Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

I noticed a post back in February regarding the supplement L-Arginine & you didn't know much about it's benefits during fertility treatment.

I've heard a bit of talk about it on other boards & it's benefits to improve egg quality & more & more ladies seem to be taking it prior to treatment. I was wondering if you've read anything new about it?

I have been taking it for a few weeks now as i can't imagine it will do any harm. Do you know what dose i should be taking? I've been having 500mg & increased to 1000 this last week. I'm due to start short protocol in a few days. When should i stop taking it?

Any advice/information will be greatly received.

Thanks
Minnie
XX

·
Registered
856 Posts
Minnie said:
Hi Peter

I noticed a post back in February regarding the supplement L-Arginine & you didn't know much about it's benefits during fertility treatment.

There are lots of anecdotal claims about the usefulness of this in both male and female infertility. There are, as far as I know, no scientific studies which have shown any benefit. Nevertheless, if you feel that it does you good it will certainly do no harm.

I've heard a bit of talk about it on other boards & it's benefits to improve egg quality & more & more ladies seem to be taking it prior to treatment. I was wondering if you've read anything new about it?

See above

I have been taking it for a few weeks now as i can't imagine it will do any harm. Do you know what dose i should be taking?

Not really as it has not undergone any clinical trials for use in infertility.

I've been having 500mg & increased to 1000 this last week. I'm due to start short protocol in a few days. When should i stop taking it?

It should be OK to take it through treatment but when you get pregnant stop taking it.

Good luck!

Peter

Any advice/information will be greatly received.

Thanks
Minnie
XX

1 - 2 of 2 Posts