Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

I have just returned from hospital after having a Lap & Dye.  I am a little uncertain as to whether the findings are good are bad.  Basically the nurse advised looking at the consult notes on my discharge that my ovaries are healthy, and so is my uterus.  There is no sign of endom, or pcos, however the dye never passed through my tubes (not even sure if she meant both) and consult isn't really sure why?  He is sending me for a HSG which i assume is a further investigation procedure by way of a scan.  Do you this is good or bad?  I am hoping that if there has been any debris, that the lap has cleared this out.   I couldn't speak to the consult personally, so I couldn't ask the questions which I wanted to, and will now will have to wait until my next appoint, which is frustrating.  I'm not sure if they didn't find anything wrong this would have been worst.  Does anyone know what they can do for blocked tubes??  

If you can offer any off the record advice or experiences this would be helpful!

Thanks Gill
^feedback^

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi

I'm not sure that they can do anything for blocked tubes hun but hopefully someone will be along soon who can tell you for sure.  My friend had Lap when I did and had blocked tubes and had to go straight to IVF but it may be different depending on the Consultant.

Try to concentrate on recovering from your Lap for now and prepare a list of questions for when you next see your Consultant.

^goodluck^

Axxxx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks A

Resting at the mo, will ring the consult tomoz for more firm results.

Take care Gill x

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Apparently an HSG can push debris out of the fallopian tubes. Don't think this is the same with the dye test during a lap though. Hopefully you will get the appointment for the HSG very soon so you can get some answers.

Good luck  ^reiki^

Elle x

·
Registered
712 Posts
Isn't it frustrating not being able to speak to someone who knows straight way. I had to wait nearly  months and now have a different problem. With your tubes I hink it depends on why they are blocked as to if they cando anything. I had a HSG in August which showed a blocked tube which is why they did a lap and dye. They did unblock my tube which was stuck with adhesions fom my endo but as I'm have cyst again endometrioma again already it is probably blocked again.

I hope you get the answers you need.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Gilly it is very frustrating when you come round from the op + you are given information in bits + have to wait for your review before you find out anything for definate, there are lots who have beeen in the same position including myself on more than one occasion so know how you are feeling  ^hugme^

unfortunately there isnt much that can be done till you find out exactly what the problem is, a HSG may well clear your tubes if there is any debre there, IF the problem with your tubes is more severe there are still options before going straight for TX but again the scenarios all depend on the problem

for now try not to worry to much, rest while you heal + i hope it isnt to long before your review appointment  ^reiki^

xxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Sometimes the dye during a lap can cause the tubes to go into spasm so it may be that they're not blocked but because they went into spasm, it prevented the dye from flowing through into the abdominal cavity.

With an HSG they can see your tubes more clearly as it's a form of xray so if there are any blockages they will be able to see exactly where they are within your tubes.  The pressure from the dye during an HSG can sometimes push through any obstructions.

I had my first lap and dye 20 years ago and during this it was found both my tubes were blocked (as well as endo/adhesions).....so I then had an HSG to see if was just my tubes had been in spasm or if there were blockages then to see exactly where in my tubes they were.  As it turned out, the dye from the lap must've helped...and then the dye from the HSG pushed through the obstructions which were old blood/endo.........both tubes are now completely clear but they remain sluggish & damaged due not only to adhesions but the cilia (fine hairs) in the tubes are damaged......but at least they work and so I ovulate fine and have managed to conceive, albeit not got a baby....but that's a completely different thing!

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all so much for you advice and experiences.  I call'd the hospital today, and was given an appoint for the magic 3mths.  On a postive though my letter which i had to pass to my GP did contain a note from the consult that i would have my HSG before nxt fertility appoint, which i didnt spot until today.  I'm alittle disapointed about the 3mnth wait, but were all in the same boat hey! and i'll just have to be patient.  I had a little cry but i'm hormonal aswell as AF due sunday! 

I going wales for weekend for a break, feel shattered - Should have rested these passed two days instead of fretting! but you know how it is!

Thanks once again, you all made me feel much better  :)

Take Care Gilly x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts