!

They have their last feed at 12 and then they have not woken until 5am, last night they both took an extra 2 oz each before bed so it obviously kept them going that bit longer. Now that they have learnt to smile there is just no stopping them, Jake finds everything funny but Kayden is a bit harder to impress  ;D

They had a hospital appointment yesterday for a general check up and all was fine. The only thing concerning me is that Kayden has a strawberry birth mark on his cheek which obviously doesnt look very nice. The doctor said this is likely to get much bigger and then disappear completely by the time Kayden is 3. The poor little man.

Trudy - i saw the dr browns bottles in boots yesterday. also you could try ebay as sometimes you can be lucky enough to get some unused ones. My friend swears by them.

KT - i know what you mean about wanting the boys to yourself sometimes. It seems every day someone wants to come round which is nice, but some days i just want them all to myself and not have to worry about who is coming.. Mil is the worst, i think she would come every day if i let her!

Katie - i hope your sore throat hasnt turned into anything nasty. I actually feel better so hopefully i am not coming down with something after all  :)

Anyone got any advice on settling the babies at night time? My two sleep really well in the day but at night they just wont settle quickly. After their night feed the only thing that will get them to sleep is to bring them in the bed with us  ::) ::) Kayden likes to lay on my chest and it gets him to sleep within a minute, but as soon as i put him back in his moses basket he cries again.

Oh, and another quick question, how long did everyone bleed for after giving birth? I havent had any blood now for a week, i was told to expect to stop bleeding a bit earlier than 6 weeks when i ended up back in hospital. But i do have a bit of discharge, not much i only need a panty liner and it doesnt smell or anything but i am just wondering if this is normal? Also, when did you all have your first period after the babies? I really feel as though my af is on its way, sore boobs bit hormonal etc..

Right, i have rambled enough!

Have a good day all,

Leanne xx

·
Registered
191 Posts
Morning everyone,

Sorry i haven't been on here for a few days but my mum and dad have been down to see us. It has been really nice having the help but i always find it harder to cope when they go back.

Went to the shops again yesterday and bought Freya a dress for the christening which will probably be in sept when i get round to organising it. Was wondering what to dress Lucas in. What do boys wear for christenings? Where can i buy him something?

My MIL popped round to see the twins last week for the first time in 5 weeks. She only lives 15mins away! She only stayed an hour. I asked her if she could babysit on Friday afternoon for half an hour so that i could go to the doctors to have my coil fitted. She said no as she had to get ready to go to a meatloaf concert that evening. Meatloaf!!! I didn't know what to say. Also whilst i am moaning about her, the last thing she bought for the twins was a couple of newborn babygros!   :mad: > My parents are always buying little things for them.

I keep getting on DH's case at the moment as well. It really annoys me how it takes him an hour to get ready and leave the house in the morning. he has only got to get showered, dressed and have a bowl of cereal.When i ask if he can help feed or change a baby he says he hasn't got time and that he will be late for work. I have to get myself and 3 children fed, dressed and in the car by 8.30am. I also wash bottles, make beds, put washing on and tidy up before i leave.

Kirsty- Lucas still has his 'dark' moments in the evening and screams when he is drinking his 6 o'clock bottle. I have now worked out that he actually doesn't want much of it. Maybe it is just overtiredness as he shouldn't still have colic at 6 months old.

Katie- George and Grace ar so gorgeous, they are always smiling.

Jen and Lorraine- let us know how it goes at the osteopath, it worked brilliantly for Freya but they couldn't do much for Lucas.

Leanne- The only way to get them to settle at night is to get them into a good bedtime routine. Make sure their room is really dark and don't rock them to sleep or let them fall asleep on you as they need to learn how to fall asllep themselves. i used to go in and make a shushing sound when they cried but not pick them up. Now they go off to sleep themselves in the evening.

Trudy- it is so exhausting when they feed at different times isn't it? Hope they gat into a routine soon.

Well i have almost stopped breastfeeding Freya, i now only feed her first thing in the morning. She just lost interest, and would laugh when i put her to the breast. my boobs are now just a shadow of their former selves, back to an A cup. What a shame, i really liked having a bust, clothes looked so much better.

I am looking at the moment for someone to look after the twins when i go back to work in Dec. I need someone to come to the house but don't want a live in nanny. I often have to leave early if i have a meeting to go to so a nursery would be no good. It will be so wierd leaving them all day. wish we could win the lottery so i didn't have to go back to work.

Love Shelly

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.