Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls

I just started d/reg on Tuesday. My question is when do I need to eat the brazil nuts and drink the organic milk and pineapple juice etc??? Any tips are gratefully received. This is my second go but it still feels all new to me!

I hope you can give me some advice.

Many thanks

Lou xxx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi Louise,
I only started to eat brazil nut's and drink skimmed milk (yuk!!) when I started on my stimulation meds. Anything with high protein whilst stimming is good. If I remember right then during d/reg I was told to stay away from stimulants such as caffeine. When I started my stimulation meds I had a hot water bottle on my tummy at all times. Apparently the heat helps the follicles to grow. It also helps with aching ovaries.
Good luck with your treatment. Sending sticky vibes your way hun.
^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^
Sarah xx

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ever so much!

I have been on decaff for 6 months and been taking follic acid. I have also stopped drinking alcohol. I stopped on my d21 appointment. I thought it would do me good.

I have also lost 30lbs since last time so really hope all is good!xx

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hi Louise.

I started DR on Tuesday too, exciting isn't it! I was told that the Brazil nuts thicken the lining of you womb so not to eat while DR but good when stimming. I get a bit confused with everything else. Just trying to be as healthy as possible but I did just eat a chocolate bar! (whoops) 

Good luck

Jen x

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hi Louise,

I heard one of them not sure which one :) can also help with the implantation of the embryo a few days after ET.

Hi jen - how you feeling ?

Zoe xxx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Louise

I started eating the brazils, and drinking pineapple and milk when I started stimms.  I also increased the protein intake.

^goodluck^

x x x

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Scooby!

Look at you coming along! Not long to go for you!!!xx

Thanks for the advice. I am still staying away from alcohol, but could murder a glass of vino tonight after the week I have had.

I have been eating pretty healthy for the last year but do have the occassional treat!

Lou xx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Louise

Have you tried Schloer ???  Its not a bad substitute for vino  ;)

xxx

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi Louise

Good luck with the tx.  Delighted to hear that someone has actually lost loads of weight from their previous tx, i'm like a whale at the mo.    Emmalottie has sent you a handy link which I followed to a T.    I gave up cigarettes on my first day of D/Ring, and stopped drinking coffee, tea and alcohol.  As others have said, brazil nuts and milk are for when you begin stimming.    Today is my OTD but not testing tomorrow when DH is here too.
Scooby, what is Schloer, can you get it in the pub?
G x x

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Scooby, I might try that.

Schwepps have some nice sparkling juices out. I had apple, pear and cinnamon at the weekend. It is a good substitute.

Hi Gadget, I lost it quite easlily. I did a lot of exercise and went on Weight Watchers. I lost 30lbs in about 3 months and it has stayed off. I don't exercise as much as I did and I still enjoyed a drink too. Even had crisps on a weekend etc. My big thing was bread, I cut it out. I do eat some now and then though and still I have managed to maintain my weight. I just hope I don't pile it all back on again during this tx.  :(

Can't wait for next Thursday. I still haven't had any hot flushes. I have headaches, I have had one since Friday.

Hope everyone is well!

Lou xxx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts