Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I've been really messed around by my GP with the Karyotyping test and was not informed that Mr needed to have the test redone as his blood did not culture for the test to be carried out.  Its too late now as I am about 10 days egg collection (donor).  My husband does have a genetically normal grown up child so does it really matter that we never got the results from this test.  I have read that you are born with your Karyotype and that it does not change with age or for any other reason.  I'm just trying to convince myself this won't have a bearing on my outcome.  Please help, I'm furming with the NHS at the moment, maybe one for Agate, many thanks Cx

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
Hi: the fact that he has a normal child already is reassuring but not conclusive.  some karyotyping anomalies are pretty much ruled out by having a healthy child, but others could result in still having a chance of passing on a serious problem e.g., unbalanced translocation - but karotyping problems are rare, so he is probably fine!  best of luck for your Tx

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Agate Cx

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
we had the same question as we were advised to get it done ( id alreday had mine done when was going to eggshare) but we paid for it for DH we got the results back yesterday all normal as we thought xx good luck xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts