·
Registered
331 Posts
Hello. Where is Everybody ??​

^banana^ ^monkey^ ^banana^ ^monkey^ ^banana^ ^monkey^ ^banana^ ^monkey^

G

·
Hi Debbie

My notifications have disappeared - not sure if that's why other people haven't been about either!

ali

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
mine too, what is going on?????

Tikki

G

·
^help^ ^help^ ^help^OMG - JUST SAW THIS ON ANOTHER THREAD:

Dear Members,

Over the last couple of weeks you will of noticed some slowdowns and regular daily outages.

This is because of the huge number of people using the site. Not only is it causing the server to crash - it is also bottlenecking the comms line at the datacenter

Last night I had to turn off various features of the site - one of them being message board searching. This has been done to reduce the activity that our webserver needs to do and prevent any database lockups/crashing.

At peek points of the day with 150+ users/guests online - it only takes one person to perform a heavy search, to cause the server to lock up.

This is very sad news and after much investigation and tweaks on the server it has got to the point where we have no choice but to upgrade to a better machine.

Unfortunately - the datacenter where we currently reside, it is no longer possible to stay - as it would be way to expensive.

We now have two weeks to move out. If we don't move out then sadly we will have to close the site until we are in a position to go live again.

Looking at different options - we could hire a better server somewhere else - but for the spec we need, our running costs would triple

An alternative option for us(and the best) is to purchase (rather than hire)a much better webserver and store it at a datacenter in the Docklands(UK) with low monthly storage costs.

Today we have found a couple of brand new rackmount servers on ebay(buy it now) and they only have 5/6 days left. Which after delivery and getting setup - takes us to nearly 2 weeks.

We are over half way there with funding for a new server - but over the next 6 days we need to raise a further £400 to buy it, get it delivered, upgrade its memory add another CPU - and add towards our setup costs at docklands.

If we don't get another server and move within the next two weeks - we will have no choice but to take FF offline.

If we were to go offline - I'm not sure how long that would be for. As we would still have to find an alternate server and it would probably cost a lot more

Bearing in mind that we only realistically have 5 days to get the money together - If you would like to help us by making a small donation towards the new server - then it would be more than appreciated. PayPal donations would be preferred as we will be buying the server via paypal. Our paypal address is still [email protected]

In a couple of days I will know where we are at and will be able to let you know more about whats happening and if we will need to offline.

Take care and hugs to all

Tony, Mel - Jess and The Admin Team.
xxxxxx

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29873.0.html

Losing this site would really tip me over the edge ^confused^ ^confused^

Trying to work out how to make a donation without a PayPal account....

Ali

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Ali - I'll definately be seeing about making a donation to the cause.

Well not long now until i test and although i'm at the point where it failed last time i'm still feeling very positive.  A few twinges here and there and boobs are still very heavy and tender.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Hope you are all well.  Take care

Debs xx

·
Registered
331 Posts
OMG i got a  ^BFP^ !!

^banana^ ^pompom^ ^banana^ ^pompom^ ^banana^ ^pompom^ ^banana^ ^pompom^

Done a clearblue regular test this morning and got a positive but then started to doubt it so just to be sure bought a clearblue digital and it came up "pregnant"  almost straight away.

We are over the moon and still a bit in shock

Will call kings on Monday and book 6 week scan.

Hope everyone is well

Debs

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Congratulations Debs and DH!!!!!

Fantastic news .... I am so pleased for you!!!!!

Loads of Love ... Belinda xxxx

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Debs

OMG OMG OMG congratulations sweetheart.  I am so happy for you and DH.  Looks like Kings has done it again!  ;)

Nic G xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
^clapping^ ^banana^  ^jumpin^ ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^

^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^

Well done Debs, thank is fantastic news.....enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Tikki. xx

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just catching up.....massive congratualtions to DebbieD - way to go girl......so pleased for you.....now that I have reached the end...with a beautiful baby I can swear it was worth every needle, every minute of back pain,......try and enjoy and not worry too much!!!!!

Hello to everyone else....Nic - saw your piccie looking massive - but not quite big enough yet...yes you will get bigger....I have just looked at a piccie of me in the last few days of pregnancy - OMG just so big......hope your feeling OK....

Life for me is just brilliant I cant tell you how happy we all are...Max is just a delight a very chilled little man!

I wish everyone the success I and many others have had.....it really is worth the struggle and pain....and I pray you all get there really soon.....

loads of love
maxbabe

G

·
Hi all

Maxbabe - great to hear from you and how much you're enjoying little Max - are their photos posted?

Take care all

Ali

·
Registered
376 Posts
Not yet...I am about as technical as a snail.....as fast as too.....although we have been taking loads...as soon as I can i will post them

·
Registered
45 Posts
^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Well done Debs so pleased for you and DH.  Lets hope you have started a run of Good Luck for the other Kings Girls to!

^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^

Lots of Love

Blue

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Hi Kings Ladies

Debs - have you and DH come back down to earth yet?  ;) I'm so pleased for you hun - update us when you have your scan whether its one or two bubs  ;D Just a word of warning, not sure what Kings have said to you yet, but they may only give you one scan and sign you off to GP.  They did that to me but I had another two scans at EPUs so I didn't have to wait 6 weeks for my 12 week scan.

Maxbabe - good to hear from you hun - hope your back is better now - your little man sounds lovely - can't wait to see piccies of him.  :) Yes, at last I have a pregnancy bump but it still doesn't help me get a seat on the train in the morning!  :( Planning to work up to 35 weeks, so travelling in Summer should be fun!

Blue - hope your pregnancy is going well hun.  :)

Hi to Bels, Tikki, Ali and to any of the other Kings girls that I may have missed sending you lots of babydust.  :)

Take care all.
Nic G xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi Girlies,

Thank you all for your congratulations.  I still seems unreal and probably will until the 6 week scan  ;D which is on 06th June.  Does anyone know if it is a normal ultrasound or if they use the horrid probe  ::) ?

Maxababe - it's great to have you back.  Can't wait to see piccies of Max

Nic - You look great.  I'm really looking forward to having a bump.

Blue - Hope you are and everything is progressing well.

Everyone else.  Hope everything is ok with you all.

Debs xx

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Morning Girls,

How are you all doing? The thread has been very quiet for a while....

Just thought I'd post and let you all know that I am down regulating now and have had 3 injections so far. It hasn't been too bad injecting myself and i have decided that the quicker you do it the better...Dh has proved that he would not have been too much use in this situationas he has to look aaway when I do it ...(not surprised by this as I know he is a bit squemish at the best of times)

Did you all inject buserelin on your cycles? How long did it take to experience any ill effects from it???

Debs, how you feeling? Getting used to the idea??

Nic, not long to go, where are you having the baby?

Speak soon,
Tikki. xx

G

·
Hi girls

Good to hear your on the treadmill Tikki! I sniffed the buserilin for my first 2 cycles, but I'm going to inject next time as it seems less hassle and the needles don't bother me.

I ordered my drugs yesterday (so feeling very broke today!). I start the pill when AF shows up - should be the first week in June.

I'm doing acupuncture with this cycle and feeling positive - fingers crossed!

Debs - how are you and DH - has the shock worn off yet??

Hope everyone else is well

Ali

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.