Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 905 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new thread for all you ladies having treatment in June / July 2019

Please read the FAQ here: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=209838.0

^goodluck^

Happy Chatting ^gossip^

^fairydust^

[csv=]
Name , Treatment , Stimming , EC , ET , Test Date , Outcome

[/csv]

^hugme^ Honorary Members ^hugme^

If you want to be added please let me know :)

Sharry xx

^fairydust^

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hiya.

I’m here. Off for a tandem cycle in Cyprus as soon as AF shows which should be around 31st/1st. Happy to answer questions on tandem and such like. Previous IVF failed due to immature eggs.

Here we gooooo.... new month new start xx

·
Registered
674 Posts
Can’t believe I’m still the only one with a June July cycle so I’ll just carry on haha.

I have the symptoms of AF coming on but we’re all trying desperately to hold her off until the 1st due to a family wedding. Drugs have arrived from the clinic in Cyprus so we’re good to go. Once AF is here we can book flights, hotel and scans.

I hope some of you join me for this magical month xx

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hi CatLady we cycled together in March/April, my cycle was cancelled that time. I had my EC for my latest cycle on friday and I’m waiting for my Day 5 call tomorrow to see if we have any embryos to freeze. I had fluid in my uterus this time (can’t catch a break!!) so I have to freeze all and if we have any left I’ll be having a FET in about 3/4 weeks time. I hope both of us have better luck this time around!! Xx

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hey hey missl!!! I’m no longer alone  ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^

Ahhh man, so sorry you’ve got fluid, on the Cyprus thread (dogus) Stacey10 Also had fluid. Do you know where it’s come from or anything? Cycling 2 months ago seems like a lifetime ago xx

How did the EC and everything go? So glad you got that far and now just waiting for next month xx

·
Registered
769 Posts
I know doesn’t it just!! The fluid is hopefully just an over response by my body to the high levels of estrodiol caused by stimming but worst case it’s from scarring caused when I had my ERPC following my miscarriage in December (they think this is less likely) but we’ll have to keep an eye on it.

EC went ok, I was really upset on the day because despite 8 eggs collected only 4 were mature but then all 4 we did get fertilised and yesterday on Day 3 all of them had become perfect 8-cell top grade embryos so I’m hopeful we’ll get at least one blast to freeze!

When do things get moving for you again? Xx

·
Registered
674 Posts
Wow! That’s an amazing number of blasts, fabulous news. OMG tomorrow’s news can’t come quick enough! Are you now in the annoying waiting for AF bubble?

We’re currently waiting for AF which according to my Ava is predicted to start tomorrow. I know that she’s on her way but I don’t think it will be tomorrow. I’m HOPING it will be Saturday because if not we will be ok a plane when I’m supposed to be at a wedding. Oops. As soon as she’s here the next day I’m starting on gonal f 450, predosolne (or some spelling!) 3x a day and 5mg of folic acid. Then it’s scans and scans again on day 12 and fly day 13. None can be booked until we have Af so I’m boooooooored hanging around waiting. Always waiting in this game eh.

Looking forward to your update tomorrow xx

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi ladies, would love to join in!

I was on the May cycle chat but no AF so looking likely to be June! I had EC in April and possible fluid or a hydrosalphinx but it seems to have sorted itself out so going for our first FET cycle. We had 10 eggs and 6 survived to a day 5 Blastocyst. So hoping to have one put back in..!!

The waiting game is very emotional....on day 36 with no AF in sight 😢

·
Registered
769 Posts
Welcome FM86, I have had the exact same problem with fluid so I'm waiting for a FET in June hoping it has sorted itself out. Fingers crossed AF turns up soon, I know that pain, I had a cancelled cycle in March and it took 50 days to reappear and that was with Provera!

AFM, well I'm crying I can't believe it. I got the call this morning. All 4 of our fertilized eggs have become blastocysts one day 5 and 3 of them are good quality. We have a 5AA, a 5AB, a 3BB and a 4CC. I know there is still plenty to happen and I had my MMC from a 5AA but I feel so hopeful that one of these will become our take home baby.

I know it is said on here all the time but it really is quality over quantity - and if anyone else is dealing with male factor - for us IMSI has made a HUGE difference in our fertilisation and blastocyst rates compared to our last cycle.

·
Registered
152 Posts
missl73 - that’s amazing!!! Fingers crossed...

AF......I don’t know if I’m seeing things but I think it’s begun!!! 😳

Not sure if I’m having one of those moments where sometimes you think you see things because you want it to be there!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
OMG that’s amazing missl! ISMI is used as standard in Cyprus at no extra cost.

I think you’re in the same boat as me FM (and a great big welcome aboard) apart from that I don’t want mine until Saturday. I had the bad back this morning and the cramps. I know she’s coming but atm I would more likely say Friday for full on AF.

So here we all are. Waiting.  :eek: all we ever do.

If AF shows up Friday we fly a week Monday. We’ve shopped until we’ve dropped and ready to fly at any moment. Every holiday item is washed and good to go. Obsessed? Me? Never.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Hey. Could I possibly join?  :)

This is all so new to me it's quite daunting.

The meds for my 1st IVF have arrived this morning so I'm waiting patiently for AF like you ladies. Can I ask how you all coped with your trigger shots? I'm not averse to injections but for some reason, this one is worrying me.

If all goes roughly to plan, I should be flying to CZ mid-June for EC. Hoping that the ICSI will help overcome DH's teratospermia  ^pray^  It would be amazing!

Would be lovely to have some other ladies to share this sensitive journey with. My partner, although very sweet, is quite rubbish with knowing what to say, bless him.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Of course you cam Om xx it’s lovely to have someone that’s also travelling. What does the DH Latin stand for? I’m not up on male factor, all female here apparently. Lovely to have you with us. It is scary but that’s why we’re here.

I have my injections starting from this weekend, I am off to Cyprus.

I think we all need a giant AF boat that we’re all waiting for haha

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Thank you CatLady! Lovely to be welcomed.

DH - Darling Husband. Though not quite yet as our wedding is this July out in Vegas :) Starting to think I might have bitten off more than I can chew, haha. He's planned it all so no stress.

Ah, I really hope you can relax as much as possible. Think you're guaranteed the better weather! I'm hoping being abroad will come as a welcome distraction for us both. Some time to relax between the appointments would be lovely too.

I think in the past our infertility has been a male & female factor. I have lean PCOS, although mild it has messed around with my cycle lengths in the past. 60+ days was a norm. I think, although I hate to say it, my miscarriage last year has helped to balance my hormones. Such a horrible thing to admit but sadly true.

I'm hoping to start my injections this weekend too :) looking forward to seeing how we get on!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sorry I meant his condition OM xx omg a wedding so soon! How exciting for you both. Imagine if the bean is there XX the ismi is a superb method if you’re having that too x

I’m so excited that we’re going on holiday and making our baby or babies or who knows maybe no babies but at least we will have answers. I hated the uk clinic.

I’m now even doubting AF will turn up on Friday tbh. Oh god this blinking waiting game....

·
Registered
769 Posts
Welcome omnom!! We are having IVF for male factor and have seen massive improvements in DHs sperm - he had undecended testicles as a child so we are never going to have a good count (it hovers around 1mil at best) but we have seen the quality get better and better so it can happen!

My AF is an extremely sensitive flower so as soon as my body is messed with it goes into hiding when it’s very regular 28 days when left alone!! This year I’ve had a 73 day cycle after my MC, followed by a 52 day cycle after my March IVF got cancelled before EC. If my period turns up on time this time it will be nothing short of a miracle!!! I think we all need to do a period dance 💃🏻

·
Registered
674 Posts
Can we HOLD off the period dance until Saturday. You can dance on Friday or Thursday I just need her to arrive as late as possible. Don’t get me wrong if AF turns up that’s fine but we have plans here in England before we got to Cyprus.

Not Long now. Friday at the very least will be the best day. Which I think it will be. Then at least we have a wedding then we fly the next day to Cyprus. Now I’ll worry about the HCG injection which has to be kept in the fridge. Honest to goodness it’s never bloody ending is it?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Oh I'm a doughnut. His SA results showed 2% normal morphology which apparently means he has teratospermia. The drs seem confident this shouldn't be a problem as long as we have the ICSI method which they include as standard.

I know  :) the wedding sits in the middle of our 2ww so I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. At least I will be truly distracted!

How comes you didn't get on with the UK clinic? If you don't mind me asking. Could you explain the ISMI method for me?

Haha, I'm remaining optimistic AF will show. Even if it's a bit forced and with gritted teeth.

Thank you missl73. Ah thats fantastic news and really gives me hope! DHs last count was 70mil but they're mostly looking a bit strange. We laugh about it but it's sad really.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Haha ok CatLady we can hold until Saturday that still works for me but then it has to arrive 😂 What’s your trigger injection is it ovitrelle?

Onnom I would say 2% of 70mil really ain’t so bad, that’s a lot more good looking sperm than we had. IMSI is the same as ICSI but they use a much much more powerful microscope so they can see the micro detail of the sperm so they can pick the absolute best ones. In severe cases like ours the scientific research on it looks promising but it hasn’t been established as valuable more generally - HFEA don’t recommend it. Personally, we saw a massive difference between our ICSI and IMSI cycles but like I say our sperm issues are as awful as they get whereas it sounds like your DH isn’t too bad at all. If he isn’t already, I would recommend he takes a good male fertility multi-vit and gives up booze and caffeine while you’re cycling, it helps give the swimmers a boost!

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Ah thanks for the perspective missl73. I'm not best clued up on it all so it's really great to hear the feedback and your confidence for us. Perhaps I could request the IMSI in a future cycle if we're unsuccessful. Gives me hope that they're are some positive steps we can take. I'm sure of the quality over quantity mindset. It's makes sense.

I've set the poor OH up on his vits, one decaffeinated coffee per day and no booze regime. Its a good thing he wants this baby as much as a do because his tablets look like horse tranquilizers and taste like fish apparently 😂🐠 mmm.

1 - 20 of 905 Posts