Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Had a laproscopy diagnosed with mild endometriosis in 3 places and a fibroid on my uterus wall.  I'm also borderline PCOS.  My tubes were clear though.  My appointment with the consultant isn't till 6 weeks.

Not sure what to do now, when can I star trying.  I'm still sore and now confused!

Thanks for any help or advice

Eleanor

·
Registered
721 Posts
Once you are recovered from the lap, start trying! I've heard of so many success stories after dye tests (clear tubes) and endo being removed. Unfortunately it wasn't the case for me but my endo was a lot more severe than yours. Make sure you ask the doctor if you're feeling ready to start trying if it's ok first though. I can't remember how long it takes to heal after the lap. 6 weeks does sound about right although you should be feeling more able to move around and get back to normal around 3-4 weeks I'd say. Anyway, if you feel ready before your next appointment, give them a call and ask :) Good luck to you!  ^reiki^

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Thanks for that, but they didn't remove the endo, don't think it was expected!  Wish they had as don't fancy going through all that again!. 

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi,

I had a lapo done on dec 1st. I had AF on the 4th Jan so we tried. I wasn't lucky enough to fall pregnant as my endo is severe and we are not too sure whether my right ovary works, although I have AF every month  ???

If you feel up to it I would try, you have nothing to lose at the end of the day  :)

Keeley
x

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that.  Yes will certainly give it a go when my cycle gets back to normal!  I can enjoy trying!

Fingers crossed for you too.

Eleanor
xx  :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Eleanor

Looks like you and I are in the same boat. I have had two laps in as many months, and desperately trying to conceive!
If you went NHS beware for my first lap I did and had a six week check at that point they hadnt even referred me for second op! so chase that before hand. Second op I went privately as couldnt face the wait. Its so frustrating having to wait and no direction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was advised I could have sex as soon as I felt comfortable.  I had quite a lot done - ovary stuck to bowel, cyst removed and endometriosis cauterized (all a nice suprise apart from the cyst).  Had sex on Sunday - just over two weeks, and it felt fine - not 100% normal, but I've had the Prostat injection so wasn't sure if that might affect things.  The advice is that if you do get pregnant with endometriosis, you should tell your doctor immediately as you need to have early scans I believe (to ensure you don't have en ectopic preganancy as the risk is higher)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Nina and Miss mcvicar

Thanks for your advice.

Things have changed a little, I'm pregnant!  Had the lap done on the 3rd Feb, which should have been CD1, did a pregnancy test and it was negative so they did the lap.  The folloing tues I did a test it was positive, didnt believe it so did 4 on the Wednesday all BFP!  Rang GP he was happy that I was pregnant!  So did another test 4 days later, again BFP.  Saw my nurse today and she confirmed too!  Got my follow up appoint with the consultant not til 9th May!  See the midwife on the 7th March so will discuss with her the endo and early scan or should I do it earlier?

Eleanor x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts