Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

I have just literally returned from Leighton after having a Lap & Dye.  I am a little uncertain as to whether the findings are good are bad.  Basically the nurse advised from Mr Armitage notes that my ovaries are healthy, and so is my uterus.  There is no sign of endom, or pcos, however the dye never passed through my tubes, and he isn't really sure why?  He is sending me for a HSG which i assume is a further investigation procedure by way of a scan.  Do you this is good or bad?  I am hoping that if there have been any debris, that the lap and cleared this out.  Because i couldn't speak to Mr Armatage I couldn't ask the questions i wanted to and will now will have to wait until my next appoint, which all those who are having tx know is a frustrating wait.  I'm not sure if they didn't find anything wrong this would have been worst.  Does anyone know what they can do for blocked tubes?? 

If you can offer any off the record advice or experiences this would be helpful!

Thanks Gill

^feedback^

·
Registered
726 Posts
hi gilly,carn't really give you any advice regarding tubes etc but do know how you feel waiting for a follow up to ask the questions you want.
it maybe worth phoning isobel mr a's sec and asking for a follow up asap (usually have to wait about 6weeks or so)she may get a cancellation sooner and ask her bear you in mind .the only other optio is to make a private appointment to see him and you could probably see him next week in south cheshire thats if you have £120 to spare.
try not to worry mr a is a fantastic consultant i've been seeing him for about 5 yrs and he will sort everything out for you.
good luck.
love poopy.xxx

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi GillyV,

I had a lap&dye at leighton in march, whilst dye passed through my tubes it didn't spill at the ends so meaning a blockage on both sides by my ovaries.  I was advised that IVF would be my best option and this is the route I am taking, starting 1st cycle in july.  When I spoke to Mr A about this he did say that unblocking would put me at a high risk of ectopic pregnancy and so that is why I haven't pursued it.  I have heard of people that have had blockages removed with varying degrees of success.  Obviously you need to speak to Mr A to get a clearer picture of your problem, when I had L&D in march i was told 6 weeks for next appointment but when i did get appointment through it was actually 3 months, there was no way I could have waited that long and so went private and got an appointment within 2 weeks of me requesting, the cost £150 was well worth it as I've been able to find out the problem and make plans.  Sorry I can't offer any real insight but hope it helps a bit.  Good luck. X

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Gilly,
Another Leighton girl under the lovely JA I see - there's quite a few of us now! Hope you're feeling ok after your procedure.
Sorry to hear that your lap & dye didn't go exactly to plan but try not to worry as there's several reasons why the dye might not pass through your tubes - mainly blockage of some kind or kinks in your tube(s).  I had a lap/dye in 06 and my tubes were completely blocked and therefore useless .. it took a bit of getting used to but as we needed IVF anyway due to DH poor sperm that procedure bypasses the tubes anyway.  My diagnosis was Hydrosalpinx which from what I remember is blocked tubes with a build up of fluid - the fluid build up can be detrimental to treatment so the decision was made for my tubes to be completely removed.  This is obviously the most radical solution as my tubes were totally blocked but as he's not said that to you and it's not on your notes I wouldn't think this applies to you so don't worry at this point (I know it's easy to say!)
I assume that JA has recommended an HSG in order to confirm where and why the dye isn't passing through your tubes ... once he's confirmed that he will be able to decide the best way forward for you - all being well he'll be able to remove the blockage one way or another which would be ideal if you were opting for IUI but if you're moving towards IVF then un-blocking isn't always pursued.  There are several threads on the investigations board with regards to blocked tubes that I found really helpful.
I agree with Poopy though (hiya hun) - it is frustrating that you didn't see JA after the procedure so that you could ask him these questions and to return home worried and without answers is not right. I had a similar problem after my tubes were removed.  Like Poopy says, it depends whether you want to wait for an NHS appt or to book a private one.  Isobel is really friendly and has always sorted me out with appointments - especially if you play the stressed and worried card!! she might even be able to book you a quicker NHS appt which is always worth a try. It can be a nightmare getting through to Wendy (JA's NHS nurse) but if you email her your questions/concerns all being well she'll pass them onto JA and reply to you before your appt therefore putting your mind at rest whilst you wait.
Hope it all goes well for you hun, let us know how you get on.
lol
Cass
xxx

·
Registered
726 Posts
cassidy hun how are you???????? well done on your et have everything crossed for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.
when do you test?
as for me off to athens next sat for another bash hope we're both lucky this time  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.
love poopy.xxxx

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Poopy (and Gilly/Iris-Jade)

I'm doin ok thanks although i've got thrush after the e/t yesterday and am also constipated .... great hey!  Do you know if I can use canesten tablet on the 2ww?  Transfer was only yesterday so i've got 2 wks til I test .. fingers crossed eh (again!)

Get you eh ... jet setting with the IVF ... one way to see the world anyway hey!!  I truly hope we both catch our dreams this time hun, god knows we've waited long enough.

Let me know how you get on.
Hope you're ok Gilly and Iris
lol
Cass
xxxx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ladies

Thanks to you all for your replies its really helped me. Had a poo day today.  I'm abit overwhelmed, still alittle tender form lap, and AF is due sunday so the emoitions are right up there! ^eyes^

Had alittle cry to my mate dolly day dream, whos also on FF, i work with her you see - Small world!!

I'm trying to chill out now and think of other things (Not doing very well am i considering on here now lol - DP watchin footie!) but down at our van in wales, so gonna have a good glass of vino  ^drink^

Cass/Poopy & Iris- I wish you all the luck with your treatment, and have everything crossed that it goes well ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^goodluck^

Thanks again girls, i look forward to hearing how you get on!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, I was told had blocked tubes post lap and dye, but booked in for HSG.  Was so gutted, had HSG and they where fine, consultant thinks they had gone into spasm previously, so you never know hopefully will be ok.
Dawn  ^pray^

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Hello ladies!

Just to add my bit, sometimes the HSG and forcing the dye through can open up the tubes and bingo, all fixed!  You never know it could work out ok.  ;)

I felt really overwhelmed and distressed when I realised I had hydro (HSG suggested this, then had lap and dye to confirm).  My Cons drained mine when doing the HSG and it doesn't appear to have come back so far (everything crossed that it won't ever).

Yes some people do need their tubes either clipped or removed but that is pretty last resort.

Keep ya chin up lovey!!  ^hugme^

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Girls

Can't quite believe i'm going to say this but it's a  ^BFP^ for me  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

I had a +ve on day 10 (naughty to test early I know) but couldn't quite believe that it was going to stick around.  I did have a v.slight pinky bleed on day 8 and suspected that it could be implantation and since then i've had slight brown spotting but nothing major.  Plus I had a really traumatic 2nd week (and 1st really) as one of our cats was really poorly and we ended up having to have him put to sleep  :'(  That was on day 8 of the 2ww .. when i bled .. so i did wonder whether it was the trauma of that.  DH made a comment that perhaps we had to loose one baby to gain another  ???  Then there was the fact that straight after e/t I got thrush which drove me insane .. I did use the pessary and the cream and obviously they have no effect on the treatment which I was initially worried about.

I've called the clinic and i'm booked in for a scan on the 11th July.

It all seems a bit surreal at the moment and it's not quite sunk in ... still scared that it'll be snatched away from me.

Hope you're all ok ... lots of luck and babydust

lol
Cass
xxxx

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fantastic news Cassidy, congratulations!!

Hope all goes well from now on, best wishes Jade X

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thanks so much Jade ... just waiting for the scan now!

Good luck with your d/regging ... lots of luck and babydust to you

lol
Cass
xxx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi All

Sorry i've been AWOL.  A massive congrats to all your BFP, its great news and i hope you all have a heatlhly and enjoyable pregnancy.  I hope its this thread thats lucky ^pray^

I've not been on here for abit, because i've been trying to chill out about the whole baby thang.  Anyway current situation is been for HSG scan on 25th of July as Lap & Dye showed no spill of dye through tubes.  HSG scan showed tubes are perfect!  So am waiting to see Mr A on friday.  I think he'll suggest Clomid, however i'm not sure if this is right for me given all the press coverage clomid has had of late.  They say its ok for none ov'ers but it doesn't assist any more for unexplained Fertility compared with natural.  I would usually be of the opinion of lets give it a whirl, but as DP has DD we are having to pay for treatmnt, so is it a waste of money????  also if i'm paying should i look at going to a private clinic??  Is it also right that i pay for Clomid, as a friend on FF said that somebody under Mr A who has bio children is recieving Clomid on the NHS?  I'm confused!

Its great that we have both tested to be in working order - so what the problem  :mad:. I know i sound stressed about it, but really i ain't just alittle frustrated so i know its not the 'your trying too hard' line you usually get from family & friends who claim they got pregnant whilst on their period! lol!

The one good thing is AF usually lasts 2-3 days max, and usually its light.  This month is really heavy, I'm on day 3 and still its heavy.  I have never had a AF like it ever.  Maybe the lap & Dye, along with the HSG has dislodged something, and the  ^HappySperm^ ^HappySperm^ can now get through.  I will buy OV kit this month to make sure i def hit the right day.

Thanks for listening gals.  Take care Gill x

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Hi Gilly

Know what you mean about the Clomid issue!  One of my friends has been put on it but their's is a male factor issue like ours so I don't really understand why!  We've got our 2nd appt this week and I'm wondering whether they'll suggest it to us??  They are the experts I guess but I, like you, like to know the facts!

Good luck!!  :) :)

LuuLuu

1 - 14 of 14 Posts