Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been tested for lupus and killer cells plus another blood disorder.

The blood disorders came back negative but I have been told that my CD19 is slighlty raised (14 point someting???!!!).

What does this mean? The nurse said something about it not being too high but I may still be put on steroids for my next treatment?

I would be grateful for some help.

Thanks
F

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi F,
I had a similar result for NK cells (the 50:1 ratio went up when I got a BFP as well as this CD19 thing). I was put on steroids (Dexamethasone) and have had 4 IVIG's. I really think this is what helped me get pregnant, and hang on to them for this long.
Good Luck!
Jane
xx

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi F

Dr Beer from Chicago did an interview about immune cell testing and what it all means - hopefully if you click on this link you should get there http://repro-med.net/info/qabeer_08-04.pdf. Basically the normal range for CD19 cells is 2-12 so your measurement is very very slightly elevated, but it seems from what Dr Beer says that this isn't really one of the key elements of the test. It's all treatable anyway - like Jane I've had very high levels of natural killer cells and they have now come right down to an all-time low, though to get here I had to have about 9 lots of IVIG. I was also on steroids - 25 mg of prednisalone a day - but they didn't really seem to have much effect on my levels, at least not so far as I could see.

Good luck with your next treatment
Kim

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jane and Kim,

One more question - what is IVIG?

Fx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts