Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

After TTC for 2 years and an ectopic where I had a tube removed DH and I have finally decided to take the plunge and try IVF.  We are having tx at the Oxford Fertility Unit and now on the 3rd day of dr.

Unfortunately age isnt on my side as almost 38 with high FSH and low AFC but as I keep reminding myself - it only takes one egg!  Would love to chat to anyone else who is starting out with tx at the same time at the OFU. 

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hi mrs veebee,

welcome to FF, I'm afraid i'm up in snowy sheffield but just wanted to say welcome and good luck with your treatment!!

xxx

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Mrsveebee!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. I don't know how I would have coped without the lovely people here. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

I was a few months off 38 when my daughter was conceived through IVF. There is a FF section for people over 40 and they have many success stories, so you certainly aren't too old yet! We had 4 follies which resulted in 2 eggs, only one of those eggs fertilised and was transferred back. The result is tormenting my poor DH downstairs as we "speak"! So she is living proof that it only takes one.

I am not even in the same country as you so I can't help with advice on Oxford but I can point you in the direction of the Oxford section - CLICK HERE.

Here are a couple of other links that I think might help you.

A Rough Guide To IVF ~CLICK HERE

IVF General chat ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Here is a link for the January/February board~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck!!! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Sue, reading your experience has really cheered my day!!  :)

Lynsnjon thanks for your good wishes.  Sending you lots and lots of luck for your treatment too  ^hugme^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.