Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally got diagnosed at my 6 month appointment on Thursday with pcos. I'm so upset, the doctor said i have to loose 6 stone in weight before hell give me treatment. is this right? ttc 2 years. at the end of my tether i cant go on Ive already lost two stone someone please help me any advice or tips or names of weightloss drugs that will help will be greatly received. ^eyes^

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
sorry to here of your troubles, i can empathise with you.

we have been ttc since jan 03, i suffered 2 mc, before being diagnosed with pcos - with every symptom possible. i then had a 3rd mc. i have seen cons and took metformin for a while but couldnt get along with them. in the 6 months i saw cons i lost 3 kgs and put 1 back on.but because i gained some weight cons have said there is nothing more they can do until i lose weight. i have about 8 to lose!

it dies seem unfair, but it has made me more determined to do it without there help.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
hi there

at my first gyne appointment i was also told the same go back home and loose weight and then they might start treatment i was 18 at the time i found it very difficult to loose weight the more i lost the more i gained for some reason after speaking to my GP about this i was told that it was a known fact with people who have pcos. another 6/7 months later i went back for my second gyne appointment and once again i wasn't given any treatment because i hadn't lost any weight i was very frustrated and p***d  a few months later i went back a third time they actually gave me metformin but they never worked for me not far off 4 years i was taking these then finally i had the guts to go back and get a second opinion from a diffrent gyne he actually understood me he new i was finding it very difficult to loose weight  at this time he gave me clomid and all he said to me was with being overweight and starting clomid there is a slight chance that my blood pressure would rise and that was it so it took them from the age of 18 till i was 22 to give me clomid wich worked first time.

maybe if your unhappy with your gyne you might be better going back and getting a second opinion from someone else they might be more helpfull and tell you diffrent
                              love baby wisper

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Sarah.. welcome to the site.. pop over and have a chat to all of us pcos gilrs.. you'll find us all if you look in the diagnosis section..
Here is the link to our page http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=110.0 we have a meet in the chat room once a month and there are several threads running on the different side effects of the condition such as excess hair, weight gain and acne...
Hope to see you over there
Ju x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.