Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new to the site, but what i have read so far seems to be really useful and helpful to me.

I am 26 next week, and have been trying to conceive for about 2 years. 

I have had all the usual fertility tests and have been told that I have PCOS.  I have not ovulated at all since coming off the pill; 2 and a half years ago.  Any periods i have had, have been induced.  The doctor tried me on clomid for three cycles but it failed to make me ovulate, the only side affects that it gave me was acne and weight gain - great!!!

Luckily, there is no waiting list for IUI at the moment so we have begun our first cycle.  I have been through the down regulation stage and had my baseline scan last Thursday.  Everything was fine to go ahead, so my DH gave me my first injection on Thursday night.  We have to go back for another scan next Thursday to check on the progress (fingers crossed for me!).

Thank you for all the help and advise so far!

Kate.xxx

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hi Kate

Good luck with your cycle, & with your injections.
^reiki^ ^reiki^
best wishes

Kate

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Hello Kate and welcome to FF

Just wanted to say good luck with the injections and your cycle  ^reiki^  ^pray^

Take care

Wendy
xx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Kate ^hugme^
I too have PCOS, and a few of its acciated symptoms, I find having a low Gi diet and doing exercise helps with the weight, there is a really good book called the PCOS diet by collette harris, if you want to know more.
^goodluck^ with this IUI, the IUI boards will be a great place for you to start ;)
I will leave you some links to help you navigate FF,
I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support
from members who really do have an understanding of your situation,
You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you
check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each.

IUI -
CLICK HERE

PCOS
CLICK HERE

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES
CLICK HERE

Investigations & Immunology
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)
You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi Kate,
Hopefully i won't be too far behind you with the IUI treatment. Love to hear how it all goes. I'm waiting for 1st check in appointment at clinic...

I have fingers and toes crossed for you! xx...(isn't this site fab!)

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi Kate,

Welcome to Fertility Friends, this site is fantastic for support, information and friendship  ^hugme^

Good luck for your tx  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Nikki xx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for everybodies kind messages of support.  This site is great and helps me feel less alone!

Scoobylooby, I will keep you updated on how my cycle goes, good luck with yours too, let me know how you get on. 

I am 4 days into my injections now, and so far no side affects.

Thanks again
Kate.xxx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Kate and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of support and advice and you have been left some great links to try out.

Sorry to hear that you have PCOS and that the clomid didnt work but im wishing you loads of luck with the IUI and that it brings a positive result. And great news that you didnt have a long waiting list!

Kate xx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Kate

Good luck with it, I hope you're successful. I was interested in your post becuase my husband and I have also been TTC for 2 years and the same as you I came off the pill in April 2006 and haven't had a natural period since. I too have been diagnosed with PCOS. What I find frustrating is that I had perfectly normal periods before I went on the pill - but I suppose the PCOS was an underlying problem. Have you tried metformin? I'm on 4 tabs a day, so far it hasn't helped me, but I have lost a few pounds and it's supposed to improve egg quality whilst you take the drugs - worth a try if you haven't considered it?? The thought of having a natural period seems so weird to me now. The other day a girl at work asked if i had a spare tampon - i almost said to her why would i have a tampon?? Can hardly remeber what it's like!

Anyway good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts