Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I've never posted in this section, so apologise if you feel that I'm jumping in.

Unfortunately its not been a great day for me...its been 50:50. This is totally off topic so to speak, and I'll understand if you don't think this is relevant, but here goes.

Basically, prior to the discovery of my fibroid and after its removal I had been getting green fluid coming out of my nipple. I went to the doctors a couple of times and eventually was referred to hospital. The doctor there said he couldn't feel anything but 'just to make me feel better' was going to send me for an ultra sound. Anyway I had that today and they found a lump  :'( It's not cancerous  but I still have to go for a biopsy etc. I feel really numb about this. 50% is grateful that the doctor decided to send me for an ultra sound despite the fact that he felt nothing, and the other 50% is distraught. 

I just wondering if anyone knew where this would leave us in terms of ttc...

love
Snowbelle

·
Registered
849 Posts
really sorry no answers for you but you sounded like you need a  ^hugme^
keep your chin up
kate

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I'm so very sorry to hear that Snowbelle. I also have a lump on my breast and undergoing investigations at a Breast clinic. It's a horrible position to be in.

With regards to TTC they probably won't want to expose you to any hormonal drugs as the hormones could make the lump bigger.

Hope that you get that biopsy soon and you both feel better!

Kindest regards,

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey everyone,
just an update I had my biopsy last week and i get the results tomorrow...just hoping and praying for an all clear.
love and best wishes to everyone

love
Snowbelle

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for you snowbelle!

Will be thinking of you  :-*

Amanda x

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm soooo angry I just need to vent...so here goes:

I had my biopsy last week and it takes a week to get the results. I got a 1st appointment for tomorrow, then on saturday I got a letter saying that my appointment was today, fine fair enough I'm not working at the moment because of my fractured foot so I'm flexible. But now today I got a letter sent on friday saying that my appointment has been re-schduled to the 3rd of june. Thats later than the national guideline. If I was at work I'd already have the day off and might not even know until I got there. But the thing which is driving me insaine right now is that I can just about breath, my mum can just about breath, my husband can just about breath...how the hell do they expect us to sit on baited breath until next week...its just not on. Its unfair. They know the clinic they are running, they know my family history I just find it hard to believe that they would just play with someone like this. I feel so sick in the pit of my stomach. I'm just so angry I can barely breath. On top of it I canceled my counseling session with my GP this evening because it clashed with my hospital appointment. I am so angry and infuriated. I just don't know what to do.

love
Snowbelle

·
Registered
849 Posts
how frustrating for you  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^
i really dont know what else to say its just so unfair that the appt people dont seem to take into consideration feelings! ^eyes^
^pray^ for you
best wishes

Kate

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm sorry you are being messed about so much - you are right - sometimes people in the medical profession totally forget they are dealing with real, live people with real feelings.  Sending you some  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ in the meantime sweetie.

Amanda x

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey everyone
I got my results - I'm clear, no cancer, no precancer no nasties!!!
The lump is 1mm short of the mandatory extraction size so I have decided to have it removed.

I decided to play dumb yesterday and just go along to appointment. However with lots of persuasion they were able to give me my results, I just don't know why they had to just change the date!

Thank you so much for listening to me, its been horrible just waiting.

love and fairy dust to everyone

love
Snowbelle

·
Registered
849 Posts
good on you for just going down there to the appointment!
CONGRATULATIONS on being just a lump - sounds a bit rude sorry  ;D
at least you can relax now

kate

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Wonderful news snowbell  :)

A x

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, just to update everyone I had my lump removed this week  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

love
Snowbelle

·
Registered
849 Posts
pleased thats finally over and you seem in good spirits with your little  ^banana^ ^banana^
take it easy

best wishes

Kate  ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Glad it's good news, I so know how it feels to wait for results.
x

·
Registered
133 Posts
Why is it the Dr.s and staff don't understand that waiting can be destructive to the mental well being of the patient and family?  They have been in the business long enough to know that tests like these require the utmost sensitivity and urgency on the behalf of the patient.

Glad to hear all was wonderful news for you and you have been able to move on with your life rather quickly.  Good luck to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts