Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi girls

Just a quick one. Do kings want a full or empty bladder for the follie scan? Lets hope the drugs have worked as I feel really uncomfortable now. Well will find out later today.

Lettuce

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi lettuce,

I can't remember!!!! Sorry....best tip if you need a full bladder is to drink a little and often and not large amounts as it is too uncomfortable...best of luck hope you have loads of follies!!

maxbabe
xxxx

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Hi Girls,

Just a quick one from me ...

Had my first appt on Monday .... bloods and scan + DH needed to do his bit  ^sperm^ Was seen by a lady called Ruth ( who is she by the way?)

Anyway, scan everything fine and my pco looks to have improved  :eek:.  Bloods done and I was out in 1/2 hr.

I have some questions though if you don't mind .....

1.  Ruth told me they only do long protocol at Kings, I have always done short protocol due to my pco.  Is this true?

2.  She also said that they don't monitor with blood tests but scans ... is this correct?  I was having bloods done very frequently at my last clinic ... every other day, so I find this strange.

3.  Do they do Blastocyst transfers at the unit?

If anyone who has done a cycle at Kings can let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Anyway, back on the 18th April ... to meet DR, got through test results, discuss tx and I presume be given a start date and prescriptions  ^scared^ ^scared^

Anyway, that's me .... Belinda xx

PS ... Maxbabe, I hope your back scan went well

Lettuce and Diane ... how's the cycling going??

Hi to everyone else xxxxx

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi Guys,

^bunny^ HAPPY EASTER !!!  ^bunny^

Well just a quick one from me.  I am due to start d/r tomorrow and have a rotten cold  :( (feeling very sorry for myself)  :(

Bels - As far as I'm aware kings do not offer Blastocyst transfers and yes they only do the necessary scans and tests etc.  During my last cycle i had 2 scans (1 d/r and 1 stim) then ec and et.

Hope you are all well.

Debs xx

G

·
Hi bels,

To answer some of your q's - Ruth is Dr Ruth Curson, can't remeber her title but she's the most senior after Mr Parsons.

I have never had any blood tests at Kings, all scans.

We have not been given the option of blastocyst.

We've found the staff really friendly overall and been happy with the tx, apart from the waiting list!

Lettuce - how did your scan go hun?

Will catch up properly later

ali

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi girls

This is going to be a me post I am sorry to say but feeling rather  :'( after my scan.

Went on thursday to see how many follies I had and only had 6 all 10mm or under. So they have told me to stop stimming and to D/R again for 2 weeks then another scan and then stimm again on 450 iu of menopur. (was on 150 iu) Was very shocked by this as am only 27 and bloods were all fine and I do not have any problems, or so I thought. (Having ICSI due to DH). So if it does not work this time it is game over  :(. Well off to phone my nice GP to see if he transfer my prescription to NHS.

Speak soon

Lettuce

G

·
Lettuce, hun, so sorry you're having a tough time. From reading the other boards this is not uncommon and hopefully the increased menopur will get you back on track.

Take care
Ali

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Lettuce :'(

Sorry to hear about your scan. I really hope everything works out for you and DH and your dream comes true.

Nic G xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ah bless you Lettuce,
sending lots of:-
^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^sorry to read that you have to stimm/ down reg for longer, however Im sure your follies will grow dear...mine were slow too so I had to stimm for longer.

Ive looked at my first cycle as a learning curve, at least they know a little bit about me now! they have decided to up my gonal f from 225 to 300/350 so hopefully I will not have to stimm for so long now..

Although I will pop in and out from time to time to see how you are doing,
we have now decided to have our second cycle at the Lister, they do more blood tests /scans and seem to monitor you more!

Wishing you all the best.
Luv
SpiritX ^bye^ 

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Girls

Just popped in to see if anything was happening!

Lettuce I am so sorry about the scan but be positive the increased drugs should do the trick  ;) 

Ladies NEVER give up hope just look at me. In Jan 2004 I was basicly told by Kings Hosp that I would never get pregnant without assisted conception after our first IVF attempt ended with failed fertilisation. Just look at us now and naturally!  Pleased to say that the baby has been moving and kicking now for about 2 weeks and I have my next scan next Wed 6th when we should hopefully find out the babys sex  :)

Wishing you all well will let you know how it goes next week.

Love and Babydust to all  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Blue x

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Girls

It doesn't look like anyone has been on here in a while but just in case your interested our scan went well today the baby is absolutely perfect and its a boy  :).  We had already picked a name for him so baby Sonny will hopefully be born into the world sometime at the beginning of August.

Good Luck Everyone

Love Blue x

G

·
Fantastic news Blue, how exciting!

I started acupuncture yesterday - it went well and I'm going back weekly for the next month!

Hope everyone else is well

Ali

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hi Girls

Sorry not been on this post for an age.  But needed a bit of time for myself.

Lettuce how are you going with your increased dose now sorry to hear it was not so good at your scan.  I am sure things are not working themselves out.  Let us know how you get on with your next scan when that is?

Deb - how is your cycling going.

Blue that is fabulous news I am so pleased for you.  Take care in the remainder of your pregancy.

Nik - how is yours progressing.  Have you found out if it will be a boy or a girl?

Ali - glad that the acupuncture is working well.  Have you had your follow up appointment at Kings yet?  When will you be cycling next?

Bels - how's it going for your at the moment?

Well as for me I am still getting over the m/c but getting stronger by the day.  We are just weighing up our options.  No more NHS cycles to going to have to pay for next one.  Not sure if Kings will be the one next time however I don't have my follow up appointment to first week in May so an age away and no doubt the dates now to beg will be August if I am lucky.  So looking at other options possible Chelsfield and also going to try acupuncture too.

Take care everyone

Superted  :) :) :) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Girls

Sorry I have been away it has certanly been quiet.

Blue Wow a little boy to be and Sonny is such a lovely name.

Debs how is all going

Nic & Maxbabe hope you and your bumps are ok

Superted Glad to hear you are getting stronger.

Ali Hope you are enjoying the Accupuncture

Sprit Good luck at the Lister

As for me well I had my Baseline scan yesterday and that was fine so I am now on 450iu of menopur. With a scan on the 15th to see if I have any follies.

Lettuce

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Thanks for asking after me.  I still d/r at the moment with my baseline scan booked for 13th April then hopefully start stimmimg.

Blue - Fantastic news & Sonny is a great name

Lettuce - Fingers crossed for this time

Superted - Glad to hear you are feeling better

Ali - I had accupuncture last year and found it really relaxing

Nc & Maxababe - Hope all is well

Take care all

Debs xx

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Girls

Just popped in to say hi as we have been very quite lately.

No news from me still stimming will have scan on Friday afternoon to see if ready to be harvested  ;D

On a sad note has anyone seen the fron page of the Metro this morning. A lady has died from OHSS and she was being treated at Kings. They said that OHSS is rare and that they beleive she is the first woman in the UK to die from it. But do you feel that they seem to skip over that, I have learnt more about it from on hear than the Hospital, the only info they gave me was in that leaflet we get through before our initial consultation.

Hope everyone is well

Lettuce

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hi Lettuce

Glad to hear things are well.  Good luck for Friday.  Fingers and everything crossed for you.  I know you will be fine.

My goodness that is a worry about that women dying from OHSS and being treated at Kings.  I don't get the Metro but wondered if you had a copy yourself you would be able to scan the article and email it to me if possible????  I guess it didn;t mention her name did it???

Anyway DH and I are getting along ok waiting for my aF to arrive.  Not sure when that will be.

Have our appointment with Dr Curzon 6th May seems ages away have had to wait nearly 2 months by tiime I see her for follow up appointment.  Dread to think what month they are doing IVF/ICSI fornow.  Probably Aug/Sept.

Anyway take care all and hope to hear from some of you soon.

Superted xx

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Hi Kings Girls ..

Just a quick catch up from me ....

Lettuce ... Good Luck for your scan on Friday

Superted ... May will be around sooner than you think hun  ^reiki^

Debbie ... hope the scan went Ok today!

Blue ... Congrats on a little boy ... wonderful!

Ok ... have my appt on Monday 18th April to meet with consultant - Dr Koita, but before that, my dh has to go back tomorrow to give a further sample.

So on monday, I will hopefully be getting a start date and my prescriptions.

I will update on Monday!!!!

Hi to everyone I missed .... Belinda xxxx

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.