Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 980 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls, ::)

It would be great to chat to any cycle buddies who would like to share their experiences starting in June/July.

Look forward to chatting to you.

Best of luck
SpiritX
^Butterfly^

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Spirit

DH & I are due to start ICSI at LGI in June. We are paying for treatment but even so have been waiting since Jan to start. I have to ring up when I get my May period for the timings and right now this seems an age away? What about you?

Cinders x :)

G

·
Hi Cinders and Spirit

DH and I are due to go through our second ICSI cycle in June. I agree it seems ages away. Well it's great that we shall be able to help support eachother along the way. Keep me posted on the dates that you start the dreaded injections etc.
From Ellie L  ^daisy^

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi ya Butterflys! Cinders and Ellie, welcome to this thread. ^banana^

I start the pill in June and then if all goes to plan start my injections in July.
This will be my 2nd cycle, hopefully 2nd time lucky..

Cinders is this your 1st cycle? Good luck to you.
Ellie good luck with your 2nd cycle.

Well girls I'm sure we will be chatting and sharing our experiences in the next few months.

Take care
Spiritx

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Butterflys

Yes this is my first cycle. Good luck to you both for your 2nd!!

I already have one daughter aged 7 from my previous relationship but DH and I have being trying for over 2 years now to no avail. DH has low motility and some abnormal sperm ( we like to imagine them wearing arm bands!!! )

Looking forward to chatting with you both over the next few weeks.

Cinders

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Spirit & All

Back again for a 2nd attempt, due to take the prostap injection on or around 21st June.  I'm excited but also a little anxious as this will be our last attempt, we will go to adoption if it doesn't work.  I think this is why I'm feeling riduculously weepy all of a sudden ^mercy^!  It's crackers, since our nurse consultation yesterday I've been crying on and off for no reason! Even this morning at work I had to go off to the loos to stop my eyes from flooding the place and scaring of my gym members ^scared^! Crackers!

Had our nurse consultation yesterday and had a mock ET.  During our last ET the consultant managed to get blood in the catheter, which could have messed up our chances right from the start really  :mad:(blood having those nasty white cells that attack foreign bodies.. ie. embies!).  This time we had a practice and was told that it may be easier to do ET with an empty bladder.

I'm also going to get acupuncture throughout to try to calm me down, I'm one of those who thinks I'm not stressed but deep down am REALLY STRESSED!  So poor old hubby will have to put up with me spending all our hard earned cash on therapies, massages and anything else which will relax me...

From this moment on I am going to be MRS POSITIVE again  ^reiki^, kick me if I post any depressing messages!!

Good luck everyone with your cycles, lets make this summer a summer to remember!

Scunnygirl  ^sunny^

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome Scunnygirl to the butterfly girlie's thread!! ^Butterfly^.

Just wanted to give you a big  ^hugme^ and send you a big happy, positive dance.

^dancing spot^ ^Exercise!2^ ^banana^ ^clapping^ ^jumpin^ ^festival^ ^wings^ ^fairydust^ ^rainbow^ ^angel^   

Please feel free to off load anytime, I'm sure we will all be supporting each other over the coming months, I know I will be using this thread.
On my last cycle I was so grateful to the girls on here they were a huge support, and you definitely do not feel alone.

This is my 2nd cycle, 2nd time lucky hey!!!

I'm on my 6 week of acupuncture and have heard and read very good reviews about it! Its good for blood flow to your uterus,ovulation and its good for
egg quality and to mention relaxing you and we all need that.

Lets pray girlie's this is our year for little bundles of joy.

Catch up soon, take care, god bless
SpiritX

Spirit -        2nd cycle June.
Cinders -    1st Cycle June.
Ellie -          2nd cycle June.
Scunnygirl - 2nd cycle June.

G

·
Hi to all you butterfly's,

I hear that some of you are trying acupuncture I haven't read much about this maybe its worth a try? I've just started up having a massage once every two weeks and I have joint a gym and did my first water aerobics class last night a little ache today  ^Exercise!1^. I agree I think we have to help eachother to not get to stressed, as I to, tell everyone that I'm fine then break down in tears when you least expect it.
Girls I'm also trying well women vitamins and DH is on well men vitamins to see if this helps as I read that it does. I think I shall try pretty much anything at the moment so if you have any other good info on helping it happen ^clapping^ I'm ready to listen.
Well butterfly's I shall keep checking to see how we are all getting along and don't forget we are here for eachother!
^Cuddle^
From Ellie L  ^daisy^

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi All

Nice to meet you Scunnygirl - I too am a stress head in denial  :)
You have a right to feel weepy, a good cry never hurt anyone :'(

Guess we are all thinking the same things as I have been thinking of ways to relax etc...a friend of mine does Reike (spelling?) massage was thinking of trying that, regular massage sounds good too!! Think the enormity of it all has just hit me! Have spent the last few weeks worrying about DH and how he has been feeling, as he has found the whole thing v diffcult to get head round, but now he seems to have come to terms with it, and it is my turn to worry.

Spirit - Prob silly question but doesnt the acupuncture hurt? I cant imagine it not to.

Ellie - I to am frequenting the gym (god I hate it!!) water aerobics sounds fun though. I am taking good ole folic acid and have given up the booze. Never smoked although tried hard to as a kid cos everyone who was "cool" did, had to resign myself to being square  ::)

What changes have your DH's made? mine smokes, but only a little, which is mainly cos I make him do it outside in the garden. He did give up for 3 months but now has the occasional cig.

Glad of this place to talk with people going through the same process, my few friends I have told are great, a real comfort, but its not quite the same.

Cinders

G

·
Hi again
I'm off out with the girls tonight I'm driving as I am not going to drink until after the treatment and hopefully not then either if all goes well. Oh gosh it's like being pregnant but not if you get my meaning or am I taking it all to far HELP!  ^zombie^
DH bless him has agreed to taking the vitamins and is cutting down on the beer which shall be difficult soon as he is going to be bestman for his friend and the stag weekend is coming up soon. Neither of us smoke so I suppose thats one less thing not to have to give up.
Well butterfly's I better fly as I shall not be ready to go anywhere catch up with you all soon
Ellie L  ^daisy^

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
hi to everyone who is starting in june.i will be joining you all aswell in june.this will be 3rd time for me and dh,so who knows?.lets hope we get the bfp. ^reiki^ ^reiki^.will look forward to speaking to you all and sharing our exsperiences with you.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
hi there everyone.i hope u are all well and look forward to chatting to u all soon.thanks for the welcome cinders nice4 to meet u too.hopefully it will be third time lucky.fingers crossed.take care and goodluck to u all. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ :) :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi ya Butterfly's ^banana^

welcome Tweetie! ::)

Hope everyone is well, just out of interest where is everyone having their
treatment, and where are you from?

I'm having mine at the Lister London, and I'm from Kent.

Hope the  ^sunny^ shines soon..
take care
SpiritX

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hiya Butterflies

I am having my treatment at the Clarendon Wing at Leeds.
I live about 2 hours away from the clinic in North Yorkshire.

Started AF today, usually I am devastated  :'( but not today, in fact I cant wait for May's to come so we can get started - I must be mad!!! :p

Cinders x

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello all!!

I will be joining you all on this Board as I am due to start my second go at ICSI mid-June.  Look forward to chatting to you all. 

Spirit - nice to see you again on the Board - hope you are ok.

Speak to you all soon
Love
JeniWren  ^banana^

G

·
Hi Tweetie, Cinders, Spirit, Scunnygirl, and Jennywren.
I hope you are all well!
DH and I are having our treatment at St.Helier and Kings in London. We live in Surrey. We completed our first cycle of ICSI here in July 04 but went through to final day of 2ww and had my dreaded  ^witch^. I feel  ^reiki^ about the second cycle and am going to try and stay this way (It shall be hard when the start date gets nearer)
We shall begin the 2nd attempt at the beginning of June our drugs are on order for May.
Not long butterflies
^Butterfly^
From Ellie L

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hi Girls

Just want to do alittle list for you girls so far sending you all ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for your comming treatments

^Butterfly^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ June/July Butterflys 2005 ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^Butterfly^

^Butterfly^ List so far girls ^Butterfly^

Spirit 2nd ICSI
Cinders 1st ICSI
Ellie 2nd ICSI
Jeniwren 2nd ICSI
Scunnygirl 2nd ICSI
Tweetie 3rd IVF

Goodluck girls ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love lilly xxx

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi All

Just a quickie tonight.  We are having our ICSI treatment at Gledhow Wing in Leeds, I'm quite looking forward to it now, funnily enough!  I'm also looking forward to my first acupuncture treatment on 5th May!

Speak Soon

Scunnygirl  ^sunny^

PS, Thanks for you list Lilly, its nice being part of a group, could you change my treatment to ICSI?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hi Scunnygirl

Sorry hun i have fixed it wishing you all so much luck with your treatments  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ if anyones  is wrong please let me know  i will update list every few days

speak soon girls

love always lilly xxx

1 - 20 of 980 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.