Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi anyone here using known donor eggs?

Any one starting a cycle of icsi with d/e this summer?

i would love to here from you, please get in touch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
HI my friend has offered to be an egg donor for us but as she is just turning 36 we cant put her into the pool.im just getting started too and i would love to talk to someone about this,the tests psychological effects etc. .
hope someone responds to us!
bubs

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Bubs thanks its bl **dy hard to come to terms with isnt it? whats your plan now?
X

·
Registered
265 Posts
hiya,
i am using a known egg donor.  basically my 1st cousin who had fertility problems herself (her husband had low sperm count). she had twins on her 5th treatment and how now offered to help me thankfully.  we've already had a treatment last nov which failed (she only produced 5 eggs which was a bit shocking cos she always produced about 15) but she has agreed to try again for me maybe in about a month or so and they have said they will need to change her dosage of drugs.  i think it's got it's advantages and disadvantages really but i'm just thinking that if it worked and i got a BFP that i would deal with anything it threw up.  i'm not even that convinced it's an egg donor i need - they said it could be egg donor or sperm donor but they thought it more likely to be egg.  i feel a bit like the next treatment is a bit trial & error but at least it might throw up some more answers.
not sure if i've helped or not?  what are your plans?

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi girls, i dont know what to do .our  consultant said he would be exploiting us by taking our money if we tried again but im finding it hard to walk away .i feel i should have one last attempt for closure otherwise im giving up without a fight but im also so tired mentally and want to move on. money is also an issue as its an expensive way to find closure.we can start egg donation in june which is great .i need to make a decision in the next week but im going around in circles here .what if the next icsi worked?? irealise how lucky i am in having an egg donor so why am i dragging my heels.i really like my friend(obviously)good looking girl,great personality  with 3 lovely kids who wouldnt interfere in my childs upbringing.she thinks if i used her eggs it might kick start something inside me and a miracle might happen somewhere down the line.
dizzie , whose eggs are you planning to use? what is your fertility history?
ruby ,you are lucky your cousin is preparted to go again ,i never considered the possiblity of my friend not responing and i dont think i could ask her to go again .
keep in touch guys
bubs

·
Registered
265 Posts
hey bubs,
i know how you are feeling and always keep thinking 'but what if i have one more try with my own eggs first'....  but basically i've now had 5 treatments and can't take much more misery so just came round to thinking that if it means i get pregnant then i'll do it any way i can - rather than keep using my own eggs and getting a BFN!  i suppose the only difference is that you have actually managed to get pregnant before whereas i have never had a BFP.  so yours sounds like there's a problem with them sticking for the duration rather than anything else.  isn't there something they can do about that?  i basically now think that i'm so desperate to have a child and so can't think about my life without one that even using a donor doesn't worry me that much now.  i sometimes worry slightly about my cousin once i'd had the baby but then think that after going what we've gone through for the past 3 years we could deal with anything now!  have a good long think about what you want to do and i'm sure you'll come to the right decision  :-\

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.