Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have merged some threads about what to pack in your hospital bag, so you can find all the info together. Hope this is useful

Claire (babydust moderator)

Hey there everyone xxx

I am trying not to sound to silly here but...........

"what do I need?" in the uk you get check lists and things and well I havent a clue what to pack... I will be in hospital for the mandatory 3 days here in Dubai... HELP!!! some one told me I need 3 bags one for beani one for labour and one for me in post??

thanks for any tips !!!

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and when will be a good time to have them packed by?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Tinks

I have packed most of the stuff Trudy has mentioned, and also hot water bottle, Tens, and a bloody good book in case things aren't as speedy as I hope they'll be!!  Also, at the hossie Im going in we can take a bottle of champagne  ^drink^for when bubs is born (I asked if I can subsitute for Stella but got a resounding NO!)  ^tantrum^ ^smash^

I packed mine last week (35 weeks )  - some ladies at work have just said I should have another one in the boot of the car now (just in case I "start" at work)  ^scared^

love
Churchill
xxx

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for that ..gives me something to go on now...

I went into prem labour with my first and never had to pack so really dont know where to start!!...

so start packing about 34 weeks thats ok loadsa time!!!

best get me camel booked for the 2nd of August !!!

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
best get me camel booked for the 2nd of August !!!
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ Can just picture it ;)^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

Loadsa love
Jax
xxx

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If a Donkey was good enough for Mary ..... I am going in style!!!

Bring on the Camel

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts

Jax
xxx

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it could be the imaculate conception dh was in a different country when I had et!!!

Love the duck....!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Immaculate conceptions right enough - I must admit I did always imagine that the father of my child would actually be present at conception!!!!  ;D

I have also bought some deodorant wipes for the bag.  I have heard rumours that a shower immediately post birth is not always possible and I really wanted to have something to freshen myself up.

I am also going to sneak in my hair straighteners....  ::)  Well, if I feel like I have been sawn in two then I can at least make myself feel better by trying to look semi presentable!  ;D  Or maybe I just won't care...

A xxx

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Hi Tinks

As well as having the labour bag, bubbs bag and post natal bag...I would recommend you put Bubb's first clothes in the labour bag so they're easy for DH to find. I put Isabelle's clothes in a freezer bag in my labour bag, so he could just hoik them out.

Oh and make sure your camera if its digital is properly charged and plenty of memory space for all those fabulous photos  :)

love & hugs

Camilla

PS I found that I hardly used some of the junk I took in...if DH is visiting you regularly you can always get him to take stuff away and bring in other stuff you forgot! I found it impossible to read in hospital, too many distractions!

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dh is staying with me for the 3 days.. I spose he can always go home and pick up what I have forgotten...  I have booked a double suit at my hossie so he can stay all the time..

well I am off to do some shopping then I spose..

thanks for all your help everyone xxx

·
Registered
133 Posts
i have packed my walkman too. and some fresh breath tablets in case i cant be bothered to get out of bed to clean my teeth. just in case DH wants a kiss!! for all my hard work  ;D

and some fem fresh tissues in case down below needs a freshen up  for the same reason. (Not incase Dh wants a kiss!!)  ^evil^

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Queen of Sheba said:
and some fem fresh tissues in case down below needs a freshen up for the same reason. (Not incase Dh wants a kiss!!) ^evil^
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry me again !!!

I had to share this with you I went out yesterday armed with my shopping list of all the tips and tricks you have shared with me!!

for some reason I ended up with 6 huge packs of sanitary towels and a pot of sudocream... and a playstation  ^roflmao^  ^roflmao^

I am so ooooo useless.. going to try again today god only knows what I will get his time, anyone fancy a shopping trip in Dubai I need help !!! oh well wish me luck for today!!

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts

Hope you had a better shopping spree today Tinks ^roflmao^

Loadsa love
Jax
xxx

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi

I am almost 24 wks pg and am, now starting to think about gettingthings together for ym bag to take with me to hospital, should i need to go in early.  I have suddenly realised that i dont know what im supposed to take  ???  I know ill need the nighties nappies etc.  Can anyone help me out and tell me what they are taking in???

Shaz xxx

·
Registered
241 Posts
Couple of nighties, socks knickers, sanitary towels, couple of t_shirts and jumper, 2 pairs loose trousers, washbag with usuals in, Sanitary Towels, Towels for me, towels for baby, books, slippers, dressing gown, case of baby clothes, baby nappies and toiletries, Hot Water Bottle if get back ache, Tens machine, few snacky things, bit of change for phone, credit card, list of useful tel no's and myself i think !!

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Sharon ~
There is also a list in the Mothercare/Babies R us catalogue, only very basic but gives an idea, I think? 
I'm sure the 3rd tri ladies will be able to help!

Marie xx

·
Registered
484 Posts
HI

Thanks....just had a bit of a panic this afternoon when i realised i hadnt got anything together and it wasnt even sorted in my head  lol

Hormones eh!!!

Marie hope you are mark and little one(s) are fine...whens your first scan??

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi

The best two items i packed in my hospital bag was a small hand held fan - so glad that i did as after every contraction i felt boiling hot afterwards, and a bottle of water with a sports cap on it - a lot easier to drink from when you are lying in bed!

Good Luck

Chris

PS - over half of the stuff i packed i didn't use.........

1 - 20 of 235 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.