Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I've spent the last hour or so reading lots of threads.  Everything is so interesting, and I know that so many women and couples worldwide go through so much on their journey to have a child.

My DH and I have been going through our journey for the last 4 years.  We've been supported by the most incredible NHS team in Wakefield, and even though we have not had the final result yet, we have been filled with optimism and encouraged by wonderful nurses, doctors and our consultant. 

We've experienced 2 miscarriages, 9 months of clomid, which have sent me nearly over the edge.  I experienced the worst and only depression of my life whilst on clomid - it is not in my nature to be down - I always see the positives in life.  I had a laparoscopy last Friday to find out that I have had endometriosis.  This actually came as a surprise - I always have severe pain on my first day of period, but nothing more.  We were however somewhat pleased to find something wrong, rather than it continue to be a mystery.  The scarred tissue was removed, and we have been told we have a window of opportunity for the next 6 months.  My DH is chomping at the bit to "get going".  It's back on clomid for the next 3 months, and hopefully my spirits will remain high for the duration. 

My mother always stresses the fact that I have the most wonderful husband - which I already knew.  I feel blessed to have met him.  I am a great believer in fate, and we will have a child when the Gods see fit.  Our consultant always lets us know what the next step is, so that we can look into it and think about whether we want to go through with it.  It is IUI, so I have been having a good read and will be prepared if and when we have to deal with the next step.

Many of my friends have children, and my sister has just got pregnant, only after trying for 4 months.  Another friend, who's partner has a low sperm count, got pregnant within a few months also.  I am always thrilled and over the moon when my friends get pregnant and have children, and I spend my spare time trying to support and lend a hand, as an adult with no children.  Believe it or not, we are short in supply, and my friends love it when I go round and help out - both in their homes and trips out with mothers and toddlers groups, etc.

I also gave up work in August as a Call Centre Manager to train to work with children.  This way I will always have children in my life, whether naturally or by looking after other people's children.

This is my story so far.  I don't know where it will go, but we are hopeful that we will have children one day - whether naturally, through adoption or fostering. 

My thoughts are with everyone who is going through a difficult time, but we must remain positive, and remember that this journey is only a part of our lives (a huge part, yes), and we must fulfill other parts of our lives too. 

I have gone on a bit - but sometimes it's good just to get things down in writing, to a faceless "friend".

Sarah

·
Registered
407 Posts
;D ;D ;D ^idiot^

Hi sarahac.....

I'll be your faceless friend.......... :) welcome to FF it is a great site with many many nice people, who are all supportive and helpful  ;D  So much luck wished to you and your DH on this long and hard journey  :-\

All my love Donna xx xx xx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

Hi Sarahac

Im really sorry to hear about your long and hard journey so far.....

But you are always welcome to come and get things off your chest and talk.....they are a great bunch on here.

Wishing you all the best

Natsxx

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hiya Sarah,

Welcome to FF.

So sorry to hear of your loss ^hugme^, the pain gets easier after time.

It is so good that your friends seem supportive; all the best with the clomid - with any luck you and your sister will  be pregnant at the same time! - and don't worry too much about the endometriosis, I have 2 friends who have conceived naturally that suffer with endometriosis one also has PCOS (in fact one of them is in hospital at the mo in labour!).

I wish you all the best for the future, hope that you get your  ^BFP^soon!

Sending you lots of  ^fairydust^

Amanda (Janey02)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Amanda

Thanks for your good wishes and all your magic dust!!

I am feeling very high spirited and optimistic.  Two more of our friends had baby boys last week, so I am very much looking forward to going for a few cuddles this weekend.

Fingers crossed for your IVF treatment, and here's hoping it is a wonderful success!

Sarah
xx
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.