Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter,
l hope that you can help put my mind at rest. Yesterday l had an anomaly scan and they want to repeat at 24 wks as she couldn't see fluid draining from the babys kidneys alothough there was plenty of amniotic fluid and the babys bladder was partly full. She said she wanted to do it again as l have had ICSI and at times this can effect the kidneys. Do you know if these are normally serious? She said that the kidneys are working and if it wasn't for my history she probably wouldn't see me again. She was aware that l was very worried and l don't know if she was trying to make me feel better.
Thanks
Lou

·
Registered
856 Posts
Lou2 said:
Hi Peter,
l hope that you can help put my mind at rest.

I'll try

Yesterday l had an anomaly scan and they want to repeat at 24 wks as she couldn't see fluid draining from the babys kidneys alothough there was plenty of amniotic fluid and the babys bladder was partly full. She said she wanted to do it again as l have had ICSI and at times this can effect the kidneys. Do you know if these are normally serious?

It varies but these scans are very difficult to interpret so I would not worry too much. If the bladder had fluid in then this must have originated from the kidneys.

She said that the kidneys are working and if it wasn't for my history she probably wouldn't see me again.

I agree

She was aware that l was very worried and l don't know if she was trying to make me feel better.

It is worrying but my guess is that everything is OK

Good luck!

Peter

Thanks
Lou

1 - 2 of 2 Posts