Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site found it yesterday and have just started Clomid. I'm so pleased I've found it as I've learnt so much reading through the posts and although I wish fertility problems on nobody it's very reassuring to realise that I'm not alone.
My story so far....
I am 39 and have been ttc for over 2 years; about a year ago I had a Laparoscopy and a dye test. They found that I had quite severe Endometriosis - my left fallopian tube was attached to my bowels and my right attached to my bladder (although right tube not as severe and dye did trickle through the tube). Additionally to this my cervix opening was nearly closed. My consultant explained that my chances of getting pregnant were only 5% - since one tube was flowing and he explained that sperm is tiny so would most likely be able to fit through the cervix opening. However in all honestly he explained that IVF would increase my chances greatly. At the time he explained I would need further surgery to increase the opening of my cervix and to remove/clip my left fallopian tube which was totally taken over by the endo. And this surgery was required in order for the IVF to begin.
I had 2nd Laparoscopy in April and they clipped my left tube and widened my cervix opening successfully.  Then at my meeting with my consultant after this surgery he explained to me that as it has been successful and they have since discovered that I am not ovulating every month he has prescribed me Clomid to try for 6 months.
I am on my first month – 100g days 2 – 6. I had a scan on Monday last week and there were 2 dominant follicles on the left side and some smaller 8mm follicles on the right side. I believe that I ovulated this Wednesday or Thursday as I had all the symptoms, cramps, egg white type mucus etc.. And now I'm just waiting.....
I have to go for a blood test next week – which I've now discovered after reading other post’s is to measure my Progesterone levels and will explain whether I have indeed ovulated. At the moment I still have constant pains in my left side which are quite bad and slightly worrying and lower back pain, I'm also extremely emotional. I have read this is all side effects?
Well, that's my story so far...I do have one question that somebody may be able to throw some light? I understand that I have ovulated from my left this time, well that's the side my tube was clipped, can the egg still make its way to the right tube? Is there a chance that I may still get a BFP this time? Or have I got no chance and just hope next month my egg comes from the right ovary.
Thank you for reading this, and I will value any support/advise that you can offer.
Izzi
:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Izzi!  My name's Nic and I am also new to FF  :)  Wow, how humbling for me to read your story... I could feel your courage and perseverance shine through . Well done for getting so far  :-*  I am 31, married for 3 years and ttc for more than four  ::)  Fobbed off by Docs up to this year, who told me to just 'keep trying and it will happen....your only young....n all that you know what  :mad:  FINALLY got a Lap & Dye this past September after convincing my new Doc that something wasn't right.  Result... one blocked tube and the other has a 'slow spill.'  Hormone levels are borderline.  However, trying to think positive now and have been given my first dose of Clomid... 50mg!  ^pray^  Definately encouraging to hear of others going through same thing and I'm really enjoying being a part of this! Still not really up to speed with all this terminology used on here....keep having to refer back to first page!  ;D  Anyway... lets just say I've never been so keen to start my 'monthlies' then I can begin my tabs... or as the DH is now calling them our little baby makers!haha.  EVERYTHING crossed.... Love and Best Wishes. Nic  :-* ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for you replies Nic and Mandy,

I'm so glad I've found this site it really is encouraging to hear other people's stories and journey's.  When I was prescribed Clomid I was over the moon - you would have thought I'd gotten a BFP right there and then!!! I had convinced myself that I had no chance unless we paid for IVF - which right now we could not afford. So this has given me a little hope, and if this does not work then I suppose we will have to find the money and start with IVF. It's an emotional journey this one, and the wondering, anticipation of what is happening inside us etc.... I have keep reminding myself that Clomid can help you to Ovulate but does not guarantee a BFP!!! My mind has a habit of wandering off way ahead of what might happen if....

Nic, I wish you luck when you do start  your Clomid, I too was never so excited to actually have my monthlies and begin the tablets. And I don't know all the terminology yet either.

Mandy, i wish you all the best with the IVF I really hope it works for you. I don't know how you managed 6 rounds of Clomid - it must have driven you mad every month - with side effects and the waiting to see if you Ovulated then waiting to see if you get BFP or BFN. 

All the best of luck xxxxx

Izzi :) ^fairydust^

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks so much for the encouraging words Izzy and Mo!  Izzy, can I ask why do you have to pay for your IVF??  I was worried about the posibility of that but I have been told I get 3 tries on the NHS. I think it stinks that one person should have to pay and another shouldn't!! It should be free for all!!  Good luck anyway ladies  ^reiki^ ^reiki^  ^hugme^  ^reiki^  ^pray^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Nic,

Yes, my consultant told me that as I already have a son from a previous relationship he is now 12 nearly 13 years old that I am unable to get any funding on the NHS.  My husband does not have any children though and is desperate to be a father. He loves my son and is very influential to his life, however he is not his own.  If Clomid does not work we will try to raise the money for IVF, just may take a little longer.

I do feel absolutely really blessed to have a son already, and if we are unable to have children together then it's something that we will have to deal with as a couple. But I try not to think like that.  :)

I've not thought about whether it's fair or not as it's not in my control, we just have to concentrate on the positive things we can do and hope it all works out good.

Izzi

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
to FF!

Please have a good look around the site and feel free to post in any area, and make yourself at home. There are many who are on their TTC journey, and others who have been fortunate to have little ones with assistance. You will soon discover that our members are very encouraging of one another and offering advice or just simple hugs. There's a vast amount of information here for everyone, so start reading, posting and getting to know others. You will make some great friends too, lots of members often have meet ups locally too, for chats, coffee, shopping or even nights out! You can share conversations with one another freely, simply because we all understand each other. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what this journey entails and the emotions that go with it. That's where we come in!

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

Tubal Factors ~ CLICK HERE

Endo ~ CLICK HERE

Clomid ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our chat room. We have a newbie day in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet one of our mods for support, meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.