Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, having been booted out by the May cycle buddies - errr only joking girls ^chuckle^ keeping all those ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ coming your way, I mean having unfortunately being forced to postpone my tx for a month due to elevated FSH, I'm due to start a long-protocol ICSI cycle as soon as May's ^witch^ arrives.

So, by my reckonings I should be down-regging (I stab not sniff) from 10 June-ish. Oooh, I just thought, I bet I'll end up testing on my birthday ^uts^

Anyway, I know I have at least one buddy (Hellen sweetie, it won't be too long before its our time - Its May already! ^spot^ ^spot^) but we'd love to be joined by anyone else out there getting ready for any treatment - as you can see by my bio, I'm a bit of an old hand at it and will gladly share any experiences and be there with a hug when I can.

^group^​

So at the moment June/July's list is as follows:

fiona_lk ICSI down-reg mid June
Hellen IVF down-reg mid June​

Don't leave us lonely for long (although no doubt the two of us can post for England while we're waiting).

Take Care all, Lots of love

Fiona xxx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Fiona,

You can always pop in and see us May Pinnies you know! ^cool^

When is your birthday? Mine is on the 13th June. ^party^

Love Lainexx

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Laine,

Don't worry, you won't get rid of me entirely, I'll be around to make sure everyone gets a big fat positive - will post on the May cycle as soon as get chance - bit busy on Buffy and Angel night ^vampire^.

My birthday is 23 July - I'll be 36 ^mercy^

Love Fiona xx

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Girls

Fiona thanks for starting a new thread for us ;D

Laine don't worry we wont disappear altogether from the May pin cushions - you can't get rid of us that easily!!!

It wont be long now Fiona, I have worked out my AF is due on my birthday (21st May) so if you reckon you will be testing on your birthday I think we are just meant to be successful :) ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^

I am feeling very virtuous cos I have just been to the gym with Darren. On the way back we popped into Currys and bought a juicer abd I have just had an apple and lemon juice. Think I may have to buy a book though for ideas.

Am gonna have a quick mooch around the board and then try and finish my poem - is anyone else having a go??

Take care everyone

Hellen :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi All,

Could I join in? Due to start IVF when AF arrives (around 18th May). As it's my first tx not sure when the sniffing and stabbies start. Also sorry to sound so
^stupid^ but what is a long or short protocol?
Good luck to everyone!
Luv
Gail x :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Gail M,

Welcome to FF, and of course we'd love to have you as our cycle buddie ^group^ I'm sure Hellen will be along soon to say the same thing.

I think I'm due af ^witch^ about the 20th, and Hellen has already said she's about the same so we won't be far behind you.

Don't worry about asking anything, I went through 7 iui's myself on my own before I found a web site like FF so I know what it's like to be facing the un-certain. ^scared^

IVF tends to come in two forms - the long protocol where down-regulating (sniffing or stabbing) starts on day 21 of your period. The short protocol or sometimes known as co-flare is where down-regging starts on day 1 or 2 - they both follow the same sort of flow after that with down-regging taking abut 2 weeks and stimulation (stims) about another 2 weeks. Unfortunately you can't predict how your body is going to react to the drugs on any particular cycle and so times can be shorter or longer than this.

It really isn't as bad as your imagination will make it - and think about that little baby in your arms at the end of this.

Sometimes the waiting is the worse part - why don't you put a little history in your signature so we know a little about you.

New list below

Good luck and lots of love

Fiona xxxxx
---------------------------------------

Hellen IVF down-reg mid June
Gail M IVF down-reg mid June​

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
hi everyone
im started sniffing and this is 4th ivf cycle . start injections on 21st may and er is 2nd june. good luck to everyone starting i hope we all get pg .would love to talk to anyone around the same time as me .well good luck and speak soon hopefullly

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi girls

Have not managed to post until now - have had quite a busy weekend so far. Saturday we went to some friends for a takeaway Indian. It was lovely - haven't had one for ages and really enjoyed it. I was driving and Darren directed me down some real country lanes on the way back, I didn't have a clue where I was going but we got home in the end!!

Today we have been to Darren's mum and dad's for a Sunday roast - lovely!! I am veggie so I have all the potatoes and stuffing and veg but no meat - it is good cos it means I get extra roasties!!

We are off to some friends this evening - in fact I should be getting ready to go out but never mind!

We have got a couple coming round to look at the house tomorrow afternoon so fingers crossed. They are the first people to have a look but you never know do you!

Hi Gail and Lilly - it is lovely to have you both with us. Good luck with your txs - it'll be great to be cycle buddies and hold you hands!!!

Me and Darren started to have a talk yesterday about whether we can seriously afford to start again next month, I am not even thinking about the prospect of not being able to, anyway we have decided to leave things acouple of weeks and see how things are nearer the middle of the month - who knows we may win the lottery - ha ha!! Seriously though, we both are set on having another go so I am sure we will work something out.

Hope everyone else is doing okay, sorry haven't got time to say hi individually - my own fault for waffling too much!!

Have a good Monday off everyone!!

Take care

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi everyone,

Wow, Hellen what a busy bee you've been, and I've been stuck in bed all day with flu ^puke^.

Gosh, and someone to come and look at your house - that'll be exciting. Don't forget to put the coffee on before they arrive ^chuckle^.

I understand totally about the money - I had to have a bit of a pep talk with Les because we need to tighten our belts if we are going to go for this next cycle - seems mad when we've been saving up for the last 7 months. Maybe it was fate which said I couldn't cycle last month because I'd be worrying.

Gail - I've got your IM, thanks for that. You'll be addicted in no time.

Lilly, becasue you've started, you might want to join the May Pin cushions too - they'll be at the same stages as you. Still, its lovely to have you here and good luck for this cycle.

Oh well, think I might go back to bed.

Speak soon

Love Fiona xxx

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hello to June Dot-to-dotters and snuffly sniffers!!

Please can I join you as I have moved myself off the May pin cushions.

We have recently changed to The Lister from a local clinic and trying a different protocol and drugs. This is after my consultant said we should stop trying as very unlikely to get pg, we had 1st IVF when found out the sperm not fertilising egg so we then had a 2nd go with ICSI which had a very slight better result of 2 embryos of out of 8 eggs but still negative . The consultant wouldnt agree to any changes or ideas and due to other slight problems I lost faith so we moved.

The Lister agreed we should give it another go at least using my eggs before deciding on next move i.e giving up or donor eggs and this time using different drugs (which were better for higher FSH and egg quality) and protocol.

My AF is just beginning to rear its ugly head tonight, so I start taking the contraceptive pill tomorrow for 3 weeks, then start sniffing end of May, will have 1st scan beginning of June so they can check all ok before I start stabbing.

Am using Menopur this time (5 amps of 75IU a day). has anyone used this and had weird and wonderful side effecfs. I did pretty well ok on Puregon.

It was also very much touch and go with us if we did this cycle and only decided on Thursday night to go for it as DP says we cannot keep spending out like this. I had to get my prescription changed quickly on Friday from private one to NHS as my nice doctor has agreed to fund drugs. But my opinion is that we dont have time to wait and better to do it now and pay later (good old interest free on credit cards!!) So he came round but not sure what will happen if this one fails. We will have to wait and see if we win the lottery aswell.

So hello to you and wishing everyone on here the very best of luck with their tx. Speak to you soon.

Love
Gwyn

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello everyone,

I've just got back from our follow up meeting with consultant - and she said I can get started again not this cycle but next. This means I will start down-regging mid-June (IVF).
I was on the short protocol last time (no down-regging), so this will all be new to me. Although I got a positive test result last time (early m/c) they want to collect more eggs this time, so they've got more to choose from.
Anyway I'd love to do the cycle-buddies thing this time - As you sound like a friendly bunch :) We're also a bit worried about the money side of things as we are in the middle of doing up our flat (old crumbly thing) - so we will be forgoing holidays this year :( but hopefully all in a good cause.

Speak soon,
love Grace x

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Everyone,

Ok, thrown a sicky today - not really eaten anything for the past few days but fever gone so feeling tons better - sounds just like you were, Hellen, a few weekends back - hope I didn't catch it from you ^chuckle^.

Glad you're joining us Gwyn and Grace - its great to know we're not alone when cycling and it's looking like we're not that far apart from each other. Gwyn, I think you're up first, so I'll start the ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ vibes heading your way.

Grace - I'm with Deborah, and I know it can be a bummer sometimes but I think that all the best holidays will be after that miracle comes anyway ^sunny^ so even if you took one now you might forget all about it.

Gwyn - Wow, you must have been mad at your consultant when he said that. ^smash^ I'm really pleased that you managed to change clinics, and hope this will work out for you. I wanted to 'change' something for this cycle, but as my 2nd cycle 'worked' (even if it was in the wrong place), my consultant didn't, and I backed down knowing that I was going to be doing acupuncture so effectively was, if you know what I mean. Have you thought about this at all? I knew one (web)friend who had poor egg quality on about three cycles then went for acupuncture and ended up with about 11 frosties. Hope ^witch^ not giving you too much trouble!

Lilly - I think you have gone to join the May lot, but let me know if not, and I'll add you to the list sweetie.

Hellen - hope you're OK buddy - did you see my posting on writing a poem - it must have been the fever, AND the one signing up for the Stratford meeting so been a busy bee myself (but mustn't let work know ^shake^).

Oh, and I've put my piccy on the gallery - is there one of anyone else on there I can go and have a peep at?

I've revised the list, let me know if anything is wrong/missing - what a responsibility ^scared^ - this is much scarier than anything I do at work ^chuckle^.

^group^

Lots of Love

Fiona xxx

---------------------------------------

Hellen IVF down-reg mid June
Gail M IVF down-reg mid June
Gwyn ICSI down-reg end May
Grace IVF down-reg mid June​

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi girls

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Darren's dad is in hospital for an op today should only be the one night but I probably wont be around much today or tomorrow.

Catch up woth you all soon and hugs to everyone ^group^

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi there,

Hellen - hope Darren's Dad is ok.

Fionalk - Hope you are feeling better today. Hope its not catching!! Thanks for welcoming me on thread.
I was mad at consultant as I dont think he had given it a chance especially as the 1st one was a no-go really. I see it as we have only had 1 go and need to do this. Every suggestion I made he just said NO.

I started acupuncture but really didnt like the feeling so gave up. also taking Angus Castus. My FSH level dropped from 12. to 8.9, not sure if it was a fluke or had something to do with what I had been doing/taking.
Am now trying to find someone for reflexology as it is a bit more relaxing.

Grace, Gail and Lilly - Hows it going with txs.

Another lovely day here in sunny Surrey and must find some time to do a bit of sun worshipping. Last week we booked a holiday to France, so were off on 22nd May for 10 days, I cant wait, it will do us the world of good especially for Dp who needs it. I start sniffing while away but thats the easy part so not worrying.

take care and positive thoughts to all of you.
Love
Gwyn

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi Everyone,

And welcome Gwyn, Lilly and Grace to the thread :).
I can't believe I'm desperate for AF to start so I can get on with the TX normally your praying it doesn't start!

Gwyn, what is Angus Castus?

Hellen, hope your feeling better today?

Fiona, your a star keeping the thread up-to-date!

Away to catch up with the soaps - hubbies at football. So its just me and the cats - bliss!

Keep strong,
Luv Gail x

·
Registered
141 Posts
Gail,

Agnus Castus is a herb that is supposed to help your hormone balance. I have read that it helps lowering FSH levels.

My second to last FSH reading was 12.1, I started taking this and had a month of acupuncture, when they did my last FSH a month or so ago it read 8.9. the Doctors still take the highest reading but if it stays low during a cycle of treatment - who knows.

Some people say it wont do anything and others say yes, I decided to take it as it hopefully wont do any harm. I got mine from Holland and Barrett and I take 2 a day but it says 2 twice a day.

Well I am now on the contraceptive pill, I do laugh when I take this as I havent been on this for years. You want a baby but take the pill - strange one but its supposed to give them more control of your ovaries.

Hope AF starts soon.

Love
Gwyn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Girls,

Fiona don't know how you manage to post sooo many strands!! you mad person! great to be back in touch with you and that we should finally be cycle buddies!!!!
i guess i will be et end of june depending on ^witch^, so will follow everyone closely!!!
think we should have a very big party for your birthday fiona, i'll bring the cake! ^party^
lots of love, fi

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Gwyn, Gail, Fi and Fiona and everyone else

It's started to get busy on here now hasn't it.

Thanks for your kind wishes for Darren's Dad. He came in to hospital to have a tumour removed from his bladder. He coped with it all really well and was back home the next day. He will have an appointment in two weeks time to find out what happens next and whether he wil need any more treatment. As Sam said last night he is in his own two week wait ;)

Gwyn - It must be really weird to be back on the pill ^spin^ Hope you are doing okay

Gail - here's a quick AF dance for you ^shake^ ^shake^ ^shake^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^shake^ ^shake^ ^shake^ hope AF turns up for you soon.

Fiona - really pleased to see you are coming to Stratford. I am going to make a concerted effort to post some piccies in the gallery this weekend - promise!! Thanks for keeping the list going - you're a star

Grace - good to have you with us hun ^group^

I am getting really inpatient now, still two weeks before AF is due and then it will be another 3 weeks after that until I can start sniffing - seems like forever!!!

Take care everyone and hi to anyone I have missed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi everyone

I'm another one that would love to be a June cycle buddy with you all.

My history is that I've got slight Endo on my left ovary (2.5) which thank goodness still works. I've had 2 failed IUI's (March and April). Our daughter (13 months) was conceived naturally after 9 months. Reason for fertility assistance is that hubby has arthatis and the medication he takes you can't conceive while on them. We therefore stored some sperm before he started the medication. The clinic made a complete cock up and told us at the the time that they had indeed stored enough for us knowing our situation. When we came to collect the sperm (to take to a nearer clinic) we found out that we only in fact had enough for 4 attempts of treatment. This completely ****** us off to say the least, at it was too late to turn back the clocks.

We therefore decided that we'd try 2 IUI's and 2 IVF's before considering another route. This would mean hubby going cold turkey for 3 months while coming off his drugs. It apparently takes this amount of time to clear the drugs from your system. Unfortunately as soon as he comes off the drugs the pain from arthatis kicks in straight away. Therefore the last, last choice would be for him to come off the drugs.

So, we are now going for our first IVF attempt. My appointment is booked in for 30th May. Apparently this is when they will go through everything and give me my first injection and also show us how to inject.

Being that I'm a complete newbie to IVF and that I've got a few weeks to go till I find out more, would somebody mind if they could explain stuff in basic terms. I haven't got a clue whats a head of me and what half the expressions are that you use. The clinic we are using is Essex Fertility Centre, apparently they are ranked 5 in the country. Does anyone know of them.

Thanks very much for reading my message. I'm really looking forward in cycling with you all.

Here's to everyone's dreams coming true.

Ali.x

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Ali,

Welcome to this thread, Sorry to hear about your failed IUI's and DH, does he have to be on medication for a long time?

Congratulations on your Daughter too. Some clinics can really mess things up, it cant be explained how angry it makes me when I hear that these mistakes could so easily be avoided with that little extra. It is a big decision to make for him to come off the drugs but you will be pg before then. (positive thoughts for you both)

Good luck with your appt on 30th. The injections with the autoinjector are very easy, saying that I make my DP give them to me. It is very easy to set up once you have been shown and if I can get through it then anyone can.

Let me know what protocol and drugs you are on. I think I am also one of the first with you then. This is my 3rd IVF but I really only count this as 2nd due to disaster with fertilisation on first. I am at present taking the contraceptive pill for 3 weeks and start the nasal spray (Synarel) Bank Holiday Monday and will probably start injections about a week later depending if I my insides have shut down. I have recently changed to The Lister in London from a local clinic.

If you need to ask anything just IM me or ask on the threads, there is always someone who will be able to answer. There is also the secondary infertility thread if you are interested in it (I also am on it), please feel free to join us on there if need be.

Again good luck with treatment. will be following you along the path the next few weeks. Hope our dreams come true too.

Love
Gwyn

1 - 20 of 185 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.