Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love reading all your messages about adoption.

It reminds me so much of when we were going through the adoption process & brings back a lot of memories, some sad but a lot more happy.

We adopted a little boy when he was 3years old, that was 8 years ago and then adopted a little baby girl (9months) 4 years later after adopting our son.

I couldn't ask for a better son or daughter & lots of people pass comments on how much they look like us!

The adoption process can be a long one but please don't give up, it is worth it in the end.

I suppose I am lucky, when we first set out to adopt we said we would like to adopt just one child and was willing to take a child up to the age of 5. 5 weeks after being approved at panel we were being matched to our ds.  After we were matched we had to wait 2 months to meet him but it was well worth the wait, especially when he opened the door at his foster mums & greeted us with those words we had waited so long to hear............Hello Mummy & Daddy!

After our ds had been with us for 2 years we thought about adopting another child & looked into the possibility of adopting a baby girl.

I won't go into to much detail but we did concurrent planning & the baby we were looking after was returned to the birth parents.......THAT HURT!!

We thought our world had ended & I still don't know how we got through that dark tunnel but we did, we picked ourselves up, dusted ourselves down & looked into the possibility of adopting a baby girl down the traditional route of adoption.

This we did & I know we are very very lucky as it only took 9 months from applying to social services to our daughter moving in with us.

So I just wanted to say good luck to you all, I know many of you are at different stages of the adoption journey & wish you all the luck in the world, my thoughts & prayers are with you all &  I hope your dreams come true soon!

superal
        x

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi Superal,

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. It is very interesting and also heart walming to read how happy you and your children are.

Thanks Mandyxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Superal

Always nice to hear a happy ending to this rollercoaster ride.  As Mandy says your story is very heart warming, I still have goosebumps when I think back to the start of the process and then meeting our girls for the first time.

Karen x

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for you messages.........................

Myself & my DH are extremely happy with our family.

I personally would love to adopt again but I think one of each is just fine & dh is not to keen on the idea of another one.

Mandy good luck for Friday, don't forget to take a camera & lots of tissues!!

Karen you sound as though you have settled into motherhood perfectly & your little girls are well adjusted if they are having tantrums, I would worry if they weren't, it means they are settled & are able to show their feelings. You are doing a brilliant job of being a Mummy.......enjoy it!

superal
        xx

·
Registered
244 Posts
great to read your message..so good to hear from someone further down the line who is so happy. We are at the beginning of our journey and seem at the moment only to be hearing negative aspects..you've ligthened my spirits ( which is good as back on training course day 2 tomorrow!)

Thanks superal
HHH

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad my messages have given you hope - don't give up!

Good luck for the future

superal

xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.