Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Well I am ttc, and also trying to give up smoking. I only started today and it is hell, All I am thinking about is wanting a ciggie. Has anyone any advice they can give? I would be more than grateful.
Thanks
Lisa

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Hi lisa loo

Firstly congrats on giving up the evil weed!!

when I gave up smoking I used to have non sugar lollie with me at all times.. believe it or not it really worked for me!!! have a read through some of the past post on here and good luck I will be popping in everyday to check your progress!!!!

keep telling yourself you are a non smoker!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tinks,
It is nice to have a bit of support. Well this morning was the killer, I was desperate for a cig, but have not given into it. Do you know if using a patch whist ttc could affect anything, like if I was to fall preg would it harm anything?
Anyway, I am going to go to work now, another difficult time to give up, everyone there smokes and it can be a stressful job at times.
Thanks again for advice.
Im a non-smoker, im a non-smoker, im a non-smoker!!! lol
Byeeee
Lisa (the non-smoker) ;D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
p.s, well done for given up yourself. :)

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
hey lisa,

I have no idea about the patches..I just went cold turkey... it does get easier i promise!!!

keep it up

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Hi hun I gave up 1st Jan and on 7th day and it is hell isn't it.  My mad cravings of wanting to rip someones head off have settled but is really the habit ones and the thing of "I would just like one" that is doing me.  I'm on the inhaler and helps, plus the fact that cigs and pregnancy - NO WAY.  Keep it up as I understand where you are right now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All,
well where do I start.
As I said before, I gave up smoking but started again after three weeks. I then found out I was pregnant and tried giving up, I failed and started smoking a few a day then it went on a few extra and then I was basically smoking the amount I was to start with. My midwife referred me to the quit smoking helpline. A lady came round to see myself and Dh, and since then I have not smoked a cigarette. It has only been a week but I feel alot more better about it this time. I am not thinking about wanting a *** all the time and am pleased that my lo is not suffering anymore. I am now 15weeks and 5days pregnant. I know I should have given up sooner but just couldnt.
Thanks for listening
Lisa

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Lisa - congrats on giving up and on your pregnancy - all that i have read says that if you give up especially early like you have, it is good for the baby, even giving up in the last trimester is better for your baby than not giving up at all.
I think you need to give yourself positive feedback on giving up and try and stick with that - you cant change what you have done previosly and at least you have looked for help and are trying  and thats the most important thing....
there are a few of us giving up on the thread below this one, so come and join us there as well and we can support each other.
heres wishing you a wonderful pregnancy

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Hey Lisa,

Congratulations on your  ^BFP^ and well done on the nasty evil weed... as the other girls have already said there are the 3 of us stopped this week on the stopping smoking thread, please come join us the more the merrier I say  ;D ;D ;D

Debs
xxxx

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have also given up yesterday, and boy do I feel it!!! DH and I have tried to stop on and off for the past two years, unsuccesfully. We are now determined as we have our 1st IVF next month!!! I gave up Jan this year for almost a month, found out about redundancies at work and started for a few weeks again. Tried to stop in Feb again....i guess you all know the story.

What I found really helpful is sipping water throughout the day and keeping yourself busy!!!!! I spent an awful lot of time in places i could not smoke, ie cinemas!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US NON SMOKING GIRLIES!!!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
welcome babydreams - come and join us on the thread (below or above this one) - there are a few of us giving up at the moment - and having a laugh .,.. the more the merrier ...
I also gave up - had a miscarriage and started again after that ... but hey keep on trying!!!
I am drinking so much water i feel like a camel - but it does help
I also bought some green and blacks chocolate orange ice cream - it sure does help!!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Babydreams, congratulations on giving up. Like safarigirl said come and join us on the other thread, they are really supportive on there.
Bye the way safarigirl, where do you get that ice cream from, it sounds really nice????
All the best
Lisa

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I tell you it is the best ice cream ever - i get it from our health shop but i am sure waitrose etc will keep it...... mmmmh maybe i should go and have some now!! - i'll have a spoon or two for you too .  Ihave had quite a few of the green and black ice cream range (o.k i confess i have an addiction to chocolate) but this one is the best - let me knwo what you think ....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi girlies, thanks for welcoming me on board. Green and Blacks are the best.....dark choco is meant to be good for us too!! I will try and join you on the other thread....once I find it...... :)

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
HI GIRLS!,
WELL DONE LISA LOO AND ALL YOU OTHERS FOR PACKING UP! FROM AN EX SMOKER I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS BUT IF I CAN DO IT ANYBODY CAN!!! I TURNED INTO DEVIL WOMAN!!BUT SOON GOT OVER IT AND HAVE NOW BEEN PACKED UP FOR DONKEYS YEARS!!!INFACT ITS ALMOST LIKE I NEVER DID SMOKE. A BIG  ^congrats^ TO YOU ALL. AND A BIGGER  ^congrats^ TO YOU LISA ON YOUR PREGNANCY!
TAKE CARE,
CLAIRE, :)
X.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
hi all
yes congratulations on giving up smoking if you all can do it so can i ,i am going to give it another shot tommorrow and hopefully i will do it
                          love baby wisper

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hiya,
Basically the same as Kerry said, congratulaions baby whisperer and Thank you very much Claire, congratulations to you also for giving up for such a long time.
Bye for now
Lisa :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts