Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had my antral follicle count (CD2) and had got all excited that this would be straight forward and I'd be booked in to start down regulating on CD21 this cycle. The lady doing the scan told me that the Dr's would need to discuss whether to continue this cycle at all  :'( but she couldn't say as they may decide to abandon it or put me on the drugs anyway and hope the cyst shrinks. She thinks it maybe just a normal corpus leuteum cyst (left over from Ovulation) but I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon when the Dr's have had a chance to discuss it all.

I feel really deflated. I had a scan back in January and there were no cysts then, so the scan lady thinks that is a good sign, but I can't help thinking she could see my disappointment and wanted to give me some hope. I've been waiting so long for this and knowing they may say I have to wait until this cyst goes is really devastating. Sorry for rambling; I had to come back to work after the scan and just feel like crying.

Anyone else had this happen? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Dear ilovesnow

Sorry to hear about your cyst - I was in exactly the same position when I went for my day 21 scan on my third IVF cycle as a cyst had appeared out of the blue.  I had the same fear that I would have to abandon the cycle but I ended up d/r for about an extra week and by then the cyst had vanished and I was able to start stimming.  (Another option would have been for the cyst to be aspirated). Try not to panic (it's hard, I know) and hang on in there.  PS: I ended up with my first-ever BFP (and my lovely wee girl) as a result of that cycle so cysts aren't always bad news.  :) :) :)

Good luck, and hope the cyst clears off very soon.  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

Ellie

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much Ellie, I really appreciate what you've said as it has given me hope that things will be alright.

:)

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi ilovesnow

I had a cyst on my last treatment and it showed up on the scan after down regging for a couple of weeks.  The clinic decided to aspirate the cyst so I could continue with the stims.

Is this something they have discussed with you ???  Its just like egg collection and would mean that your cycle doesn't get cancelled.

x x x x

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Scooby,

The lady who did the scan only said they may start the d/r drugs and shrink the cyst or wait and see if it goes on its own. I'm hopeful now that if the d/r drugs don't shrink the cyst, that the 'aspiration' is another option though. It's good to know there are things they can do to carry on with the treatment :)

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

Obviously each clinic operates differently but if it doesn't shrink then I would definately mention about aspirating it and see what they say.

^goodluck^

x x x x

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Hi ladies

This is going to be a worry of mine too am hoping to start IVF in the next 2 months or so and I have severe endo and cysts and had a 2nd lap about 6 months after my first one and already one of the cysts had grown back a bit.

Its good to know that some clinics can aspirate them but do they do that will all cysts?? as I have endometriomas (chocolate cysts) and 1 dermoid cyst??? or is it with only a certain type of cyst that they can aspirate?

It would be good to know.

Sonia

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input *scooby* and Ellie  :)

I'm afraid I don't know if they will aspirate a chocolate cyst Sonia, I suspect they would only aspirate a normal cyst though  :-\

1 - 8 of 8 Posts