Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have just started our first cycle of ivf treatment following a very traumatic time. I was diagnosed with endo 18 months ago and it has been an upward struggle since. Following several operations i was told i would need ivf treatment to conceive. This was a shock to myself and my husband but we came to terms with it to then find out that we were entitled to nhs treatment but the local trust did not have the funding at present to go ahead with it. we feel we have been forced into self funding as my condition is not going to improve and to wait for a min of two years was very daunting. we were able to start ivf within a week and are now due for egg collection on monday. dont know what to expect at moment, feeling up and down. has anybody else felt they have been forced into self funding.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi

Felt exactly the same as you, felt we were forced into self funding as when we agreed to go for IVF we were told that there was a waiting list for 2 years, then i got a letter through from the NHS saying that we have missed this year and wont be seen till 2007, so our only other option was to go Private which we are now, just down regging at the mo.

BUT, last week we got a letter through from Barts asking us to see them on the 28 June as we have got our NHS go at IVF, so hopefully it will be just as quick for you, fingers crossed.  My only dilema with that is do we miss our NHS go as we are private, hopefully will get that answer Friday at my clinic.

You could call Barts or the NHS and find out how far you are in the queue, i think they go by your postcode, have heard that they will/can tell/help you.

Hope this has helped.

Good luck xx

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will telephone tom and find out were on list we are although it has only been a few weeks since put on list. but you get know were if you dont ask. Deb P.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.